What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL @ Irfan Baluch :D

under normal circumstances, i cannot condone it. But I just choked on my lunch, laughing.

30ax9q1.png

LOL @ Irfan Baluch :D

under normal circumstances, i cannot condone it. But I just choked on my lunch, laughing.

which ones? the ones referring to the Kafia?
I know they were uncalled for and thus saw the chop . fair enough

but couldnt control my self
anything that can wipe the smug off my neighbours is worth the risk

I have my observations about this craft but hey its replacing our aging fleet and will be a worthy force multiplier. we dont have anyother plane close enough to F16s than JF 17 thunder so I dont care what it doesnt have
instead of referring to the rhyming now I will refer to the glass half full

alll the best my buddies

P.S i know my remark was cheeky and I laughed while typing it but wont do it anymore

Last edited:
Just wondering how you came to the conclusion that since J10's electronics/avionics is behind the F-16 then JF-17's must be even worse?

Besides according to your own post and video link, both J-10 and F-16 got a "A" in avionics. Given that JF-17's avionics were developed at a later stage, one would expect them to be better than those of J-10.

Electronics are improving by leaps and bounds every year and from what we have heard, JF-17 has a pretty advanced and integrated avionics suite...that might eventually find its way (even in an improved version) on the J-10b.

If JF-17 avoinics are better than J-10's then why PAF is looking for French avoinics ?? And J-10b's Avoinics are still inferior to JF-17 and that is gona be ur frontline fighter after few yrs ??

Will you care to explain on this ??

There it goes again ...............

Its was a running joke in the PAF ranks a few years back that since the Airforce cant buy any aircraft due to sanctions they are replacing their staff cars, true to that all the staff cars have been replaced with brand spanking new Toyotas and BMW's.)

Excellent and very well written post...
And really is the bold true ?? Woooowww....much better than ambassador cars that our service chiefs travel in (atleast that was the case 2 years back).

is worth the risk

I have my observations about this craft but hey its replacing our aging fleet and will be a worthy force multiplier. we dont have anyother plane close enough to F16s than JF 17 thunder so I dont care what it doesnt have
instead of referring to the rhyming now I will refer to the glass half full

alll the best my buddies

P.S i know my remark was cheeky and I laughed while typing it but wont do it anymore

Jee aaho, braat!

Allah-e-mayaa-ray

:smokin:

Hi
i have heard that JF-17 while flying makes very little sound as compared to other jets, does any one know why is that?

depends on the thrust....

i was more worried about the smoke trails in earliest batches, problem has more or less been resolved

Power PC based, Not sure which company, possibly freescale(successor to Motorola semiconductor) since they manufacture chips for aircraft like the Joint strike Fighter which incidentally along with the Jf-17 is the only combat aircraft using C++ for its source code.
If you want to look at one, pop the hood of a car like the Accord or a BMW and you might with a little luck find a power PC sitting around there managing the systems.

As per my info, it is Free Scale PPC 603 :cheers:

Hi,

This news about JF 17's electronics as good or better than blk is a piece of BULL---a chinese general is on record stating that the chinese J 10 is behind the F 16 in avionics / electronics---the video is available on the nternet---and here we are talking about the JF 17---.

Just wondering how you came to the conclusion that since J10's electronics/avionics is behind the F-16 then JF-17's must be even worse?

Besides according to your own post and video link, both J-10 and F-16 got a "A" in avionics. Given that JF-17's avionics were developed at a later stage, one would expect them to be better than those of J-10.

The video shows J-10 and F-16 getting a A in avionics / electronics.
J-10 and JF-17 were both designed by CAC so JF-17 avionics / electronics might just be as good.

But I think what he means is the fire control on J-10 is behind the F-16.
Since the original KLJ-7 fire control radar is based upon the KLJ-10 on the J-10, then logically JF-17 fire and control would be behind too.

However, he rated it as good as the fire control on the Mirage 2000-5 - I think he was comparing it to Taiwanese mirages which have the Thales RDY radar.

If JF-17 avoinics are better than J-10's then why PAF is looking for French avoinics ?? And J-10b's Avoinics are still inferior to JF-17 and that is gona be ur frontline fighter after few yrs ??

Will you care to explain on this ??

JF-17 avionics are not better than J-10B.
J-10B is going to be a testbed for 5th gen technologies.

Last edited:
Hi
i have heard that JF-17 while flying makes very little sound as compared to other jets, does any one know why is that?

An aircraft will differ in the sound decibles it puts out in accordance to how the aircraft is flow, or in other words how much power is applied, to put it in simple terms the more throttle the pilot gives the more CFM (cubic feet per minute) of airflow rushes in to the engine(s). The higher the CFM of airflow into the engine the louder it becomes; for instance, when an aircraft is approaching for a landing it's nearly silent but when an aircraft does a 'flyby' a distinctive 'crack' is often heard, sometimes people confuse this with breaking the sound barrier.

Last edited:
Hi,

This video about the chinese talking about j10 is very recent. It is to be understood by default that when he talks about the comparison between the F 16's he is talking in comparison to the best that the j 10 has to offer yet to date.

J 10 is the pride of the chinese air fleet---could the person be prejudicial to the F 16 and the m2K ---could be---it is but natural to vow his own fighter the most and the f 16 not as much and bring down the m2k further down. Putting the J 10 right in the middle will boost the moral of the public and the armed forces---.

The M2K lovers would say---hey---this is a proven platform---we have taken out the F 16 mano a mano---actually we are the only one who have done that---that analysis is prejudicial.

I mean to say--people want to hear good news---now don't they---haven't the paksitanis talked big about their equipment---the jf 17 against the su 30.

Coming back---when the chinese talks about the fire control package---he is obviously talking about the best that j 10 has to offer---not the older out dated one---now comparatively---the fire control package in jf 17 is not in the same league as that of the operational j 10. Our current fire control package cannot shoot the sd 10's. The j 10 is an operational bvr plane---with years of service under its belt---.

Until and unless pak has an operational sqdrn for at least two to three years with bvr's till then you cannot truly judge this new system.

People you need to learn to be FAIR TO YOURSELVES AND TO YOUR COUNTRY. When you jump on the band wagon of rarararara the truth then tends to hide---. When you hide the truth---you are being unfair to the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom