What's new

Justice?

waleed3601

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Head of seminary, 2 others convicted in rape case

54f8ff06de79e.jpg

It was the first case of its nature where convicts raped their victim in a moving car and pushed her out of the vehicle.—AP/File
MANSEHRA: The Anti-Terrorism Court, Abbottabad, convicted the head of a seminary and his two accomplices on Thursday for subjecting a First Year girl to rape in a moving car, and sentenced two of them to 14 years’ rigorous imprisonment.

ATC Judge Raja Masood also convicted a co-accused, who was driving the car when his accomplices were committing the crime, to 10 years’ rigorous imprisonment.

The widely reported and condemned rape case took place on May 12 last year when cleric Qari Naseer, who is also the head of a seminary, and his two accomplices, Mohammad Faizan and Hussain Mushtaq, tricked the student into sitting in their car with help of an accomplice, Anam Bibi, a classmate of the victim.

The police arrested Qari Naseer and his two other accomplices and charged them with under the Anti Terrorism Act and different sections of Pakistan Penal Code.

After completion of arguments by the defence and prosecution, the judge pronounced the verdict, observing that the prosecution had proved its case against the three men.

The judge acquitted the female accused in the case.

The judge sentenced Qari Naseer and Mohammad Faizan to undergo14 years’ imprisonment each. The judge also convicted Hussain Mushtaq to undergo 10 years’ rigorous imprisonment for helping the two other convicts by driving the car from Mansehra to Abbottabad when they were committing the crime, though he himself did not take part in the heinous crime.

It was the first case of its nature where convicts raped their victim in a moving car and pushed her out of the vehicle at the Gazikot Township after the incident.

The ATC announced the verdict after hearing the case for about 10 months.

Published in Dawn, March 6th, 2015

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Why was the female abettor acquitted? Is this justice?
In my opinion the mullah should be lashed publicly then hung, after all, that's what the Quran says and he preached! So sick of this crap.

WTH? chop of their heads and balls! The higher up you are on the ladder

the harsher your punishment should be as you are more knowledgeable of the consequences! If you are not then stay as an ordinary man if you want to be someone important get the balls to live up to the responsibilities!

You wanted her to be punished on what charge? For being raped? :o: WTH?

acquit
əˈkwɪt/
verb
past tense: acquitted; past participle: acquitted
  1. free (someone) from a criminal charge by a verdict of not guilty.
  2. conduct oneself or perform in a specified way.

what he meant to say was, "why was she charged in the first place?" maybe.

I think it's that hudood ordinance law for adultery etc that the defence might have been using for their defence...

edit : No wait, I re-read everything. The rape victim was not charged at all for anything (according to the article), it was that class fellow that helped trick the victim into sitting in the car who was acquitted of all charges. Should have written a better article, gets confusing...And yeah, she should have been punished. But I think he herself must have been tricked into tricking her class fellow. Had she known there was plan for rape, she probably wouldn't have helped them...that's probably why she was acquitted.

You wanted her to be punished on what charge? For being raped? :o: WTH?
the girl who got raped was lured into the car by a female class fellow of hers. that class fellow got acquitted but in my opinion she should also have been given at least 2 years imprisonment for being an intermediary in such a heinous crime.

the girl who got raped was lured into the car by a female class fellow of hers. that class fellow got acquitted but in my opinion she should also have been given at least 2 years imprisonment for being an intermediary in such a heinous crime.
Oh sorry I read wrong! I missed the accused....

Yes I agree she should have gotten lashes at least!

Yes I read it wrong too...am gonna delete my post it looks stupid :ashamed:

But I think he herself must have been tricked into tricking her class fellow. Had she known there was plan for rape, she probably wouldn't have helped them...that's probably why she was acquitted.
Maybe!

BTW, in my opinion such shit holes should not have their heads covered and should be exposed in public with their pix released!

At least in USA, if a known sex offender (includes harassment and whatever form of sex offence by definition esp if it includes minor ) has his pix taken and spread in school for parents to keep an eye out for such shit in the neighborhood!

1. I think first years students are normally under 18, hence don't fall in Adults category and treated differently.
2. Maybe she was herself blackmailed to do it, which is not unusual thing.

So, unless you know all the details and proceedings of court, you can't decide anything.

1. I think first years students are normally under 18, hence don't fall in Adults category and treated differently.
2. Maybe she was herself blackmailed to do it, which is not unusual thing.

So, unless you know all the details and proceedings of court, you can't decide anything.

There are no age requirements for madrassah...So she could have been any age.

alimah courses are 4 year courses. No pre-requisites as far as I remember, except offcourse they probably require some basic literacy...So she could even be 10-12 years of age...but it's more likely she was closer to 18 or above.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom