What's new

JF-17 'Thunder' Aircraft More Primitive Than Any Fourth-Generation aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand that why didnt they use composites. At least that could have reduced its RCS somewhat.

It compensates for a bit using the DSI inlet ... But calling it below 4th Generation is beyond comprehension ... Why is he comparing it with all high end fighters ? JFT wasn't made for that role , that has been discussed to ad nauseam here in the forum ... It is supposed to replace an ageing fleet of already-served-their-life aircraft of odd mixtures of Chinese and French aircraft and not to become the Raptor ! :lol:

The generation of the aircraft mostly depends on Avionics suite, Radar and electronic counter measures.

The radar is KLJ-7 X band FCR capable of tracking targets around 110 km for 5km2 targets tracking 10 targets while simultaneously engaging 2 while the contenders will be more massive than that , quite decent for a 4th Generation fighter ... The EW is a reverse engineered Israeli one though not many details are available on that ...

Its true. Its a 3.5 gen fighter, whose sole purpose is to replace our aging fleet. Its not comparable to other 4 or 4.5 gen fighters. It was initially suppose to be a 3rd gen, but with the add ons, we managed to raise it to 3.5 gen. But thats the limit. Sad but true...

What the project director says is valid, as other end of the spectrum of 4th gen fighters include SU30's, Rafale, EFT's, F/A 18 SH, etc.

and the fly away costs for these birds are ? In increasing order of price :D

Its true. Its a 3.5 gen fighter

What sort of classification are you using if I may know ? What makes an aircraft a 3rd Generation one ? Are you aware that Chinese naming is one generation less than that of the others ?

We are not talking about how much it costs to fly these birds. We are discussing whether it falls into the category of 4th gen or not. The answer is no. Its a 3.5 gen. :sniper:

What sort of classification are you using if I may know ? What makes an aircraft a 3rd Generation one ? Are you aware that Chinese naming is one generation less than that of the others ?

Yes i am aware of that. Its 3.5 gen according to western classification, not Chinese.

We are not talking about how much it costs to fly these birds. We are discussing whether it falls into the category of 4th gen or not. The answer is no. Its a 3.5 gen. :sniper:

Next time please do not talk about thing you have no idea about ... A fly-away costs is not the " operational costs " as you are thinking it to be ... Lets hear how are you classifying it to be 3 , 3.5 or 4 Generation ... Please begin now ...

Mach 1.6 and slow turn rate, but still in 4th generation due to DSI technology, Radar, targets locking and Missiles capibility.:pakistan:

The radar is KLJ-7 X band FCR capable of tracking targets around 110 km for 5km2 targets tracking 10 targets while simultaneously engaging 2 while the contenders will be more massive than that , quite decent for a 4th Generation fighter ... The EW is a reverse engineered Israeli one though not many details are available on that ...
Dude I wasn't demeaning JF-17 which is a good aircraft (in its class). I was just asking about the chineese reluctance to use composites which is sure puzzling.

In what sense it is 3.5generation aircraft when even F16 BLock 15 cannot lock the jf17 in PAF exercises due to DEEC EW SUITE OF jf17 the radar is pure PULSE dopple not the mono which is 3rd generation .. so it is 4th generation and no west classifies it as 3.5th generation pilots are not TECH guys they are just pilots who ride the plane and talk about its features I know army guys at the High posts who dont know we have inducted Good SAMS they still talk about Stingers , since then we also have anza's .... Furthermore RWR , Self protection jammer over the vertical tail , BVR missiles, Hypersonic missiles, 3d Glass cockpit , 3D canopy. Ok just to remind you guys our mirage roses have same capabilities as early mirage 2000 Now dont say how. IF you consider jf17 as 3rd generation than j10A automatically becomes 3rd gen too since only Range of the avionics of j10 is enhanced otherwise they are mostly the same.

IT IS TO REPLACE AGEING FLEET I AM FED UP OF THIS SENTENCE , Lets take example I had CORE2DUO pc instead of i3 i directly upgraded to i5 , instead of 2gb i updated my ram to 8gb ... SO guys when u are replacing old tech it is not necessary u just replace a litter better jet but a force looks at the current and near future scenario what could be the best for the force...

F-16 blk 15 is not really a true 4th gen fighters. F-16 blk 40 is. Even a prototype of LCA way back in 2001 beats F-16 blk 15 but that doesn't mean it can run over blk 52 too. F-16 blk 40 is 4 gen and blk52 is a 4.5 gen fighter

F-16 blk 15 is not really a true 4th gen fighters. F-16 blk 40 is. Even a prototype of LCA way back in 2001 beats F-16 blk 15 but that doesn't mean it can run over blk 52 too. F-16 blk 40 is 4 gen and blk52 is a 4.5 gen fighter

now that was some point....heck what the hell i am doing on this thread :what:

Are you kidding me Do you even know like AESA and stealth tech in 5th generation is sole feature ... FBW system is SOLE feature of 4th generation and F16 BLOCK 15 have it... Seriously this thread is killing me

primitave or NOT it surely is a game changer in terms of south asia. Finally PAF has a BVR platform! which it lacked with the F7s and even with the ROSE III upgraded mirages. IAF on the other hand had BVRs since 1990s! so yes we are atleast a decade behind but definetly leaping forward in the right direction.

primitave or NOT it surely is a game changer in terms of south asia. Finally PAF has a BVR platform! which it lacked with the F7s and even with the ROSE III upgraded mirages. IAF on the other hand had BVRs since 1990s! so yes we are atleast a decade behind but definetly leaping forward in the right direction.

KLJ-7 is barely a BVR radar, with a detection range of 105km for a 5 sq m target. And being a pulse doppler radar, it can be fooled easily, and will have trouble identifying friend or foes.

And how is that relevant in discussing the capabilities of these planes. I mean surely I can get a suzuki mahran for a couple of lacks, but then will that make it something that schmmy will drive in a formula 1 race ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom