What's new

JF-17 Fighter Slated for Block-2 Upgrades in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
RD-93 variant used to power the JF-17 would be a fantastic upgrade , I mean it would increase the plane's potential by 20-25 % just with added power and capabilities vs current engines

Not to mention the increased fly time

We hope that the 50 Block 2 fighters would arrive soon form China , together with our local production of 10-18 fighters / year

RD-93 variant used to power the JF-17 would be a fantastic upgrade , I mean it would increase the plane's potential by 20-25 % just with added power and capabilities vs current engines

Not to mention the increased fly time

We hope that the 50 Block 2 fighters would arrive soon form China , together with our local production of 10-18 fighters /
year

waoo i thought these were block 1 the 50 jf17 coming from china paf new to replace old jets right:undecided:

Jf-17+Thunder+Block+2.jpg

Continous improvments will help refine the design and model specifications for the short to medium term aircrafts. Pakistan needs to continue the path of self reliance and joint ventures to save foreign exchange and build a local aviation industry. Good Job so far.

do jf 17 block 2 consist of AESA RADAR???

No. The news from SG2012 is that AESA in the FC-1/JF-17 is not on the priority list. They seem to suggest/accept a time will come for AESA but seems no customer/potential customer has asked for it. They said intalled the AESA will require minimal changes/modifications. Firstly it goes against the need to keep it cheap and affordable. Secondly they believe the Thunder is very advanced most of the potential customers will unlikely fully utilise what it already offers.

JF17 block 2 will have minor changes in shape more in power avionics raydar hard points and use of light mertials to reduce weight because it will cost less as to change the whole desgin stealth may by be used in block 3 but not in block 2 :azn:

JF17 block 2 will have minor changes in shape more in power avionics raydar hard points and use of light mertials to reduce weight because it will cost less as to change the whole desgin stealth may by be used in block 3 but not in block 2 :azn:
stealth lol...... how can be an air craft stealthh with 7 external hard points and without a design that is stealth suppotive
i think you are trying to ask that stealth is like a radar that can be installed in forn of jet fighter with a little ammendmend in nose region ...........lol

What would you guys compare JF-17 block 1 to? I would compare it to F-16 block 40.

Block II JF-17 Thunder To Enter Into Production Next Year
7:37 AM Qamar No comments

The Pakistan Air Force will start receiving the improved version of the JF-17 Thunder fighter jet Block II. The Block II Thunder will include newer and improved capabilities including data link and electronic warfare capabilities aerial refuelling, new radar & avionics.

The JF-17 Thunder Block II will also expend its inventory of new generation precision guided weapons including cruise missiles. Pakistan and China are also developing a two-seater version of the JF-17 Thunder.

The deliveries of the Block II Thunder to Pakistan Air Force are scheduled to start from the second half of the 2012 and will continue till 2015. From 2016, JF-17 Thunder Block III will enter into production .

Pakistani Air Chief Marshall Rao Qamar Suleiman has said at the Dubai Air Show, “We offer performance comparable to U.S. and European fighters when it comes to radar, dogfight missile, range and BVR [beyond visual range] capabilities, for one third of the cost.”

The officials of the joint marketing team for the promotion and sale of the JF-17 Thunder has said that at-least five middle eastern countries has shown interest in the JF-17 Thunder and will be test flying the aircraft for in future to experience its performance first hand.

The People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) is also evaluating the FC-1/JF-17 Thunder and will take decision regarding its induction into the service in near future.

Read more: Block II JF-17 Thunder To Enter Into Production Next Year ~ Pakistan Military Review

cant wait this year :victory:

btw i thought blk 2 was twin seater

btw i dont understand that was the block 1 failure, imean we only managed to produce few of them and jumping on for block 2

is this rumored or confirmed?

----

BTW cant we do R&D on jf17 in pakistan, is it necessary it needs to be done in china??

Yes China has the necessary R&D labs well eastablished.....and Our situation is far far weak for this level.....$$$ matters most...:smokin:

Dude! Is there any 'PROTOTYPE' seen yet? on which our thunder II will start serial production..!
:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom