What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your analysis and PAF VS IAF synthetic scenarios beat my wisdom every time buddy. How did you know that JFT has a bigger RCS than your Bisons? Great inside info you must have !:blah:

Well they are all about the same size , with the LCA being the smallest in size

MIg-21
General characteristics
Crew: 1
Length: 15.76 (with pitot tube) m (51 ft 8.47 in)
Wingspan: 7.154 m (23 ft 5.66 in)
Height: 4.1 m (13 ft 5.41 in)
Wing area: 23.0 m² (247.3 ft²)

Empty weight: 4,871 kg (10,738 lb)
Gross weight: 7,100 kg (15,650 lb)
Powerplant: 1 × Tumanskiy R11F-300, 37.27 kN (8,380 lbf) thrust dry, 56.27 kN (12,650 lbf) with afterburner each

JF-17
General characteristics
Length: 14.0 m (45.9 ft)
Wingspan: 9.45 m (including 2 wingtip missiles) (31 ft)
Height: 4.77 m (15 ft 8 in)
Wing area: 24.4 m² (263 ft²)

Empty weight: 6,411 kg (14,134 lb)
Loaded weight: 9,100 kg including 2× wing-tip mounted air-to-air missiles (20,062 lb)
Max takeoff weight: 12,700 kg (28,000 lb)
Powerplant: 1× Klimov RD-93 turbofan
Dry thrust: 49.4 kN (11,106 lbf)
Thrust with afterburner: 84.4 kN (18,973 lbf)

HAL Tejas
General characteristics
Length: 13.20 m (43 ft 4 in)
Wingspan: 8.20 m (26 ft 11 in)
Height: 4.40 m (14 ft 9 in)
Wing area: 38.4 m² (413 ft²)

Empty weight: 5,680kg (12,522 lb)
Loaded weight: 9,500 kg (20,945 lb)
Max takeoff weight: 13,500 kg (31,967 lb)
Powerplant: 1× General Electric F404-GE-IN20 turbofan
Dry thrust: 53.9 kN (11,250 lbf)
Thrust with afterburner: 85 kN (19,100 lbf)

There is more to RCS than just size, RCS is measured as the total portion of the impinging signal transmitted back to the probing radar caused by oscillating electrical current on the conducting surface of the aircraft. It is influenced by the direction and power density of the incident signal,shape,surface material and size of the aircraft.

The shape of the aircraft such as flat surfaces and corner reflectors created by intersecting edges or dihedrals. Dihedrals typically occur around the inlets and exhaust nozzles and is one of the largest sources of backscatter. Other sources of backscatter are edges which occur around canopy, external stores, vertical tail and wings.

sct.jpg

Detection of the LCA, JF-17 or any other adversary largely depends on the above factors but can also be influenced by the environment and relative position of the probing radar and the aircraft it is attempting to detect. For instance, the RCS of an aircraft is the largest when it is observed from the sides, above or below.

What are they telling about the missile? Will some translate that part...

I don't want to disappoint you, but the Chinese characters in the pictures are not related to the missile test.

----
Translations:

*Upper-left:
CCTV News - The logo of the TV station.

*Upper-right, small, white:
FYJS - It's the abbreviation of "Fei Yang Jun Shi" = "Fei Yang Military". It's a popular military forum in China.

*The watermark over JF-17:
"Fei Yang Jun Shi" in Chinese.

*Lower-left, The orange canon:
It's the person logo of the guy who take the screen-shot. The Chinese characters under the canon is his ID - "Long range canon". He should be a member of "Fei Yang Jun Shi" forum.

*Lower-left, characters covered by the canon logo:
United Kingdom, 7/14, Wednesday

*Lower, white characters:
Farnborough Airshow

*Lower, big yellow characters:
Thunder's doing well at it's first show.

*Lowest, white characters with red background
Copyright information - This picture's originally posted on "Fei Yang Jun Shi" forum, and the URL of the forum.

Let me state again, sd-10 was the baseline model with 70 km range and A version has a range of 100 kms. Issues with radar and bvr integration is over and this is why it is promoted with sd-10A as this version offers better modes, less interface issues and more range than basic version. PAF has plans to induct sd-10A with current JFT radar which is in my knowledge, the KLJ-10

Hi,

Is the Sd 10 --- 10 A fire and forget kind of missile?

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

dear mastan khan give a blink of your idea about of jf 17-rupee news with regards

Hi,

I am a little slow today---what did they say!

Wow,
Apearance of Thunder at FIA has forced many things to come out in the open which Indian would never say before. Now the crux of discussion is JF-17 VS Su-30MK1.

Jf-17 will be eaten alive by SU-30MK1 but they do not mention Thunder eaten alive by Tejas, Mirage-2000 or Mig-29. Now we know where the competition lies thanks to our friens across the border.

Unthinkable just a few days ago but see what is being posted on this thread.

Hi Pshamim,

Is it really a surprise---wasn't it headed that way all the time. All the build up and hype---over the years---all the planes that paf nalyzed and tested---wasn't the su 30 the prime de facto focus .

And then right in the middle of the stride---the paf changed its direction---it started focussing on a totally different aircraft---without saying what they wanted to do---letting all the well wishers and enemies hanging in the middle---.

So what we gonna do---.

1. As long as the USA needs Pakistan in its war against Terrorist of Afghanistan, India dare not touch Pakistan nor make any funny moves.
2. In the current situation, India dare not start any war with China, neither the USA. To maintain current situation without a war, China is going to be strong enough to counter USA in twenty or thirty years and therefore China has no intention to spoil the situation.
3. In conclusion, PAF think tanks know this, the Chinese think tanks know this and the India think tanks also know this. There will be no war.
4. Every one is making use of this peace dividend to build up their strength but going on different path. China prefers to develop its own military development and production capacity. Pakistan does not has the same resource so they decided to follow the Chinese way but integrate western technology. The Indian, despite they have the resource and assistant from western techs, selected to mainly rely on imports for their military needs. That is because their generals want it that way.
5. I strongly believe, riding on the JF-17 program, Pakistan would be much better off than pay dearly for western gadgets and expensive maintenance. The best way to counter MKI is to play it right so that the Afghanistan and Terrorist problem of USA linger on for as long as possible. Fighting a much richer and stronger adversary is best with political way rather than military one.

I have visited Farnborough airshow this week and for anyone interested there are a few photos of the JF-17's on display there if you would like to take a look. They are very nice to see in the UK, unfortunately the Chinese 'delegate' at the static display is not too co-operative in letting people look around them at close quarters

I have visited Farnborough airshow this week and for anyone interested there are a few photos of the JF-17's on display there if you would like to take a look. They are very nice to see in the UK, unfortunately the Chinese 'delegate' at the static display is not too co-operative in letting people look around them at close quarters

Only two picture??:undecided:
Thanks for beautiful pictures!
And as I promised few days ago, I have made your site my home page.
Looking forward for few more pictures.

:cheers:

LCA is not currently in production. It is still being tested.You need to wait and do your comparisons once LCA goes into production. All this apples VS oranges is useless till that time.
Araz

LCA is not currently in production. It is still being tested.You need to wait and do your comparisons once LCA goes into production. All this apples VS oranges is useless till that time.
Araz

Whats the Full form of LSP Sir??? As far as my Knowledge takes me, its Limited Series PRODUCTION.... Where Airforce has Placed orders for 20+20, and After IOC will place for more

Hi,

Is the Sd 10 --- 10 A fire and forget kind of missile?

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

!
Hi Mastan, i know your question was directed towards Sir Nabil however i am taking the liberty to answer :undecided:

As far as i know It's not a true fire and forget missile, SD10A has a mode where it can be launched as a fire and forget missile if proximity of target is over a short distance. Basically in this mode missile's active radar terminal guidance activates upon launch and homes in to the target. Launching aircraft can exit the fight immediately after launching SD10A in this mode. Full range of SD10A cannot be exploited in this mode!

SD10A also has passive radiation homing seeker which activates in terminal phase if target is trying to jam the missile, in this case missile does not use its active radar or its platforms radar and homes in to radiation emitting source i think its called the hom on jam mode. Combination of active radar homing and radiation homing makes SD10's kill probability very high. AMRAAM and MICA also employs the same tech.

If the target is 90-100+ kms away than SD10A is first guided via data link than inertial guidance kicks in followed by terminal stage where it is completely autonomous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom