What's new

JF-17 Presses On After News of Egypt's Plans

Why would Pakistan want those mirages? They should avoid all things french, remember the 'Agosta technology-transfer', once heard they denied Pakistan, from acquiring French suites for their JF-17 programme. France, is an extremely unreliable partner and tough to negotiate with, pay special attention to the Russian-ship deal that turned sour, (UAE can keep those mirages). J-10b's should be the way forward, in conjunction with a future Chinese fifth-generation-fighter, as well as a stealthy JF-17. Technology is important.

JF-17 French Avionics Deal On Hold/Cancelled

PAF will not go for j-10b so please stop saying this

You're quietly cheering for those mirage's that will never be procured and rightfully so.

This is more likely:

150-200 JF-17's block 2/3 (inc stealth)
76 Existing F-16 fleet (fully upgraded)
60-70 J-10b's
36 J-31

PAF will not go for j-10b so please stop saying this

You're quietly cheering for those mirage's that will never be procured and rightfully so.

This is more likely:

150-200 JF-17's block 2/3 (inc stealth)
76 Existing F-16 fleet (fully upgraded)
60-70 J-10b's
36 J-31

unrealistic wish list ... and dude we have 50 JF for now , by we get 150-200 it will be 2018 ...
and dont you think we have many F-16 that are old enough to be retire ..
Again J-10b's are not coming to Pakistan .. its discuss a lot of times ..
and j-31 is still in Prototype , so it will only be available after 2018

I think you ought to read through my post again "this is more likely", not "this will happen". Those mirages you're inexplicably keen about, are not. J-31 will likely be procured once ready. If the indian 'Rafale deal' comes to fruition, Pakistan will have little-to-no choice but to purchase some J-10's to counter. However 36 J-10's won't suffice, require 60/70 to counter the high-tech Rafales.

unrealistic wish list ... and dude we have 50 JF for now , by we get 150-200 it will be 2018 ...
and dont you think we have many F-16 that are old enough to be retire ..
Again J-10b's are not coming to Pakistan .. its discuss a lot of times ..
and j-31 is still in Prototype , so it will only be available after 2018

I have no clue about the planes but just wondering, is J10 good enough to be a counter for Rafaele or Su-30?

I'm sorry, who expected block 3 in 2016?

While the JF-17's development has been delayed because of budget restraints, it is still chugging along nicely. 2018-19 was expected, not 2016. Block 2 and twin seat versions of block 2 were expected in 2016.

From the beginning I was saying that the Egyptians wouldn't go for the JF-17, because the Gulf or KSA would screw over Pakistan from getting any potential deal with Egypt. No one believed me, and people even called be a racist against Arabs. Guess who's laughing now?

It's fine though, the jet still has a chance, I expect it to get at least one sale this year, most likely either to Nigeria or Myanmar.

May be we screwed up.. when Bainazir gifted Pakistan's centrifuge blue prints to Iran.

I have no clue about the planes but just wondering, is J10 good enough to be a counter for Rafaele or Su-30?

Simple answer is no. Even our Block 52 F-16s are superior. Rafale is far superior to all these (thus the price tag!)

May be we screwed up.. when Bainazir gifted Pakistan's centrifuge blue prints to Iran.
This has nothing to do with Iran, your continued attempts at anti-Iran propaganda continue to fail miserably.

This has nothing to do with Iran, your continued attempts at anti-Iran propaganda continue to fail miserably.

read your post... and talking of helping Iran, does not classify as being anti-Iran, actually i was endorsing your point (however baseless) that Saudi Arabia blocked the Egyptian deal.

read your post... and talking of helping Iran, does not classify as being anti-Iran, actually i was endorsing your point (however baseless) that Saudi Arabia blocked the Egyptian deal.
I did, nowhere did I mention Iran. How about you read my post first.

By saying that my post is baseless, you do not endorse it.

Back
Top Bottom