What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are different cases ,firstly jf-17 engines are not directly bought by Pakistan from Russia rather china was involved in all dialogs and we got them through china ,

secondly jf-17 are our aircrafts not russians so russians knew that if they will not provide us the engines then we will get them from other sources but in case of mig-29's we would have been bound to use russian engines and they could have easily exploited the situtaion

Thridly at that time the russian anger was u may say fresh as we have been fighitng against them but now after 18-20 years their injuries may have heeled up to a certain extent

Fourthly as india is bending towards US so russia have to do something to remind india that if they can get it from US thn Pakistan can get it from us

Anyhow these are strategies of countries that vary time to time ,remember every country works in her own benefits

I don't know how old are you and how much you read.. But please look at the number of projects we have recently signed with Russia. And its not Russia who has to remind us, fortunately, our leaders have good line of sight while making policies and playing international politics..

FGFA, Brahmos is just an example.. Pakistan will not be able to give Russia in 2 decades what we give them in merely 5 years.. Think before u fantasize..

Regardless of your age, if you seriously think Russia or any country will stay your friend for ever without any political, financial interest, you deserve to live on moon then. Russia has sold us through indirect means, a lot of stuff that you have no idea about. MI-17s, RD-93 are just visible items, there is more hidden under the carpet.

Regardless of your age, if you seriously think Russia or any country will stay your friend for ever without any political, financial interest, you deserve to live on moon then. Russia has sold us through indirect means, a lot of stuff that you have no idea about. MI-17s, RD-93 are just visible items, there is more hidden under the carpet.

lol!!! Are you not ashamed of what equipments you are talking about?

BTW I never said that they have some unconditional love for us.. Please read the post carefully, i did mention it is our leadership, which has maintained its relation with Russia and will do tat in future also..

And for Russia to bend towards Pakistan, Indian leadership is not like Pakistan, that it will let it go, the way Pakistan has failed with USA..

PS- Lol!! Under carpet stuffs you are talking about, I already know that..

You are in a dire need to read my post Mr. I never said that Russia found a new love for Pakistan all of a sudden. You people prefer to live in a fantasy world where everyone is a beggar against you being chooser. Just read the post and do not pretend like you know it all because no one does.

Regards

Taimi,
It all has to do with the timing of jf-17 induction as IAF is inducting su-30's at the same time in same numbers forming their backbone as we are doing with jf-17 so everyone is comparing both rather than comparing jf-17 with mirage2k n mig29 ,thats y most of people are disappointed with jf-17 induction as everyone is looking for an aircraft which would b a direct match of su-30 n punches out the IAF supermacy, for them jf-17 is not making a sense thats y they are making such statements n getting dis hearted

Plus another thing to add in frustration is the MRCA deal , till our jf-17 will be inducted in required numbers IAF will be prepared for the delivery MRCA n they too will be matchless by jf-17

Jf-17 with french avionics created a lot of hope for people but now the deal is dead that might be the reasong for having doubts regarding its future effectiveness

People are expecting too much from jf-17 as its the only fighter getting inducted in PAF after long tym plus the ambiguity regarding j-10/fc-20 is also creating frustration

If PAF goes for some better platform which will be as capable as su-30 n MRCA (which is not looking possible atleast with a budget of just 5billion) people will thn start comparing jf-17 with the rest of the fleet of IAF which will comprise of migs,mirage2k n mig29

At the moment there are too much hopes resting on jf-17and people were expecting too much from PAF regarding the induction of 4.5 generation aircrafts during their modernization process,

Mani
The way I look at it is that the Thunder is not comparable to any aircraft. It was designed to meet the needs of the PAF, and all indications are that it has. There may have been glitches which are there in any program, but these are in hand. However, people have unrealistic hopes and no concept of how much time and testing is required before a platform is ready for service. It may not have been mated to a BVR yet, but people are jumping to conclusions without realizing the reasons for it. People need to give PAF a bit of credit for having done a good job with our resource constraints. Platforms are being inducted as we speak, and priorities are being paid head to rather than the whims of arm chair generals. SO we must wait.
I have already alluded to the Xvs Y debate and the futility of it, and frankly it is now getting boring to repeat the same thing again and again .
Regards
Araz

A little old but interesting video of Thunder avionics on test bench in Chengdu Industry featuring Mr. Yang Wei (project manager of both jf-17 and j-10 fighters). The avionics were more advanced than any other when developed and reached the level of US f-16 (blk 52 level) in terms of integration and overall performance. It has edge in terms of complete digital cockpit environment which only block 60 offers, not even the blk 52. Second prototype for fatigue testing was also being manufactured at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
He also stated that China reached this level of technical advancement after the technology was strictly monitored by the West. It took them 5 years to develop thunder's advanced avionics that can now be compared to any Western fourth generation fighter avionics. Its nothing new though but when it comes from Mr Yang Wei, it holds weight !!

A little old but interesting video of Thunder avionics on test bench in Chengdu Industry featuring Mr. Yang Wei (project manager of both jf-17 and j-10 fighters). The avionics were more advanced than any other when developed and reached the level of US f-16 (blk 52 level) in terms of integration and overall performance. It has edge in terms of complete digital cockpit environment which only block 60 offers, not even the blk 52. Second prototype for fatigue testing was also being manufactured at that time.

YouTube - FC-1/JF-17 Thunder Fighter Aircraft - Prototype 2

It sound bit odd, but any one have any video showing pakistani scientists working on development of JF-17 ?

I have seen all the videos with only chinese scientist doing research and testing work, I am sure you guys also must have noticed this thing.

Assembly line and production, I think I've seen with pakistani technicians but not doing research work on any stage of aircraft design.

Please paste the link here if somebody knows it.

Cheers

watch this as you will see glimpses of Pakistani engineers working together with Chinese counterparts. I am sure what your next question will be though.....

Last edited by a moderator:
A contingent of 35 PAF engineers and technical staff was sent to China for participation in Thunder program as well as to contribute in the project. It was a case of learn and share that has paid off today.

MastanKhan..
You know you thinker tankers---do some research---go to the library and read some material---not some monthly magazines but some serious books about the real stuff.

The greek air force proved everyone wrong---their m2k had a lock on the F 16 and the F 16 could not get out of the lock---regardless of the maneavours it performed---isn't that the only combat incidence where a greek m2k downed a turk F 16 in real combat---.

You see---the proof is right in front of our faces---but we don't want to acknowledge---we always claim about the man behind the machine---but when it comes to m2k---that man suddenly disappears---come on---what is this rooster and bull story.
Either it is the man behind the machine or is it not.

That is one hell of the explanation and cracks-up all M2K haters. Amazing analysis. Now that clarifies M2K is not dead not a long gone story but still in business..and the rest part that MastanKhan explained that PAF over and over again makes the same mistakes and pass on excuse statements that i already explain looping right from F-7/F-7PGs till today. americans will slip out at some point of time again as india is slowly taken over the more important place will cut off our future just as it did with us on france, they are closer to french/uk/us..great MK.

A contingent of 35 PAF engineers and technical staff was sent to China for participation in Thunder program as well as to contribute in the project. It was a case of learn and share that has paid off today.

Thanks for video.

So Chinese designed and developed an aircraft with inputs from PAF, and later involved PAF technicians during flight testings so that it will be easy to maintain the craft back home. Neat and simple process.

That is one hell of the explanation and cracks-up all M2K haters. Amazing analysis. Now that clarifies M2K is not dead not a long gone story but still in business..and the rest part that MastanKhan explained that PAF over and over again makes the same mistakes and pass on excuse statements that i already explain looping right from F-7/F-7PGs till today. americans will slip out at some point of time again as india is slowly taken over the more important place will cut off our future just as it did with us on france, they are closer to french/uk/us..great MK.

Worthiness of Mirage can be gauged by the fact that India has dicided to upgrade 51 Mirages for whooping 2.2 bn. India could have simply brought new aircraft of 4.5 gen with this money.

The avionics were more advanced than any other when developed and reached the level of US f-16 (blk 52 level) in terms of integration and overall performance. It has edge in terms of complete digital cockpit environment which only block 60 offers, not even the blk 52....

...He also stated that China reached this level of technical advancement after the technology was strictly monitored by the West. It took them 5 years to develop thunder's advanced avionics that can now be compared to any Western fourth generation fighter avionics. Its nothing new though but when it comes from Mr Yang Wei, it holds weight !!

First of all, Gripen C/D has also full digital cockpits as you can see in the following pic:

gripencexportcockpit589.jpg

Secondly, it shouldn't be a surprise that the Chinese project manager says their avionics are top standard and equal to western, but the important point is still that PAF does not think like that. Otherwise they would not look for a complete western avionics package, with the same gen of techs, instead of these Chineses parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom