What's new

Join the Directorate General of Inter Services Intelligence (ISI)

Assalaam o alikum
I want to join ISI as a civilian person, please give me guidance on how to apply
بشری صدیق

Everything below is publicly-available.

Please refer to existing posts within this thread before posting.

The intake for civilians is through the position of Assistant Director (Grade 17.)
The Ministry of Defence advertises these (usually once every two years) as AD Ministry of Defence. Positions were advertised last year --- and I haven't seen any this year, so the next intake will likely be next summer (2021). There is a general route for aspiring officers and a separate one for technical/IT/cyber people.

You have to be under 35 years old and have to hold a master's degree.

The National Testing Service (NTS) handles the initial examinations and then forwards the lists of shortlisted candidates to the ISI. The position and intake was also publicly posted on the NTS website last year and I'm sure it will be next year.

Once selected and security cleared, the lucky few are put through the ISI School where they are taught tradecraft and all the other "dark arts." Some call this the "Academy." Once they successfully complete that, they are posted on probation and are now fully-fledged officers of the ISI who can rise to the maximum rank (Gen equivalent.)

Good luck!

More info below by another poster:

For civilians, recruitment is advertised and is jointly handled by the Federal Public Services Commission (FPSC) and civilian ISI agents are considered employees of the Ministry of Defense. The FPSC conducts various examinations testing the candidates knowledge of current affairs, English and various analytical abilities. Based on the results, the FPSC shortlists the candidates and sends the list to the ISI which then, conducts the initial background checks. The selected candidates are then invited for an interview which is conducted by a joint committee comprising both ISI and FPSC officials.​
Those candidates who pass the interview, then have to go through rigorous fitness, medical and psychological evaluations. Once the candidate clears these evaluations, the ISI performs a very thorough background check on the candidate before being offered to join the ISI. Security clearance is granted once the candidate accepts the offer. Recruited agents then go to the Inter-Services Intelligence School for basic training following which, they are employed on an initial one year probationary period.​

Back
Top Bottom