What's new

JH7B As Buddy Refueller:----

Well I could be wrong but a OBOG restriction of 3 hours means, the pilot only has 3hrs of Oxygen, or he flies below 10,000ft. SO a loiter time of 3hrs might not necessarily hold true, it could be less than that, you have to take into account transit time to station as well.

Hi,

Well---looking at the size of the aircraft and performance---I think that when loaded for combat---either strike or air superiority----it can fly around for an hour. Because if not 1/2 then 1/3rd of the fuel will be burnt on take off and reaching 30K ft altitude.

The best thing is---like the U S navy does----load it up with maximum weapons and minimal fuel---launch it and once in air---refuel it----. Now this compete changes the ability to fly around.

The minus 15 / 20 minutes off 3 hours times is with refueling on combat missions.

The issue now is that having large refuellers fuelling up these aircraft 150 miles from the border is a tough call. That is the reason----you would need buddy refueling----a growler type aircraft tat can fuel you as well as give you electronic protection---which bvr capable on its own as well.

Buddy refueling is basically a force multiplier---because the large refuelers would be either taken out within the first 72 if not 48 hours of the war----or they will be flying deeper over Baluchistan---and that does not help the picture----.

You closer to the border airfields will be neutralized very quick----you would rather want to fly from farther away---refuel in air at a safe distance and be available

The heavy fighter bomber type fill the need very well----refueling can still be carried on right till the end.

As for the J16---I really don't think that it brings anything major to the arena over the JH7B-----. You really don't need to equip them with aesa---you can have all of them with a Aesaradar----and as long they can talk to each other and the job can be managed very well---over all the spectrums of the battle from the air except for close combat---air superiority.

And that also can be worked out ---if you can get Off Bore Sight missile launch capability along with the SD10 and the futuristic PL15.

And even if the J16 is picked over the SU35----they still need buddy refueling-----. The magic number for the strike mission is the ability to fly 1000 miles one way.

Back
Top Bottom