JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wng Cdr Usman Ali and Sqn Ldr Yasir posing for the media teams

CHnaHgpUAAA0r2n.jpg

CHnaHg8UsAEmst4.jpg

CHnaHhRUMAE2TpP.jpg

image-jpg.230129

“What we offer is cutting-edge technology at affordable cost,” he said.

The first customer has ordered “several batches” of Thunders, apparently including the long-awaited tandem-seat trainer version. The prototype is scheduled to fly in December 2016.

Four improved, Block II aircraft have now been accepted by the PAF and the remaining 46 are following at the rate of three per two months.

Mahmood confirms that early work is being undertaken on a Block III configuration, probably to include enhancements to radar, avionics and weapons in conjunction with “chin” stations for sensor- or targeting pods.

Thunder Remains Silent on Export Order | Paris Air Show 2015 content from Aviation Week
Good news about blk 3 and delivery rate of blk 2 :)
also they are not using word "cheap" but are using "affordable" which is positive sign in marketing department ;)

FC-1 #05 prototype picture

needed kindly share if any one have

That's one serious drawback that it can load only one 1000kg bomb or GBU-10.
Gripen A/B loads up to 4 of them and even LCA can load up to two i guess ...
You are correct. But they say 3 stations can handle more than 1000kg. .... ....???

FC-1 #05 prototype picture

needed kindly share if any one have

I'm really not sure you'll find one, Nomi!
The FC-05 never flew as you probably know. It was the second static prototype, equivalent to the 02
for the first version with all changes made for production variant.
IIRC, it went FC-01 beautiful grey version, FC-02 static test bed,
FC-03 with cockpit adaptation, FC-04 modified proto, FC-05 static test bed, FC-06 last proto
and then first of production units.

Unless a Chinese friend has access to rare photos from inside the plant, the image you're looking
for is very likely to be wholly confidential.

I hope I'm wrong and wish you good luck with your search, Tay.

Last edited:
The first customer has ordered “several batches” of Thunders, apparently including the long-awaited tandem-seat trainer version. The prototype is scheduled to fly in December 2016.

Meanwhile, the Pakistan air force (PAF) has equipped two squadrons and a tactics training unit with its first 50 Block I Thunders. Four improved, Block II aircraft have now been accepted by the PAF and the remaining 46 are following at the rate of three per two months. Inflight refueling probes will be installed on the second half of this batch.

Mahmood confirms that early work is being undertaken on a Block III configuration, probably to include enhancements to radar, avionics and weapons in conjunction with “chin” stations for sensor- or targeting pods. He was unable to confirm any connection between this program and the JF-17 weapons integration testbed (numbered 0213) which was built in China late last year.

Will export customers find, like some for U.S. aircraft, that certain high-tech equipment items are denied them? “The Americans are worried that, one day, they might find themselves fighting their own technology somewhere in the world,” explained Mahmood. “We don’t have that problem.”

Thunder Remains Silent on Export Order | Paris Air Show 2015 content from Aviation Week

So the production of BLK II is at 3 aircraft per two month period, meaning a squadron (18 jets) per year...hmm okay, should be more like 3 squadrons in 2 years.

I've always been saying, they need to add a chin hardpoint to stop a small pod from wasting those wet and heavy hardpoint under the fuselage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom