What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The improvements were specified at a five year interval. First thing to be addressed is airframe parts replaced with composites, second is engine, payload, third is avionics, integration of IRST, FLIR, new radar etc, and so on. I again saw the thunder very low, roaring in Karachi skies three hours ago hence I felt so proud. It seems very agile indeed !

what the....:what: karachi
where,when,?:blink:

The improvements were specified at a five year interval. First thing to be addressed is airframe parts replaced with composites, second is engine, payload, third is avionics, integration of IRST, FLIR, new radar etc, and so on. I again saw the thunder very low, roaring in Karachi skies three hours ago hence I felt so proud. It seems very agile indeed !

are you sure that it was really thunder?

yar Karachi me mirage or f7 nazar nahin atay aap Thunder dekh rahay hoo.:haha:ajab bat hai bhai..
:blink::blink:

which radar are we using on our thunders?

Some insight to what may be the reality can be gauged from the interchange b/w two posters "Gaf" and "pshamim" on the PakDef forum in their JF-17 thread ... here are the latest posts ...

Gaf:
Just reading Vol. 11. No.6 Edition of "Combat Aircraft". There is an interesting small article about the JF17. In particular, the following caught my eye..

"the definitive prototype 04 was delayed until April 2006, although it did feature the full avionics suite. The heart of this suite is a digital quadruplex Type 634 FBW system and the KLJ-7 X Band multifunctional pulse doppler fire control radar in the initial batches, the KLJ-7 reportedly being replaced by the improved KLJ-10 on later aircraft"..

Thoughtd? Who else knew about the KLJ-10 upgrade? Confirmation of the FBW is quite good.

pshamim:
Indeed you are correct. KLJ-10 was once reported on the forum but some did not believe it. Quad FBW has also been reported in old JF-17 thread but do not remember when.

pshamim:
One of the reasons we have not seen the SD-10 on Thunders is that KLJ-7 still does not have a smooth interface with them. When tested KLJ-10, SD-10 worked perfectly. Three years ago, it was reported on this forum that PAF would install the first batch with KLJ-10 did not happen for reasons unknown to me.
Therefore, Thunders are not truly BVR capable at the moment.

Conclusion
Hence this would mean our Thunders are being upgraded with KLJ-10 and until that task is completed ... we may not be seeing SD-10 on it.

Last edited:
wats the range of kLJ-10 radar?

is it long range radar means above 150km range?

i think yes
because the jf-17 the Egypt is in negotiations for. will have 150km range radar

:china::pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

hmmm.very good

then the one Elta 20/32 is also a long range radar means above 150km

Hi
if JF-17's will get long range radars and BVRMS then does this means that they can take on any jet which is not stealthy? if this is true then shouldn't Pakistan work on acquiring such technology which can easily counter Su-30's range, and if we install Future PL-13, long range radar & a powerful engine having TVC won't jf-17 get better than block 52

Hi
if JF-17's will get long range radars and BVRMS then does this means that they can take on any jet which is not stealthy? if this is true then shouldn't Pakistan work on acquiring such technology which can easily counter Su-30's range, and if we install Future PL-13, long range radar & a powerful engine having TVC won't jf-17 get better than block 52

True..bt how can Jf-17 payload can reach 7.7ton..
if Jf-17 payload increased to +5ton then i am sure it will be a deadliest aircraft in its class

Is the current lot of JF-17 figers, BVR capable? Don't answer me, if you've read it on PAC's website, question's meant for those who are in actual knowledge of things on the ground.

Did PAF/CATIC manage to flawlessly mate SD-10A with KLJ-7?

I recently read Alan Waren's book and the following text caught my attention on pg. 125:

There is also a two seater JF-17 on the drawing board. At present the requirement for the two seater along with its design are being finalised by the PAF.

And:

"AVM Farhat Hussain Khan, JF-17 Cheif Project Director (CPD) says: "We would expect the two seater to fly around three years later"

So now i am wondering if JF-17 two seater will fly near 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom