What's new

JV between Turkey and UK in Submarine

Oublious

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

Uk want to consulate about Turkish AC project and now Submarine, if we go start a project like that then it should be seperate project and not cancel MILDEN.

Uk want to consulate about Turkish AC project and now Submarine, if we go start a project like that then it should be seperate project and not cancel MILDEN.

Well - I guess here - the UK is looking to build non-nuclear drone submarines with a view of building its own domestic export business ( I would like to think - but it is prob not true - it is to build Turkey as a partner so that we can both collectively undermine Frances defence industry !!!!!!!!!!!!) - so it is looking for partners for join projects. The TFX has bits of british DNA in it - so it is an approach that the UK will like to replicate for this programme aswell.

The UK is quite serious about re-building its defence industry - so it adopting joint projects where ever it can.

The Jackal - as i have learnt today - is based on a Turkish platform - is example of closer and closer collaboration between the UK and Turkish partners.

Gets a big thumbs up from me if it does materalise !

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom