What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
More technical details of SD-10A AAM revealed

At the 2009 Paris Air Show, AVIC revealed more technical details of SD-10A active radar guided AAM. A designer of this AAM claims that SD-10A is a 4th generation air-to-air missile and has been fitted on the PLA Air Force’s J8F and J10A fighters.

(For full story, please refer to November 2009 Issue of Kanwa Asian Defence.)

Any one has access to the details????

Kanwa Daily News

Had an interesting conversation with a friend who is a Flt Lieutenant regarding the jf-17...

1. Even the first lot of 42 aircraft will have a decent amount of carbon composites

2. It is compatible with J-10's dual racks and can be fitted if required

3. Dual racks can be used for Air-Air and Air-ground munition

4. Wingtip hardpoint can carry a medium range BVR missile

5. No plans for CFT for thunders so far

6. Undisclosed AESA radar from both China and West is under evaluation

7. Not all thunders will be equipped with AESA

8. The Chinese radar has very good performance in all parameters and is a robust sensor

9. SD-10A is a serious contender along with a western one

10. Weapon trials are almost over and IFR will be applied from the first squadron onwards

11. Precision guidance is achieved with the help of Atlis and Chinese pods in both day and night strikes

12. The PAF pilots are volunteering more and more to switch to thunder rather than any other aircraft in inventory

thats really good story to provide entertainment to members and so it did......but u gave us details about those things that have been discussed many times but WHERE IS REFUELING PROBE.the most important thing that will increase Thunders range.y didnt u discussed about it with ur friend.:undecided:

here is something very interesting..........
Bangladesh wants to buy fighters, helicopters and maritime patrol aircraft

By Leithen Francis

Bangladesh has vowed to buy a squadron of new fighters and has resumed efforts to purchase two maritime patrol aircraft.

Planning minister A K Khandker, a former chief of air staff at the Bangladesh air force, told the country's parliament that the government plans to buy a squadron of new fighters, plus an air-defence radar system.

Khandker says the nation is also in the process of buying two maritime patrol aircraft, as well as two helicopters for peacekeeping missions. The government aims to make all the purchases during the current fiscal year, he adds.

Industry sources say Bangladesh's navy issued the maritime patrol tender in 2009, and note that this follows a previous failed attempt launched in 2004.

The move to buy new fighters is part of a wider effort to modernise the capabilities of the Bangladesh air force. The service operates relatively old Chinese and Russian-sourced equipment, including 40 Chengdu F-7, Nanchang A-5 and RSK MiG-29 fighters, says Flightglobal's MiliCAS database.

any updates or roumers on this????

here is something very interesting..........
Bangladesh wants to buy fighters, helicopters and maritime patrol aircraft

By Leithen Francis

Bangladesh has vowed to buy a squadron of new fighters and has resumed efforts to purchase two maritime patrol aircraft.

Planning minister A K Khandker, a former chief of air staff at the Bangladesh air force, told the country's parliament that the government plans to buy a squadron of new fighters, plus an air-defence radar system.

Khandker says the nation is also in the process of buying two maritime patrol aircraft, as well as two helicopters for peacekeeping missions. The government aims to make all the purchases during the current fiscal year, he adds.

Industry sources say Bangladesh's navy issued the maritime patrol tender in 2009, and note that this follows a previous failed attempt launched in 2004.

The move to buy new fighters is part of a wider effort to modernise the capabilities of the Bangladesh air force. The service operates relatively old Chinese and Russian-sourced equipment, including 40 Chengdu F-7, Nanchang A-5 and RSK MiG-29 fighters, says Flightglobal's MiliCAS database.

any updates or roumers on this????

lol i dun get even a single point from this post,is there any jf-17 mentioned in it?

According to Paf mordenization program the government has refrain Paf from buying any twin engine fighter b4 2019 so i dun thnk there will b any twin engine fighter coming in near future

All current aquisitions will take us in the region of 2020 in any case. Whatever happens will happen afterwards.
Araz

All current aquisitions will take us in the region of 2020 in any case. Whatever happens will happen afterwards.
Araz

but it baffles me that why PAF is not opting for twin engine fighter the time has changed now even the countries like Malaysia and Bangladesh are having twin engine fighters ,2020 or after 2020 will b too late,we are in 2010 evry single country has opted for twin engine fighters why cant we,
I agree that they hve intense maintainance soo...we have to meet the demand of the hour.the whole scenario has changed now,i was hoping against the hope that Paf should go for j-11 but sad......:what:

but it baffles me that why PAF is not opting for twin engine fighter the time has changed now even the countries like Malaysia and Bangladesh are having twin engine fighters ,2020 or after 2020 will b too late,we are in 2010 evry single country has opted for twin engine fighters why cant we,
I agree that they hve intense maintainance soo...we have to meet the demand of the hour.the whole scenario has changed now,i was hoping against the hope that Paf should go for j-11 but sad......:what:

In short two things come to mind. More maintenance and running costs and not enough depth in the country to require a long distance fighter.
Araz

J-10A has beten J-11Bs in mock fights....No wonder why PLAAF is raising more platoons of J-10 than J-11s......Meant to say that its the ability of an Aircraft that should be looked upon...not the twin engines....Btw twin engine is not the gaurantee of a better AC.... it is just to maintain the TWR to heavywieght ACs

Id love to see Pakistan doing a joint venture with th french........Just pay em money theyl do anything.........Dig the coal mines sell some coal worth a few billion$, problem solved

@Danger Zone

The plane is still being tested, don't you know this? EVERY option will be exercised on it as per plans and who knows they might go even further. The ferry range is more than 3000 kms. More than enough for a fighter that is going to defend our airspace in future. I don't put up stories here as this is not a fantasy forum.

J-10A has beten J-11Bs in mock fights....No wonder why PLAAF is raising more platoons of J-10 than J-11s......Meant to say that its the ability of an Aircraft that should be looked upon...not the twin engines....Btw twin engine is not the gaurantee of a better AC.... it is just to maintain the TWR to heavywieght ACs

and j-10 is very cost effective to maintain compare to j-11

fc12611e5695e893a7f86c626a0e9192.jpg

fb616f8d9bc85ff2ec38fd92f93d9b35.jpg

:china::pakistan:

Id love to see Pakistan doing a joint venture with th french........Just pay em money theyl do anything.........Dig the coal mines sell some coal worth a few billion$, problem solved
not that simple we have huge gold reserve in Baluchistan cant sell them as people are unhappy.
Sindh and people of thar have first right as baluchi have on gwader
first sell some coal to give uplift to the area build energy houses that will build industry creates jobs then sell your increased out put along with coal to increase your foreign reserves reduce your deficit
then allocate extra funds for air force buy whatever you can people will come and sell you as( they are selling to india) :pakistan:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom