What's new

Junior's Cafe

'Senior member' should be a title given to sane members.

Bro why you want to snatch my senior tag if there is any poling believe me Indian will not let you people to give me even senior tag :D

It may come as a shock but you're more than sane enough to earn it WAJsal's way , bro!
At the very least by comparison with most of the rest of the endemic fauna ... :whistle:

;) Tay.

Then pity us in the West where there are entire TV channels dedicated to transmitting
live broadcasts ( if a half attendance of old geezers sleeping in Senate can be called live ) of our po-liticians bickering over the fine points of laws designed to fleece the citizens further with!

:lol:

Senior member should be a title like 'Think Tank', many Senior members are an insult to the title, along with some Elite Members. 'Senior member' should be a title given to sane members. I know some good members who do not have the Senior tag. A lot of trolling in Senior section too.
@WebMaster , thoughts?
Maybe you should change the system,any troll can become an Elite member with 8000 posts,this way,the name is not worth anything.

Last edited:
Maybe you should change the system,any troll can become an Elite member with 8000 posts.this way,the name is not worth anything.
I have put forward same recommendations.
It may come as a shock but you're more than sane enough to earn it WAJsal's way , bro!
Depends on whom you are asking, some consider me an insane member.:o:
regards

Bye Bye my Senior Tag will miss u...:agree:

For Real in my eyes you don´t deserve it after im seeing this:

Mexican-Special-Forces-610x376.jpg

World's best Special-Forces...

This Thread was just opened in 2016..... Mexico and Turkey are even not on the same Continent !

Depends on whom you are asking, some consider me an insane member.:o:
regards

LOL I was talking about Maarkhoor, my friend but as long as you mention it,
your own good judgment not being a problem, I'd warrant caution on your idea
of mods awarding or taking away titles.
First it's additional job and just for that the functions might be better off apart but
it also raises the spectre of rash and unjust decisions and subsequent whining.

Slav Defence is doing a fine job IMHoO and can be backed by an ad hoc committee
of Webbie, Horus etc and Waz and you etc. But the Mods should be tasked only with
moderation. I've done the job myself elsewhere and it's a full time one.

The whole problem here is one of nomenclature : Senior as in old in posts on forum;
Elite as older yet and so on. This doubles up on the rank system and we thus have
two designation sets for a single reality. Then comes the impression for some that
these are equivalent to titles when in fact they are not. The two ( title and seniority )
are different and must be kept separate.

As for what Salik was asking for, there is it seems to me a much simpler solution.
Do we want a café for sane members to chat away from the noise of trolls foraging?
If so, I respectfully suggest that it be based on the ratio of positive to negative ratings.

That way if we ask for 3 to 1 ratio, a member with any positives and 0 negs would be in,
so would a member with 30 + and 8 - or 200 + and less than 67 -.
Interestingly though, if the first case garnered even 1 negative he/she would be barred
until such time as they earn at least 2 positives if starting from the original one!
So would the second case with 3 more negs and the last with a single one again. But
for those with higher counts, the correction of entry status would come quicker, a sort
of droit d'ainesse.
And if that could be automatized, no one would have to work any harder and the com-
plaining about it kept to the discussion on how these ratings are awarded which is an
on-going grievance unlikely to disappear in any case?

Just a suggestion, Tay.

P.S. And if the 1.xx.0 of a newbie is too little like the doctor, just start at 3.xx.0

P.S.S. It would also be both an incentive to avoid the negatives and one to earn positives.

I thought you know Pashto, however.... it means....

You will learn it.....all you need to do is pay attention...... it is not that hard (to learn Pashto)..... :-)
Tey Pashto wailey shy...mata laga wadaira wailey shy...

@Taygibay suggestions are good even if they keep people like me out of any serious discussions. I don't mind. But from what I have noticed negative ratings have become kind of battle scars here. The more you have the more battle hardened you appear. Just my observation.

Back
Top Bottom