What's new

Just who is Catriona Gray? Meet the Australian-Filipino singer and model who has just won Miss Unive

jhungary

MILITARY PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
China
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...o-singer-wins-2018-Miss-Universe-pageant.html

• Catriona Gray is an Australian-Filipino television host, singer and model
  • The betting favourite was crowned 2018 Miss Universe in Bangkok on Sunday
  • She beat out Miss Australia who was slammed for role in 'racist' video
By Matilda Rudd and Alice Murphy For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 16:10 AEDT, 17 December 2018 | Updated: 17:34 AEDT, 17 December 2018

13k shares

View comments

Australian-Filipino TV host and model Catriona Magnayon Gray has won the 2018 Miss Universe pageant in Bangkok.

Born in Queensland to a Scottish-Australian father and Filipino mother, the 24-year-old vision represented the Philippines on Sunday and took out the top prize, wowing judges with her final answer.

Ms Gray, who boasts more than half a million Instagram followers, said her experience working in the slums of Tondo, Manila, taught her to 'look in the beauty of the children' and be grateful.

Scroll down for video

7509504-6502841-Australian_Filipino_TV_host_and_model_Catriona_Magnayon_Gray_pic-a-46_1545020955144.jpg

+10
Australian-Filipino TV host and model Catriona Magnayon Gray (pictured) has won the 2018 Miss Universe pageant in Bangkok

Who were the top 11 at 2018 Miss Universe?
1. Miss Philippines Catriona Gray

2. Miss south Africa Tamaryn Green

3. Miss Venezuela Sthefany Gutiérrez

4. Miss Puerto Rico Kiara Ortega

5. Miss Vietnam H'Hen Niê

6. Miss Canada Marta Stepien

7. Miss Costa Rica Natalia Carvajal

8. Miss Curacao Akisha Albert

9. Miss Nepal Manita Devkota

10. Miss Thailand Sophida Kanchanarin

11. Miss Australia Francesca Hung

'And I will bring this aspect as a Miss Universe to see situations with a silver lining and to assess where I could give something, where I could provide something as a spokesperson.

'And this I think if I can teach people to be grateful, we can have an amazing world where negativity could not grow and foster and children will have smiles on their faces,' she said.

The brunette beauty edged out first runner-up Tamaryn Green of South Africa and third-place Sthefany Gutierrez of Venezuela on the day, and succeeds the 2017 winner, Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters of South Africa.

Miss Australia, Francesca Hung, didn't make the top ten after she and two other contestants were seen in a video allegedly mocking Miss Vietnam for her lack of English.

7509508-6502841-The_brunette_beauty_edged_out_first_runner_up_Tamaryn_Green_of_S-a-54_1545023376722.jpg

+10
7509622-6502841-The_brunette_beauty_edged_out_first_runner_up_Tamaryn_Green_of_S-a-49_1545023376464.jpg

+10

The brunette beauty edged out first runner-up Tamaryn Green of South Africa and third-place Sthefany Gutierrez of Venezuela on the day

6678724-6502841-Catriona_Magnayon_Gray_is_an_Australian_Filipina_TV_host_singer_-a-39_1545028476916.jpg

+10
Catriona Magnayon Gray is an Australian-Filipina TV host, singer and model who represented the Philippines at the Miss Universe final in Bangkok, Thailand on December 17

7509514-6502841-Miss_Australia_Francesca_Hung_didn_t_make_the_top_ten_pictured_d-a-37_1545028476904.jpg

+10
Miss Australia, Francesca Hung, didn't make the top ten (pictured) - despite being tipped as a crowd favourite - after she and two other contestants were seen in a video allegedly mocking Miss Vietnam for her lack of English

She has since explained on social media that the comments were taken 'out of context'.

This year's contest is not the first foray into the world of pageantry for multi-talented catwalk queen Catriona Gray.

Ms Gray was previously named Miss World Philippines in 2016, and is the first woman in history to have been awarded both World and Universe national titles.

Before her departure to Bangkok to prepare for the final, Ms Gray released her new music video 'We're in This Together', an anthem highlighting the plight of poverty stricken children in the slums of Manila.

The song shot straight to number one in the Philippines iTunes chart.

6678742-6502841-Ms_Gray_works_as_a_commercial_model_and_singer_and_recently_rele-a-38_1545028476913.jpg

+10
Ms Gray works as a commercial model and singer, and recently released a track called 'We're in This Together' to raise awareness about child poverty in the slums of Manila

@TruthTheOnlyDefense @Hamartia Antidote @KAL-EL

Last edited:
Strange Miss Philippine won the Miss Universe 2018 title, she is a Half Filippino and Half Australian.

Where our own Miss Australia placed 11 (Co-incidentally also a mixed race woman, a Chinese Australian), maybe we should have Ms Gray compete in Miss Australia, that way we would have won the title...

Good on her, and Australia for such a small country (population wise) continues to produce intelligent, beautiful people.

She is very pretty. But, a pretty face doesn't mean a good person. God knows I've experienced this on multiple occasions. :lol:

Being born with something such as beauty is not an achievement. That's why I find beauty competitions to be superficial in general.

But then again, maybe I just wrote what I did out of spite because I am ugly. :lol:

Good on her, and Australia for such a small country (population wise) continues to produce intelligent, beautiful people.

Well, I don't know about Ms Gray, but rumour have that ours own Francesca Hung didn't make it to top 10 is because she and a few "diss" fellow contestant and was caught in a video, something about English level of other contestant.

We should have her as Miss Australia, not Ms Hung.

She is very pretty. But, a pretty face doesn't mean a good person. God knows I've experienced this on multiple occasions. :lol:

Being born with something such as beauty is not an achievement. That's why I find beauty competitions to be superficial in general.

But then again, maybe I just wrote what I did out of spite because I am ugly. :lol:

Think that's very objective, I mean different person have different taste, some like it hot, some like it more as a companion, I like to be able to talk to my wife in a level we both understand, she is a lot more intelligent than me tho, but we both enjoy discussing stuff and keep it in a level we both understand, that's what I look for. I don't care about being beautiful or not.

This means,we'll never fight over a woman,different tastes.

lol......if we both loves women, that mean we have the same taste lol.....

But well, since I am married, so you and I would probably never going to fight over women...

Women of the mongoloid race don't really do it for me.

The exceptions being the Japanese. They seem to be built and wired differently.

Cheers, Dic

Strange Miss Philippine won the Miss Universe 2018 title, she is a Half Filippino and Half Australian.

Where our own Miss Australia placed 11 (Co-incidentally also a mixed race woman, a Chinese Australian), maybe we should have Ms Gray compete in Miss Australia, that way we would have won the title...

Wait a minutes, how can a Miss Philippine represent Australia? What is her nationality? Philippine or Australian?

Wait a minutes, how can a Miss Philippine represent Australia? What is her nationality? Philippine or Australian?

she's a dual citizen, her dad is Australian, her mom is Filippino.

It's the same as the current Miss Australia - Francesca Hung, dad is Malay-Chinese, mom Australian.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom