What's new

JF-17 Thunder Block-II replaces F-7P Skybolt of the Number 2 Minhas Squadron.

Their heavy aircraft have a pretty good loiter time---.
OK lets see only time can prove my point, many fanboys dreaming of stealthy type 5 + generation JF-17 but fail to under stand PAF adopted JF-17 a low cost light weight fighter which is its primary role adding CFT stealth and many many more near all the goodys JF-17 will not remain a low cost light weight fighter and cost will be around 50 + millions and at that cost PAF would have many better options including F-16 block 60, SU-35 or Rafale.
In short there will some improvements but highly unlikely any structural change or major update.

JF-17 block II will be equipped with IRS no need to have CFT.

OK lets see only time can prove my point, many fanboys dreaming of stealthy type 5 + generation JF-17 but fail to under stand PAF adopted JF-17 a low cost light weight fighter which is its primary role adding CFT stealth and many many more near all the goodys JF-17 will not remain a low cost light weight fighter and cost will be around 50 + millions and at that cost PAF would have many better options including F-16 block 60, SU-35 or Rafale.
In short there will some improvements but highly unlikely any structural change or major update.

JF-17 block II will be equipped with IRS no need to have CFT.

Hi,

I want you to remember this word---INTEGRATION----for future reference. The cost of an upgraded JF17 at 50 illion dollars is not the same as the cost of an SU35 at 50 million dollars.

First of all---you will have to buy new weapons and electronics package for that aircraft---and other issues of training to fly and maintain---and there comes INTEGRATION----and that is what kills you. All your chest thumping and rararara---brings you down and smashes you to he ground----you learn to crawl all over again---then wobble and walk---then walk---and then start to run---and then you run to build stamina---4--6 years process for an existing aircraft and ---8--10--12 years process for a 4.5 gen aircraft and above new aircraft.

The period of transformation from one aircraft to the other---to have your WORST pilot fly that aircraft to the best of its abilities and the difference between the worst and the best is minscule on a given day and the cost factor increase by a multiplier.

So---you are better off upgrading your existing aircraft to its max if it meets the desired need. The JF 17 will get its coming upgrades with newer technologies.

Hi,

I want you to remember this word---INTEGRATION----for future reference. The cost of an upgraded JF17 at 50 illion dollars is not the same as the cost of an SU35 at 50 million dollars.

First of all---you will have to buy new weapons and electronics package for that aircraft---and other issues of training to fly and maintain---and there comes INTEGRATION----and that is what kills you. All your chest thumping and rararara---brings you down and smashes you to he ground----you learn to crawl all over again---then wobble and walk---then walk---and then start to run---and then you run to build stamina---4--6 years process for an existing aircraft and ---8--10--12 years process for a 4.5 gen aircraft and above new aircraft.

The period of transformation from one aircraft to the other---to have your WORST pilot fly that aircraft to the best of its abilities and the difference between the worst and the best is minscule on a given day and the cost factor increase by a multiplier.

So---you are better off upgrading your existing aircraft to its max if it meets the desired need. The JF 17 will get its coming upgrades with newer technologies.
The design and main idea behind JF-17 is to replace aging mirage and F-7 jets never meant to become star fighter, may be in future with past experience to J.V again with china for 4.5 or 5th generation jet.

The design and main idea behind JF-17 is to replace aging mirage and F-7 jets never meant to become star fighter, may be in future with past experience to J.V again with china for 4.5 or 5th generation jet.

Sir,

By default---it has to be a 'star fighter'----not the F104 kind----. Even though it is filling up for the Mirages and A5's and F7's----it has to fight someone----.

And for that it has to perform to overcome the strength of the enemy.

Sir,

By default---it has to be a 'star fighter'----not the F104 kind----. Even though it is filling up for the Mirages and A5's and F7's----it has to fight someone----.

And for that it has to perform to overcome the strength of the enemy.
My final comment on this topic

Since you know better then me Sir JF-17 is 3.5 to 4th generation light weight multi role fighter even the best block III specification can't compete F-16 even mlu ones. Still lot better then mirages and F-7, We need long range strike fighter to protect of ports (Gwadar) You know even PAF is more interested in even used F-16. The air frame, engine we can't change much lacks in power and range. But still i love this plane it fulfill our current future requirements and lot better then Tejas.

Back
Top Bottom