What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
People forget the purpose of JFT. I dont think we will have a powerful enough engine for the fighter even if the structural changes could be brought about.
Araz

Navy-visits-kamra.jpg
Naval Aviation visits Kamra. note the Block-II JFT in the background.

Two JF-17s are being used as test beds for in-flight-refueling probes. The flight trials with IL-78tanker are scheduled in the first half of 2015 ??

I think he is refering to something that is visible above the nose cone. But i think that is something behind aircraft.

That is no refuelling probe, it is just the top edge of the "start cart", engine+ aircraft startup system visible in the background. In other words, its just the top of the truck cabin that holds this system.

@Oscar @MastanKhan @Manticore

seriously this paint job looks ugly don't know why they are eager to show it every where. We know its Pakistan made and foreigners don't care about the origins so why not put on some good looking official color scheme used in airforce.

I agree. I don't know what's up with the paint job, it doesn't make this jet look nice. I think they should keep one copy in this paint scheme to be flown on Pakistan's independence day, etc. But I wouldn't take it outside to international shows as marketing requires excellent presentation (and very effective color schemes). There are so many different patterns to chose from, when taking the JFT to international shows. I like the following link where you can pretty much see all paint schemes used for the -16

F-16 Photographs photos | F-16.net

This puppy needs to become a reality. IMO, this should be a standard Block III, and all upgrades, etc, should then be baselines going forward on a Stealthy block III version. Such a venture will eventually allow Pakistan to have home-built / assembling capability for Stealthy JFT's, enough for its own needs, resulting in saving billions in foreign reserves and expenses, and in creating extremely modern 5th generation jet assembly / modification platform. This will set a stone for future advancements locally with regards to 5th gen technologies. Very, very critical indeed for local tech and jet manufacturing capabilities to have a Stealthy jet assembly, built and upgrades as a JV with the Chinese.

Reactions: HRK
As far as i think JF17 is to replace very old jets with a home grown platform which we are totally independent to use, upgrade or learn. Why we should go for 'stealth' versions or over upgrades? We should use that money for other assets or projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom