What's new

Jurassic world-Pakisaurus controversy!!!

Levina

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
********No trolling pls*********

Jurassic World' was not being racist – there really is a dinosaur named Pakisaurus

"The Pachys are out of containment," goes a line from Jurassic World, the summer blockbuster that has scored the biggest weekend box office opening in history. Yes, you read that right, they said "Pakis”. And not everyone is happy about it. "I was shocked, bro," says Guzzy Bear, a British comedian in the YouTube clip uploaded to his channel on Monday. "Apparently there's a dinosaur called Pakisaurus."

Unbelievable, it's broken my childhood memories!" he continues. "It got to the end of the film and I said quite loudly, so everybody could hear me, 'There ain't no such thing as a Pakisaurus'. The old man over here, as we're walking out of the cinema, pulls out his phone and says, 'I've just Googled it, have a look.' And he's not even lying!"

Turns out, there is actually a Pakisaurus, named after a dinosaur found in Balochistan, with the scientific name being Pakisaurus balochistani. It's a sauropod, think of something like the massive Brontosaurus or Brachiosaurus, described by MS Malkani in 2006, although it's still not very well known.

In the movie, however, the actors are referring to Pachycephalosaurus, a completely different species that looks nothing like the Pakisaurus or, for that matter, any geographical connection with Pakistan since they were primarily found in North America. In the movie, the dinosaurs' names have been shortened to “pachys” – slang that sounds far too much like a particular British pejorative aimed at people from Pakistan, which is what prompted Guzzy Bear's outburst.

@Armstrong you lil Pakisaurus are you ready to fight an Indianasaurus???
you guessed it right, that's me ...Levinasaurus :angel:
I watched the movie yesterday and it's awesome. :)

Last edited:
********No trolling pls*********

This arrogant comedian guy got it so wrong....

Jurassic World' was not being racist – there really is a dinosaur named Pakisaurus

"The Pachys are out of containment," goes a line from Jurassic World, the summer blockbuster that has scored the biggest weekend box office opening in history. Yes, you read that right, they said "Pakis”. And not everyone is happy about it. "I was shocked, bro," says Guzzy Bear, a British comedian in the YouTube clip uploaded to his channel on Monday. "Apparently there's a dinosaur called Pakisaurus."

Unbelievable, it's broken my childhood memories!" he continues. "It got to the end of the film and I said quite loudly, so everybody could hear me, 'There ain't no such thing as a Pakisaurus'. The old man over here, as we're walking out of the cinema, pulls out his phone and says, 'I've just Googled it, have a look.' And he's not even lying!"

Turns out, there is actually a Pakisaurus, named after a dinosaur found in Balochistan, with the scientific name being Pakisaurus balochistani. It's a sauropod, think of something like the massive Brontosaurus or Brachiosaurus, described by MS Malkani in 2006, although it's still not very well known.

In the movie, however, the actors are referring to Pachycephalosaurus, a completely different species that looks nothing like the Pakisaurus or, for that matter, any geographical connection with Pakistan since they were primarily found in North America. In the movie, the dinosaurs' names have been shortened to “pachys” – slang that sounds far too much like a particular British pejorative aimed at people from Pakistan, which is what prompted Guzzy Bear's outburst.

@Armstrong you lil Pakisaurus are you ready to fight an Indianasaurus???
you guessed it right, that's me ...Levinasaurus :angel:

I saw the Jurassic World about a week ago...I must've zoned out during the movie 'cause I don't remember a Pakisaurus ! :undecided:

And Levinasaurus :-

fat-dinosaur-mara-morea[1].jpg

:lol:

I actually watched Jurassic world and was a bit offended at that part

Back
Top Bottom