What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Block 3 has AESA and WS-13A engine generated 22,000 lb of thrust on par with American GE F414 engine.

Its not going to happen. The JF-17 Thunder was designed and built for Pakistan and based on Pakistani requirements. Anyone that tells you that China will induct these planes are either lying or they just don't know what they are talking about.

China does not use light fighters, so why should China induct JF-17?

@Oscar @MastanKhan

Forgive me for sounding like a fanboy but i must ask if expecting structural changes in blk 3's airframe would be making too much of the above statement.
Hi,

What you can assume it to be like the difference between F 18 and F18 super hornet.

I think you dont know that even some of the things that Muradk told me were subsequently proven to be incorrect.The same is the case with pshamim and Hkhan. The point I am trying to make is all that the people are reporting are interests and intentions. We in our hurry to break the news transmit and then subsequently things taķe another turn and dont materialize as we expected it to. This is not spreading rumours. If you dont like a post then ignore it. But dont argue over something that can neither proven nor disproven.
Araz.

Hi,

Could you please elaborate on your comments. Thank you.

Hi,

What you can assume it to be like the difference between F 18 and F18 super hornet.

Hi,

Could you please elaborate on your comments. Thank you.
So a redesigned fuselage is possible?

Here's a question:

Is the Block 02 the sole work of PAC, or is it still a joint venture between Kamra and Chengdu? There has been talk about the 29th aircraft being built at Chengdu (which is odd in light of Chengdu's inactivity in the project) and a twin seater being developed there. How about the Block 03?

So a redesigned fuselage is possible?

Hi,

That indeed is one of the possibility--structural modifications---wing loads---2 more hard points as has been the public demand---that is a maybe---. But even if they nothing and just are able to add a Aesa and JHMCS that is just a massive leap in itself.

An Aesa in itself is a major accomplishment---a massive force multiplier.

At this time---I believe they have between 6---8 BLK 2 aircraft ready now and I will not be surprised if there are 12 of them completed and some near to completion.

Here's a question:

Is the Block 02 the sole work of PAC, or is it still a joint venture between Kamra and Chengdu? There has been talk about the 29th aircraft being built at Chengdu (which is odd in light of Chengdu's inactivity in the project) and a twin seater being developed there. How about the Block 03?

Hi,

It is always a joint venture between Kamra and Chengdu----.

Hi,

It is always a joint venture between Kamra and Chengdu----.

By now, PAC should have the tools and resources to assemble these jets and manufacture its parts from the ground up.

Apparently RD-93MA completion is 2019. Allegedly based on the RD-33MKR which is the next upgrade up from the RD-33MK.

This may tie in with Block 3 JF-17. Yes, the document says Fc-1 so that reduces the argument that the RD-93MA would be specifically a J-31 engine.

Attachments

• 4894edde07ec.jpg
    4894edde07ec.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
By now, PAC should have the tools and resources to assemble these jets and manufacture its parts from the ground up.

Hi,

First of all they don't have all the tools for a 100% job---second thing---with an ally like china---it is better to have joint ventures. It is all about being in a TEAM---Together Everyone Achieves More.

58% airframe and around 80% avionics but irrespective of that even if 100% is built in PAC any sales will be jointly done with AVIC.

Apparently RD-93MA completion is 2019. Allegedly based on the RD-33MKR which is the next upgrade up from the RD-33MK.

This may tie in with Block 3 JF-17. Yes, the document says Fc-1 so that reduces the argument that the RD-93MA would be specifically a J-31 engine.

Great find tempest :tup:

Hi,

First of all they don't have all the tools for a 100% job---second thing---with an ally like china---it is better to have joint ventures. It is all about being in a TEAM---Together Everyone Achieves More.
sir can you pls shed some light on ew capabilities of jf 17.it is the hardest info to find.thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom