What's new

Jordan to buy 15 Dutch F-16

I thought she would be picked. Better luck next time.

Pakistan_Air_Force_Pakistan_JF-17_Thunder_Bidini-1.jpg
They should get them too F-16 with few squadrons of JF-17 BLOCK II will make Jordan a really good Air Force

They should get them too F-16 with few squadrons of JF-17 BLOCK II will make Jordan a really good Air Force

They could have ordered to reduce the ineffective older F-5s but maybe they don't have the option from Pakistan unlike US EDA.

I believe these F-16s are the replacement of F-1 Mirages that are in storage as grounded.

I have a concern, why used? And why the F-16? Yes, it's cheaper, but surely the Jordanians have enough money for more advanced platforms such as Eurofighters or even the Rafales. It strikes me as odd that they would get this particular platform, especially if it's a block 15 as @kalu_miah is suggesting. It's a really surprising purchase.

If the Saudi National Guard builds their own Air Force, the JF-17 will be at the top of my list.

The only reason why the Saudis (or any Arab force) would even consider buying the Jf-17 is for the BVR, otherwise, they have more than enough money to buy better fighters. Even with BVR, they'll only consider it if block II or block III rolls out.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Jordan is suffering from a huge economic crisis due to the over-flood of refugees from Syria :cray:
I have a concern, why used? And why the F-16? Yes, it's cheaper, but surely the Jordanians have enough money for more advanced platforms such as Eurofighters or even the Rafales. It strikes me as odd that they would get this particular platform, especially if it's a block 15 as @kalu_miah is suggesting. It's a really surprising purchase.

The only reason why the Saudis (or any Arab force) would even consider buying the Jf-17 is for the BVR, otherwise, they have more than enough money to buy better fighters. Even with BVR, they'll only consider it if block II or block III rolls out.

The JF-17 is considerably known as the lightest fighter jet of its class. This is why I support purchasing it.

If the Saudi National Guard builds their own Air Force, the JF-17 will be at the top of my list.

There is always a room for such a low cost platform, many US F-16s will not be withdrawn until next 2 decades and will effectively serve with US Air National Guard and stationed in Europe. I remember clinton admn refusing to sell 100 F-16s to Saudi Arabia because of israel and some other problems.

Should KSA raise the Marine Squadron?

No, Jordan is suffering from a huge economic crisis due to the over-flood of refugees from Syria :cray:

The JF-17 is considerably known as the lightest fighter jet of its class. This is why I support purchasing it.

Ah, right.

I wish the SANG will do it sooner than later.
There is always a room for such a low cost platform, many US F-16s will not be withdrawn until next 2 decades and will effectively serve with US Air National Guard and stationed in Europe. I remember clinton admn refusing to sell 100 F-16s to Saudi Arabia because of israel and some other problems.

Yes, we wanted Block 60 Desert Falcon - similar to the UAE's - but the Clinton administration proposed block 40.

Ah, right.

Their economy was recovering but when the refugees came in things had changed.

Still, I would support phrasing the JF-17 over these F-16s

I wish the SANG will do it sooner than later.

Yes, we wanted Block 60 Desert Falcon - similar to the UAE's - but the Clinton administration proposed block 40.

Would you believe if I tell you RSAF was first to propose advance F-16 variant because Blk 60 contract was signed in 2000 and discussed in 1998 between US/U.A.E [March 5, 2000Officials of the UAE and Lockheed Martin announce contractual agreements for 80 F-16 E/F aircraft].

That is why RSAF should have ordered limited number of F-35s along with around 54 F-15SA and current upgrades to inventory rather than purchasing 84 Enhanced Strike Eagles.

Their economy was recovering but when the refugees came in things had changed.

Still, I would support phrasing the JF-17 over these F-16s

Yeah, refugees can do that to the economy, Pakistan knows this all to well.

Probably because they need those Airplanes now.

New airplanes take time to be manufactured.If they get approval for block 60 from US, it would take at least 2-3 years for complete delivery unless USAF delivers planes from it's inventory that are relatively unused.Older blocks would take even more time.

As the condition today is, if GCC decide to intervene in Syria even chances of that happening are less, Jordan would be the frontline state.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom