What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious? J-10 project is started in the 80s and first Pt took to skies in 1998. JF-17 first pt took to skies in 2003. If we do not have FBW technology why would we bother to start JF-17 project? JF-17 is a project mostly undertake by Chengdu CAC, from wind tunnel, manufacturing and design is all done at Chengdu. I do not know how France getting into the picture of FBW as if we Chinese do not know FBW. Then how do J-10 being operational declared in 2003?

Again I said its revealed in 2000 and that may have inputs from Israel and so many things we don't know.
Basel alone FBW is not the reason to start a fighter project and as I said earlier it's not about they don't know it's about in action with working example so as we earlier had different plans with French avionics which later been changed due to sanctions and we go for total Chinese or western hybrids or indigenous systems. In addition their was a acquiring cost issue that the plane should be low cost but better in flying capability may force us to go for part FBW.

Last edited:
A question from @gambit and other informed members, is there anyway we could experience how does 7G or 9G feels like? I understand physically it is not possible outside a simulator or an actual jet but are there any videos which may give us a feel of it?
If by 'we' you mean ordinary people outside of military aviation ? No.

I maybe wrong, but I do not think there is any law forbidding anyone to commercialize a centrifuge chamber, but I doubt this is something that someone would be willing to risk serious lawsuits in design, build, and open it to the public for profit. Any of the world's scariest roller coasters would produce approximately 2-2.5g. Manned space rocket launches produces 3-4g.

But these outfits...

Air Combat USA
Fly in MIG-29 for Tourists! Flight to "Edge of Space" in MiG-29 fighter jet! Fighter Jet Rides! Prices of the Flights in MiG-29 in Sokol airbase!
Fly Mig-29 in Russia - Supersonic Aerobatics Prices
Fighter Jet Flight Costs: Fighter Jet Ride Price Range | FlyFighterJet.com | Fly a Jet, Fighter Jet Rides in Supersonic MiG-29

...Will give you a taste of what real fighter pilots experience, if you have the moola.

G-tolerance is not the same as being tactically able while under g. To be 'tactically able' is to have total situational awareness despite physical effects acting upon the body. Persistent 9g will make a pilot lose that state in a few seconds. He does not have to lose consciousness. He just will not have the ability to focus.

G force from linear acceleration is the easiest to bear. +G-linear is from launches and the Navy guys experiences this the harshest. We Air Force guys experiences this more gradually because we always have long runways. -G-linear is from decel and still the Navy guys experiences this the harshest whenever they snagged the hook. We Air Force guys let tire friction and light pressure on the brake to slow us down.

G force from radial acceleration, such as entering/exiting a dive/turn, is when the body will experience persistent high g pressure.

G force from angular acceleration such as rapid changes during maneuvers is when the body will feel like it came from a boxing match against a professional.

I remember reading in one of the JF-17 threads that this aircraft was supposed to be fully FBW but when France refused PAF had to rely on conventional methods. This does not imply that it can not be fully fly by wire or fully conventional..

France never came in the picture till after 2004 and that too had more to do with Avionics than anything else. So no, nothing of that sort as such.

I understand physically it is not possible outside a simulator or an actual jet but are there any videos which may give us a feel of it?

EDIT: I have actually found a video on it.
I maybe wrong, but I do not think there is any law forbidding anyone to commercialize a centrifuge chamber, but I doubt this is something that someone would be willing to risk serious lawsuits in design, build, and open it to the public for profit. Any of the world's scariest roller coasters would produce approximately 2-2.5g. Manned space rocket launches produces 3-4g.

Here's a bit from something I wrote a few years ago.
Military Research In Pakistan: New Ideas Hampered By Old Ways.

An example would be a local project initiated in the mid 90's to build a simulator for the nations prized F-16 fleet, which was suffering under the US embargo after Pakistan's refusal to halt its nuclear program. Spares were running short and so were pilot hours. It was decided by PAF to tackle both goals together by issuing a selective tender for a simulator which would also give physical feedback to the F-16 pilots. A highly motivated team was selected after preliminary bidding and given time to prepare a study, at the end of which they presented their results. Not surprisingly, the study suggested that the visual aspect of the simulator would be fairly easy to reproduce and could have even involved networked F-16 simulators being able to duplicate most combat and training scenarios. However, to be able to replicate all the forces a pilot experiences, including but not restricted to the forces of acceleration, the team would need to tap the nervous system of the pilots which required the input of a reputed neurologist as part of the development process. PAF simply denied the request of the team stating financial and security reasons. Thus what had the potential for being a ground-breaking project, not just for Pakistan but possibly for the rest of the world as well, was orphaned before its birth.

What I did not mention was that a neurologist was assigned and preliminary research showed that it could be done via electrical signals to the brain. What was required however was more research to study the effects of such on the brain for which the medical team wanted more personnel and volunteers. Whilst the volunteers were not an issue, the extra team was as the PAF denied it.

JF-17 Thunder

vMmsQT9.jpg

i thought so. Where did he come up with 7g?
I did not make it up. I'll find you the source. It was in an interview in an international air force magazine which did a cover edition on JF-17.

JF-17 Thunder

vMmsQT9.jpg
Did they painted inner part of Dsi with a checker pattern? Looks like levels of the picture are pulled up in general as hay shade is generally quite dark.

Did they painted inner part of Dsi with a checker pattern? Looks like levels of the picture are pulled up in general as hay shade is generally quite dark.
I have just posted it because it is a nice pic of a well armed JF-17.

Last edited:
That picture looks very 'Javed Artist' lol

Some official details of JF17-Block2
1. Current production capacity 16 per year
2. Air re-fuelling capability
3. induction of infra-red short range missiles
4. Upgraded radar (which eventually give a longer range)
5. Upgraded Avionics (VVR integrated in Block-2)
6. I holds the capability of all kind of A2A, A2G and A2S weapons

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom