What's new

Juhu rave party: IPL cricketers Rahul Sharma & Wayne Parnell test positive

ajtr

BANNED
Reaction score
Juhu rave party: IPL cricketers Rahul Sharma and Wayne Parnell test positive
Rahul_sharma_parnell_295.jpg

Mumbai: IPL cricketers Rahul Sharma and Wayne Parnell have tested positive for drugs at a rave party held in Mumbai's suburban Juhu on May 20. They are among the 100-odd people who were detained by the Mumbai Police.

Earlier, Parnell had claimed that he and fellow Pune Warriors teammate Rahul Sharma were innocent and that they were "at the wrong place at the wrong time" after the duo were detained during a raid on a rave party in suburban Juhu.

Although Parnell admitted that both the players were present at the party in the Oakwood Premier Hotel, they said they were unaware of any drugs being supplied there.

"We weren't aware of any drugs there or any rave party. It is unfortunate we were there. But at the end of the day, it was just a simple case of being at a wrong place at the wrong time," Mr Parnell had said.

His Pune Warriors team mate and India spinner, Rahul Sharma had said, "I am sure my results won't be positive.If tests are positive, I'll quit cricket."

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has refused to comment on the latest development. Earlier in May, Indian Premier League (IPL) had refused to comment or act till the results of the investigation are out. Sharma and Parnell served out their IPL contracts with the Pune franchise in the 2012 edition of the tournament.

Apart from the cricketers, TV actor Apurva Agnihotri, fashion designer Rocky S and former cricketer Bishan Singh Bedi's son have also tested positive.

Out of the 44, who tested positive, 27 had consumed cannabis, one had MDMA (better known as 'Ecstasy', a drug usually taken in a pill form), while 16 had consumed MDMA as well as cannabis.

The two people who tested negative for the drugs were identified as Amrit Sagar, grandson of Ramanand Sagar, director of television serial 'Ramayan' and Rahul Sughand.

During the raid, the police had also seized 110 grams of cocaine and MDMA from the hotel.

Back
Top Bottom