What's new

JH-7B STEALTH STRIKE FIGHTER (new development)

Keeping them tight secrets and releasing them sporadically on amateur defence forums? That is no way to inspire confidence, if that is what they hope to achieve.

What "amateur defence forums"?

I don't read forums.

These are copied from defense articles.

BTW, the first J-10B photos were released on your so-called "forums". Is that fake, too?

What "amateur defence forums"?

I don't read forums.

These are copied from defense articles.

BTW, the first J-10B photos were released on your so-called "forums". Is that fake, too?

Of course the J-10B photos are real. However your comparison of J-10 A/B with the JH-7B and a dozen stealth flanker variants does not stand for the simple reason that the J-10 A/B were only two plane variants. How much money/efforts are needed to develop stealth J-11s A-Z? Not very likely given the modest increase in the PLAAF budget last year.

So far the only officially proved stealth project is the JXX in 611 insititute Chendu.This is some fan boys dream.Plus Xian is busy on Y20 heavy transporter project,I doubt if they have additional energy to work on JH7.

J-XX is many programs:
- J-13
- J-14

Aside from the J-XX, there are smaller programs to upgrade previous fighters. This is not a lot of work at all:
- JH-7B
- J-11D/E
- YFC-1E
- J-10C

As for the Y-20, the prototype is to be released in 2010. First flight will be in 2012. There is also a rumor (yes, I'll use "rumor" for this project) that there's an airborne-laser variant under development for the Y-20.

Let me tell you a story.

In 1998, the J-10A made its first flight. At that time, people thought that China was decades away from achieving such level of technology.

In 2003, the J-10A entered active service, yet the government didn't release it. People always thought that the J-8 was China's best fighter at that time. All "supposed" photos of the J-10A were labeled as "fakes". J-10A was just a "wet dream", says netizens.

In 2006, the J-10A was declassified. Analysts around the world expressed shock because they didn't expect that China has such technology to build the J-10A. Within minutes, the internet was buzzing about the news of the J-10A.

The JH-7B is in the same position as the J-10A was in 1998.

Hey just stop OK?

JH-7 development has been officially stopped for long time

the 8th batch is last batch. And XAC is working on something else.

J-XX is many programs:
- J-13
- J-14

Aside from the J-XX, there are smaller programs to upgrade previous fighters. This is not a lot of work at all:
- JH-7B
- J-11D/E
- YFC-1E
- J-10C

As for the Y-20, the prototype is to be released in 2010. First flight will be in 2012. There is also a rumor (yes, I'll use "rumor" for this project) that there's an airborne-laser variant under development for the Y-20.

All I am saying is that not every rumor can be true. For every rumor about the next new PLA hardware proven true there are at least 10 that are proven to be false.

J-XX is many programs:
- J-13
- J-14

- JH-7B
- J-11D/E
- YFC-1E
- J-10C

Do you have any idea what you talking about?

J-13?? j-13 JUST declassified, go to grab a magzine and read. J-13 is base on Mig-23 in 1970s

J-XX is NOT many program, it is the only 4th generation program. And the project number is NOT released.

JH-7B/J-10C? holy ****!! J-8ZZ is a better joke.

Hey guys, SinoSoldier has no idea about what happening, he is just a rumour pumper or dumper, plz ignore him.

I hope we get few squardons of this bomb truck JH7B.

ZT15.JPG

Beutiful beast

JH-7B is the newest variant of the JH-7A. It is a stealthy variant with WS-12B engines, internal weapons bay, AESA radar, DSI intakes, and much more. First flight was achieved in 2009.

I am sorry to disappoint you, but looking at the picture here and on some other forums, I can assure you, there is nothing "Stealthy" about the JH-7B. There are airframes that are not stealth optimized, no matter how much RAM quoting and smooth edging you do.

I can agree that you can reduce the RCS from 10m2 to 7m2 or something like that. But this jet will light up the radar screen shortly after it comes under any modern radar's detection range. Add missiles to this, and you'll have a RCS bigger than, or equal to the SU-30.

I'd be lying if you saw a post of mine saying that they are turning the -15 or -18 (older airframes) into Stealthy ones!!!

Back
Top Bottom