What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
the us will not embargo Pakistan, bae systems is own by share holders link below of major holders. i think buying about a minimum of 18 f16block 60+ should be a stop gap. and this deal will be more viable as they will be based the same base were the paf blk 52 are kept . this base is home to lockheed personel who maintain the jets and train crew.
at first i thought the j10b is not going to happen. but now that i think about it again it does seem to be a really good option.

buying jets from saab will not be a problem. the only thing i can see to be a problem is them ignoring you as they are lobbying india to buy the gripen. as india is preparing to launch a 90 plane tender, the same will apply for bae systems.

my conclusion go for the f16 block 60+ and buy second hand f16 or go for the j10b

View attachment 243767 View attachment 243768

bae systems major share holders: BAE Systems PLC (LSE:BA.) -Major Shareholders | Forecasts & Deals | Company Search | Simply Stockbrokers

I don't Think USA will sell F-16 Block 60's to Pakistan... Not gonna happen....

Collaboration with Selex for AESA is on the cards, for the JF-17, as mentioned by the program director in one of the last AFM articles.
It makes sense to have a system designed and tailored that can retrofit your BLK I and IIs, unless their useful life is less than 10 years.

I just hope, that PAF can get one BVR and one WVR missile from Europe.....will make it a killer.

It will be very Tough to Get it !
Because with it, They also have to get the Source code for Weapon Integration.
But if some how they Managed to get it !
It will be Perfect for JF-17 Thunder.

Chinese version for
sniper pod xp AUEODS
suitable for jf-17 block2
01.jpg

I don't Think USA will sell F-16 Block 60's to Pakistan... Not gonna happen....
if you wind the clock back a few years ago when pakistan needed to replace the cobras with the vipers. the deal was slow and was impossible , but when Pakistan went to other markets, turkey with the t129, russia with the mil 35 and china with the z10. this move cut of the US need for the choppers. they then blocked the turkish deal by refusing to export the engines. the mil35 deal is in progress ans the z10 deal is on it way. this mean the Us had to be involved so it was not missing out and gave a deal to good to be refused.

now if you take what i said in the first paragraph and implement it on to the a jet prppasal it may work out.
request to but f16 blk60+ with out us money, this alone may result in a deal providing us contractors maintain the jets,
or if that dont work evaluate the eft, gripen and the j10b, and start negotiations, this may trigger the US in to selling the jets to Pakistan.

if this fails, then it the us losing out as they lose a customer and Pakistan politicians can say the US is preventing them fighting militants.

remember, when Pakistan wanted the f16blk52 the first responce was no due to chinese may eventually reverse engineer them. pakistan gave the solution of, the jet being stored on a base with no Chinese personnel on them and us contractors on site. this paragraph is irrelevant but it shows Pakistani dedication if it wants something badly.

if you wind the clock back a few years ago when pakistan needed to replace the cobras with the vipers. the deal was slow and was impossible , but when Pakistan went to other markets, turkey with the t129, russia with the mil 35 and china with the z10. this move cut of the US need for the choppers. they then blocked the turkish deal by refusing to export the engines. the mil35 deal is in progress ans the z10 deal is on it way. this mean the Us had to be involved so it was not missing out and gave a deal to good to be refused.

now if you take what i said in the first paragraph and implement it on to the a jet prppasal it may work out.
request to but f16 blk60+ with out us money, this alone may result in a deal providing us contractors maintain the jets,
or if that dont work evaluate the eft, gripen and the j10b, and start negotiations, this may trigger the US in to selling the jets to Pakistan.

if this fails, then it the us losing out as they lose a customer and Pakistan politicians can say the US is preventing them fighting militants.

remember, when Pakistan wanted the f16blk52 the first responce was no due to chinese may eventually reverse engineer them. pakistan gave the solution of, the jet being stored on a base with no Chinese personnel on them and us contractors on site. this paragraph is irrelevant but it shows Pakistani dedication if it wants something badly.

I think Pakistan should Request for F-16 Block 60 as well as F-18 Hornets. If US agrees to sell either one of them it will be good ! If US agrees to sell both, Its a Win Win Situation and they should go forward with F-18s. As Many F-18 Customers will be sooner Retiring their F-18s fleet so surplus F-18s will be available in Market. We can go for same New and Old-Used (Upgraded) Combo as we are doing in case of F-16 MLU and F-16 Block 52+ .
If US disagree on both, then J-11D or Su-35 should be the choice. . .

The JF-17's air superiority capabilities are limited as a result of its range and its payload. But the radar, avionics and ECM/EW aren't necessarily tied to the small airframe, the PAF can (in Block-III or beyond) upgrade them to carry the very same class of systems seen on a more expensive fighter. The real bottleneck is cost, but if it were between getting an entirely other fighter type or raising the JF-17 to its limits, the PAF will opt for the latter.

As for wanting the Su-27 for long-range offensive missions... That's a fundamental shift in doctrine from what the PAF is currently operating on (which is to secure air superiority over Pakistan and maybe the border areas). If it wants to hit far-off targets of value, then it would invest in longer-range ALCM, but there's no thought at the moment for a long-range fighter. I guarantee you that will only happen if and when Pakistan re-orients itself as an expansionary power which has its sights set on grabbing Afghanistan and swaths of India.
Dear Sir,
Pak can't fully rely on it's missile arsenal to attack enemy targets , the Paf shall be compelled to have at least one semi stealth long range fighter bomber from Su family (more chance of Chinese platform). Further if Pak gets J31 same requirement shall be fulfilled. Pak already relying on Mirage IIIs and Vs having short lifespan. As per wiki combat range of J31 is 1,250KM which I believ shall be more than 2000KM once this bird is ready.

Please do consider Indian efforts of getting capable air defense, as it already has S300 SAMs in it's arsenal along with other systems.

the us will not embargo Pakistan, bae systems is own by share holders link below of major holders. i think buying about a minimum of 18 f16block 60+ should be a stop gap. and this deal will be more viable as they will be based the same base were the paf blk 52 are kept . this base is home to lockheed personel who maintain the jets and train crew.
at first i thought the j10b is not going to happen. but now that i think about it again it does seem to be a really good option.

buying jets from saab will not be a problem. the only thing i can see to be a problem is them ignoring you as they are lobbying india to buy the gripen. as india is preparing to launch a 90 plane tender, the same will apply for bae systems.

my conclusion go for the f16 block 60+ and buy second hand f16 or go for the j10b

View attachment 243767 View attachment 243768

bae systems major share holders: BAE Systems PLC (LSE:BA.) -Major Shareholders | Forecasts & Deals | Company Search | Simply Stockbrokers
Hi
I agree with you just like to add that 52+ is our maximum limit .. as for now block 60 with AESA is off limits for us. but so were even ordinary F-16s yet Musharraf managed to get us block 52. . so if the unthinkable happens then block 60s wont be our stop gap but our front line fighters for years to come maybe for many of our life time until chinese 5th generation air crafts reach the reliability and production of J-10 fighters.

looking at the promising future of JF-17 .. I would expect its future blocks to act as a stop gap and provide support to our F-16s (or probable J-10s) just like once F-16s did to American F-15s..

Hi
I agree with you just like to add that 52+ is our maximum limit .. as for now block 60 with AESA is off limits for us. but so were even ordinary F-16s yet Musharraf managed to get us block 52. . so if the unthinkable happens then block 60s wont be our stop gap but our front line fighters for years to come maybe for many of our life time until chinese 5th generation air crafts reach the reliability and production of J-10 fighters.

looking at the promising future of JF-17 .. I would expect its future blocks to act as a stop gap and provide support to our F-16s (or probable J-10s) just like once F-16s did to American F-15s..
f16 blk 60 may seem to be impossible then pakistan should look at introducing the j10b.
the j10b will have tech the same or similar to block3 jf17 with aesa radar, targeting pod, avionics etc.

so if you think about it buying a small yet justifiable number example 48 jets will be a good option as this gives Pakistan the ability to train personnel to use the system that will eventually be used on future jf17 variants. also this is a good idea as the jet is just as or even more capable than the f16 blk52.

I agree we need J-10 B at least and if economy improves massively than also SU-35 or J-11 D in large numbers.

Add in a few kilograms of F-22 and F-35 and Boom! you get a perfect air force!! Kahny mein kya jata ha :P

Anyway, i guess we should keep our shopping spree on DOZENS of other threads, most of which are created by your kind self and leave this for discussion on JF-17. :tup:

No offense, i hope you people will understand what i want to say and why i am saying it. :)
Just to keep this thread on track!

Add in a few kilograms of F-22 and F-35 and Boom! you get a perfect air force!! Kahny mein kya jata ha :P

Anyway, i guess we should keep our shopping spree on DOZENS of other threads, most of which are created by your kind self and leave this for discussion on JF-17. :tup:

No offense, i hope you people will understand what i want to say and why i am saying it. :)
Just to keep this thread on track!
Pakistan is looking for third 4.5 Generation platform that I got it confirmed but what I am confused about it is that some source suggest that J-10 funds are diverted to J-31 so it would be some other platform some other say J-10 B can still be the option but we are looking for at least one other 4.5th Generation platform along with F-16 and JF-17 Thunder. If we get more funds in next two years it can be two more options but at least 3rd 4.5 Generation Fighter would definitely come. I know you are not ready to believe it but that is four sure gonna happen.

Pakistan is looking for third 4.5 Generation platform that I got it confirmed but what I am confused about it is that some source suggest that J-10 funds are diverted to J-31 so it would be some other platform some other say J-10 B can still be the option but we are looking for at least one other 4.5th Generation platform along with F-16 and JF-17 Thunder. If we get more funds in next two years it can be two more options but at least 3rd 4.5 Generation Fighter would definitely come. I know you are not ready to believe it but that is four sure gonna happen.
Either Su-35 or J-10C. However J-16 can be procured in place of Su-35.

Either Su-35 or J-10C. However J-16 can be procured in place of Su-35.
J-16 is not the Chinese answer to SU-35 it is J-11 D. If J-10 C can come soon than J-10 C should be the option other wise SU-35 or J-10 B.

Well lets wait and see. Don't you think it will be appropriate to talk about it when it actually is happening or is just about to happen rather then associating almost anything that flies to PAF? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom