What's new

Joginder Nath Mandal, first Chairman of the Constituent Assembly of Pakistan

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1947: Joginder Nath Mandal, first Chairman of the Constituent Assembly of Pakistan addresses the house.

11205065_2125880430770357_1879850794983013891_n.jpg

This was the true Pakistan and the vision for a new independent country, where everyone is equal, regardless of cast n creed, but now a days everyone in Pakistan hates each other’s religion, views and believes, this is truly a slap on Quid, s dream.

1947: Joginder Nath Mandal, first Chairman of the Constituent Assembly of Pakistan addresses the house.

This was the true Pakistan and the vision for a new independent country, where everyone is equal, regardless of cast n creed, but now a days everyone in Pakistan hates each other’s religion, views and believes, this is truly a slap on Quid, s dream.

very soon he realised he was a misfit as a hindu in a muslim country . soon he was out of the scene , another minority was sir jafarullah khan who was not liked by his cabinet colleagues .

Mind you he was a Dalit Hindu who was considered an untouchable in India. Jinnah envisaged a country where such bigotry had no place. While people can debate about a secular or a modern muslim state, the fact remains that Jinnah considered Hindus, Sikhs, Ahmadis and everyone else as Pakistanis. Unfortunate for Pakistan that after Jinnah no ruler could stick to his ideas.

As a Pakistani i am embarrassed at what happened after Jinnah.

There was no such person called 'Joginder' Nath Mandal, other than to arrogant people who couldn't be bothered to follow the correct way to name that individual.

These are the things that irk Bangalis. It bothers some of us a little, it bothers some of us a lot, in its full-fledged display of arrogance and certainty that someone else's ways of doing things are good enough for SDREs.

You might have completed the story.

Poor chap had to die in obscurity in India after he faced reality.

Mind you he was a Dalit Hindu who was considered an untouchable in India.

Why did you start your para with this?

Is there something that speaks for all Indians on this matter? Back then and now?

The state of India doesn't consider anyone "untouchable" or to be discriminated on similar grounds.

We hold ideals and our imperfections in larger society for those ideals are there to see and discuss....but you cannot reasonably speak for a whole nation at any snapshot in time on the determination of such things.

After all, he returned to India too....disillusioned with prejudice he found among Pakistan leaders at the time to his faith/identity. Does that mean the entirety of Pakistan was or is like that? You yourself are an example it is not.

Why did you start your para with this?

Is there something that speaks for all Indians on this matter? Back then and now?

The state of India doesn't consider anyone "untouchable" or to be discriminated on similar grounds.

We hold ideals and our imperfections in larger society for those ideals are there to see and discuss....but you cannot reasonably speak for a whole nation at any snapshot in time on the determination of such things.

After all, he returned to India too....disillusioned with prejudice he found among Pakistan leaders at the time to his faith/identity. Does that mean the entirety of Pakistan was or is like that? You yourself are an example it is not.
Sir, i did not mean any offense to anyone neither i was trying to paint India with one brush. Pardon me for my poor choice of words.
What i meant was the prejudice found among masses against Dalit people. This is another painful story that he was rejected by my people later on and he went back to India. Again i am sorry if i hurt you with my words.

Sir, i did not mean any offense to anyone neither i was trying to paint India with one brush. Pardon me for my poor choice of words.
What i meant was the prejudice found among masses against Dalit people. This is another painful story that he was rejected by my people later on and he went back to India. Again i am sorry if i hurt you with my words.

Some people seek reasons to be upset and find fault, completely missing the main point of what OP has shared.

You cannot help such people.

No my friend, no hurt involved. Merely clarifying the larger issue I had with it.

There are great movements within my religion (over great timeframes) that seek to bring all faithful on equal footing with no discrimination....that well predate formation of the modern political entity that is India.

In fact there is a basic core genesis of it in earliest times even that has been shrouded or ignored by later religious and cultural developments acting by what I see as human counterforce, imperfect interpretation (by logical inevitability of smriti) and cultural dogma then sealed by that.

This is all very different regionally too...given "Hindu" is in origin a geographic term lumping together a great number of things....sometimes even in total contrast with each other. To use another setting, the Celts of Gaul were quite different to the Celts of Dacia for example....but to the Romans who named them "Celticae" they were all Celts with their religion and culture (that was different to the Greek influenced one the Romans had at the time).

Discriminations (in real world) of all varying types and shapes are found even among cultures with religions that more directly (and in written times rather than pre-writing times) encapsulated spiritual equality of all living souls from the onset.

This is why there is the ideal and there is the striving in reality to meet the ideal. But there is no perfection among us humans...our lives are finite...and perfection lies in that which is the infinite and eternal (however you grasp and arrange that in your conscience and faith)....that is the whole point in the end.

Mind you he was a Dalit Hindu who was considered an untouchable in India. Jinnah envisaged a country where such bigotry had no place. While people can debate about a secular or a modern muslim state, the fact remains that Jinnah considered Hindus, Sikhs, Ahmadis and everyone else as Pakistanis. Unfortunate for Pakistan that after Jinnah no ruler could stick to his ideas.

As a Pakistani i am embarrassed at what happened after Jinnah.

He left due to the aftermath of the partition violence begun by India and the partition of Bengal. He also had some political differences with Khwaja Nazimuddin and Nurul Amin.

Back
Top Bottom