Not open for further replies.

mundaus

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
A recent new report states:

News4u-News Desk,Islamabad, (PTI)
January 15, 2009

The JF-17 ‘Thunder’ fighter jet developed jointly by Pakistan and China will have an “edge” over contemporary aircraft, particularly India’s Light Combat Aircraft, Pakistan’s top defence officials claimed today.

The JF-17 will have “an edge over its contemporary aircraft, particularly the Indian Light Combat Aircraft in terms of cost, early availability and supportability”, defence officials told President Asif Ali Zardari.

Zardari was briefed on the project during a meeting at the presidency which was also attended by Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, Defence Minister Chaudhry Ahmed Mukhtar and air force chief Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed, said a statement from the presidency.

I am interested in your Comments?

"in terms of cost, early availability and supportability”

The first two certainly, and the third is pretty likely.

However those three factors will not determine whether the JF-17 will be superior to the LCA in terms of capability and performance.

IT IS SUPERIOR, 100 %

can you please show some facts ??????????????????????

Dont just throw the comments , show us some difference between weapon system , its defence , its speed , the payload etc etc.

i was not expacting the one liners here , but never mind :enjoy:

Just a quick note - an inducted and operational JF-17 is definitely 'superior' to a still in development F-35. ;)

Stick to the comments made in the article the thread started with - broadening this into another JF-17 vs LCA argument will result in the thread being closed.

For refreshing your memory, these points were made: "in terms of cost, early availability and supportability”

so you mean , these terms make an aircraft superior to any others , then yea am with you .

another
Just a quick note - an inducted and operational JF-17 is definitely 'superior' to a still in development F-35.
without facts or any any logic behind it . i think you guys are living in dreams .

“an edge over its contemporary aircraft, particularly the Indian Light Combat Aircraft in terms of cost, early availability and supportability"

So Pak officials now evaluate an AC on basis of cost,early availability and supportability.Even in these criteria JF-17 is good only in early availability and cost that too because it is less advanced than LCA.It doesnot have Fly by wire except in pitch axis,no composites,engine thrust is much less as compared to LCA,Weaponery and radar are also less capable as compared to LCA and when western equipments will be integrated in it ,it will be more costly.

IT IS SUPERIOR, 100 %

do you know why your major did not mention other areas . becoz it lacks in those .
it doesnt have a complete digital fbw and in terms of avionics and radar it still is behind. but it has shown potential and can become a truly 4.5 gen aircraft if paf sticks to it claims . so plz get ur fact right .

so you mean , these terms make an aircraft superior to any others , then yea am with you .

another without facts or any any logic behind it . i think you guys are living in dreams .

*Sigh*

Too many people here have trouble with understanding context and comments unless you hit them in the face with the argument broken down into small simple pieces.

Ok, here it is for you.

Any aircraft that is flying, with poor flight characteristics, avionics, radar and weapons systems, is superior to an aircraft under development, even if it was of the caliber of the F-22.

It is superior because even a poor fighter that is operational can actually act as a weapons system while the aircraft under development is, well, still pretty much on a drawing board or in pieces.

Make sense now?

Double Sigh...maybe we need a kids section? Agnostic can you propose this idea to the higher ups for me?

-KB

Anyways there is nothing wrong with this statement,

The JF-17 will have “an edge over its contemporary aircraft, particularly the Indian Light Combat Aircraft in terms of cost, early availability and supportability”, defence officials told President Asif Ali Zardari.

With respects to the 3 outlined parameters, it is safe to assume that JF17 Thunder is indeed superior to LCA. Cost and availability for sure, and supportability mainly because it is a joint venture with China, which has logistical infrastructure set up across the border as well for this aircraft. Not to mention the decades of experience in overhauling Mirages which aren't exactly as straightforward as a MiG 21.

Last edited:
*Sigh*

Too many people here have trouble with understanding context and comments unless you hit them in the face with the argument broken down into small simple pieces.

Ok, here it is for you.

Any aircraft that is flying, with poor flight characteristics, avionics, radar and weapons systems, is superior to an aircraft under development, even if it was of the caliber of the F-22.

It is superior because even a poor fighter that is operational can actually act as a weapons system while the aircraft under development is, well, still pretty much on a drawing board or in pieces.

Make sense now?

i didnt mean to make fun of jf-17 it was he who started . i dont think there is any point in comparing them until lca recieve foc . til then we can also wait for the improvements in jf-17

*Sigh*

Ok, here it is for you.

Make sense now?

dont you think there are other aircraft also avaiable expect under construction F 22/ 35 , i cant even imagine to compare JJF-17 WITH su-30 mki

you need to update yourself . and before throwing something on anothers face , dont be sure that he/she will not reply .

still you are out of facts or any kind of logic , that can satisfy me

“an edge over its contemporary aircraft, particularly the Indian Light Combat Aircraft in terms of cost, early availability and supportability"

So Pak officials now evaluate an AC on basis of cost,early availability and supportability.Even in these criteria JF-17 is good only in early availability and cost that too because it is less advanced than LCA.It doesnot have Fly by wire except in pitch axis,no composites,engine thrust is much less as compared to LCA,Weaponery and radar are also less capable as compared to LCA and when western equipments will be integrated in it ,it will be more costly.

Again, this is not a thread to compare teh LCA and JF-17 from an overall POV, since the LCA has a while to go before it is inducted and fully operational, and the JF-17 has upgrades planned for the block II.

The sort of comprehensive comparison of the two AC you are trying to do will only be worth anythign when both are inducted and operational and with their capabilities t that point in time.

That is why I limited the comparison to the three areas mentioned in the Official's comments.

The first is a given, there could be arguments over the second, given suggested European upgrades to the engine, avionics, radar and weapons systems, and the third should be leaning towards Pakistan becasue both the Chinese and French (likely contenders for the Block II upgrades) have historically been exceptionally good suppliers.

dont you think there are other aircraft also avaiable expect under construction F 22/ 35 , i cant even imagine to compare JJF-17 WITH su-30 mki

you need to update yourself . and before throwing something on anothers face , dont be sure that he/she will not reply .

still you are out of facts or any kind of logic , that can satisfy me

You still have no clue do you?

Learn some English and comprehension skills before blabbering and insulting other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom