What's new

Jordanian Christian kills daughter for converting to Islam

BLACKEAGLE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Jordan
ajloun-church.jpg

The woman was killed by her father on Wednesday a short time after she converted to Islam when she attended a lecture by prominent Saudi preacher Mohamed al-Arefe at the Jordanian University in Amman.
World Bulletin / News Desk

Scores of Jordanians on Thursday tried to break into a church in the northern Ajloun province in protest against the reported killing of a local girl by her Christian father on the background of her recent conversion to Islam, a Jordanian security source said.

"Some residents of Al-Wahadinah village besieged and tried to storm into the church, a short time after some youth attempted to burn it down before security forces intervened," the security source told Anadolu Agency on condition of anonymity.

He added that the woman was killed by her father on Wednesday a short time after she converted to Islam when she attended a lecture by prominent Saudi preacher Mohamed al-Arefe at the Jordanian University in the capital Amman.

"He hit her with a stone on the head," the security source said of the woman. "She died immediately," he added.

The protesters, who gathered outside an administrative province building before they headed to the church on Thursday, called for burying the slain woman in a cemetery designated for Muslims.

Jordanian authorities have not commented on the accident yet.

Christians make up 2.2 percent of Jordan's eight million population, according to a 2014 census.

Jordanian Christian kills daughter for converting to Islam | Muslim World | Worldbulletin News

Do Christians in Jordan really only make up 2.2% of the population nowadays? That's not much.

I did not expect this to happen in a country like Jordan.

Shameful action. Hopefully the perpetrator will be punished and this news should not make Muslims and Christians hostile to each other since Arab Muslims and Christians have coexisted for 1400 years.

Poor girl.

Do Christians in Jordan really only make up 2.2% of the population nowadays? That's not much.

I did not expect this to happen in a country like Jordan.

Shameful action. Hopefully the perpetrator will be punished and this news should not make Muslims and Christians hostile to each other since Arab Muslims and Christians have coexisted for 1400 years.

Poor girl.
Christians in Jordan are the nicest you could meet, but this incident is really outrageous, noting that this is not the first time this happens. Christians can't convert because their lives would be threatened by their fellow brotherns. The woman was severely tortured to death. The more outrageous thing is Christians' comments on this were apologetic, some of them attacked Saudi clerics for breaching to Islam.

No they are about 7% of total population.

Christians in Jordan are the nicest you could meet, but this incident is really outrageous, noting that this is not the first time this happens. Christians can't convert because their lives would be threatened by their fellow brotherns. The woman was severely tortured to death. The more outrageous thing is Christians' comments on this were apologetic, some of them attacked Saudi clerics for breaching to Islam.

No they are about 7% of total population.
Well, exactly. I have mostly only good things to say about Christian Arabs and having Christians in my family as well I always prefer to see Muslims and Christians living in peace especially Arabs obviously.

I am shocked to hear about this. Never knew that this was so bad for Christian converts.

Well, this is unacceptable. I just don't hope that the Muslims will seek revenge on innocent Christians. Punishing this senseless murderer of a "father" and then doing something to stop this from occurring in the future would be the best thing.

Unfortuantely you sometimes see similar events in the Muslim world when Muslims want to convert to other religions or renounce their faith although this is thankfully rare.

Yes, I thought that the percentage was very wrong.

Back
Top Bottom