ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
a7c43a7ee3f46aa2c85f587b77caef99._.jpg

1ac790fbe7dd7949179da37bb985ca9e.jpg

Whats this little tube underneath ?

Enlarge it

Is it true pic or photoshop..can lift that much load ?

Last edited:
yes.....it kinda cooling or exhaust pipe ?//for something ...

yes.....it kinda cooling or exhaust pipe ?//for something ...

Yes the pics are real, with real load. These bombs look like 250KG or LB free fall bombs, which in total will give a 1000kg or LB of bombs, while JF-17 can take around 3,800KG of weapons load.

And as for the tubes, its the twin barrel russian Gryazev-Shipunov GSh-23-2 (23mm) gun of JF-17 (on the left underside of the aircraft)

Haider this is a tipical JF-17 payload 3FTs + 4 air 2 air missiles or 2 air to air and 2 air to ground weapons

So, seven hardpoints. All hardpoints can be used for any type of of weapons..a to a , a to g or every hard point has its own type weapon configuration ...

taimikhan is right

its the twin barrel russian Gryazev-Shipunov GSh-23-2 (23mm) gun of JF-17 (on the left underside of the aircraft)

this is a tipical JF-17 payload 3FTs + 4 air 2 air missiles or 2 air to air and 2 air to ground weapons

Untill the Air Refueling capablity, that is, however; it's a clear indication of the aircraft's short legs.

Untill the Air Refueling capablity, that is, however; it's a clear indication of the aircraft's short legs.

Well it is because of less powerful engine we need a engine with more then 25,000 LB thrust , 25,000 Lb to 30,000 Lb which led to the increase of hard points a combo is like 2× wing-tip Air-to-air missile launch rails, 6× under-wing & 3× under-fuselage pylon stations.

What else is clear of short legs that might have been discussed is a somewhat lack of hardpoints, an underpowered and fragile engine (time between overhaul figures), a cumbersome radar compared to the newest generations, an outdated platform by today's standards and a very small assembly line. Let's just say, it was a great emotional and conceptual victory for PAF and PLAAF and Pakistani's alike...but I am afraid that sending in a 3.5 gen ac into battle against 4.5 isn't fair. It's only fair because these supposedly replace A-5 Fantan, but as you know Thunder is hardly starting off as A2G. I think that aircraft deals are coming up for the PAF on top of Block 52 and J-10. Mirage 2000 of any variant upgraded higher than the "H" the IAF flies, in 3 squadrons and you buy the JF-17 program 10 years to develop and mature into a Block 52 contender instead of being forced down the AF's throat due to reasons other than technically superior weapons, which the PAF should be known for especially since it is forced to be manned many times smaller in size and of aging quality than many air forces, we should be arming up like China, having inducted J-10A's by now which even though isn't battle proven has been fielded by one of the world's largest af.

What else is clear of short legs that might have been discussed is a somewhat lack of hardpoints, an underpowered and fragile engine (time between overhaul figures), a cumbersome radar compared to the newest generations, an outdated platform by today's standards and a very small assembly line. Let's just say, it was a great emotional and conceptual victory for PAF and PLAAF and Pakistani's alike...but I am afraid that sending in a 3.5 gen ac into battle against 4.5 isn't fair. It's only fair because these supposedly replace A-5 Fantan, but as you know Thunder is hardly starting off as A2G. I think that aircraft deals are coming up for the PAF on top of Block 52 and J-10. Mirage 2000 of any variant upgraded higher than the "H" the IAF flies, in 3 squadrons and you buy the JF-17 program 10 years to develop and mature into a Block 52 contender instead of being forced down the AF's throat due to reasons other than technically superior weapons, which the PAF should be known for especially since it is forced to be manned many times smaller in size and of aging quality than many air forces, we should be arming up like China, having inducted J-10A's by now which even though isn't battle proven has been fielded by one of the world's largest af.

So what radar and avionics it is using right now?(KLJ-7??) I know these are from China but this is just for first 50 copies. Rest i am sure PAF will add some powerful engine of Chinese origin with a more thrust. To me more critical is PAF use some composite materials to reduce its load and to incorporate that weight into its weapon load.

We must stop comparing Thunders with mature systems like M2K and F-16 Block 52. Let it evolve... Keeping geostrategic games being played in this part of world in mind this is best decision taken by PAF in long run.

Back
Top Bottom