What's new

Jaswant Singh expelled from BJP

So in essence you are saying that he should be kicked out of party office for merely voicing his opinion about a historical personality in a civil and rational manner.

That does not come across as a very open minded action nor befitting of a country that takes pride in being secular and valuing freedom of speech.

The thing is that not everyone agrees on the same issue, especially historical issues. Everyone has their own opinion. One cannot go around kicking out people from their professions because one does not like their perspective on historical figures. Its not like JS said something antithetical to the BJP's core political platform.

I dont want to be off topic. But what is the opinion of an ordinary Pakistani about Altaf hussein when he says that Partition was a mistake. (or something like that).

Since Altaf has his own party nobody can expell him or something. Since MQM is doing quite good in Karachi they are elected in Karachi.

But doesnt ordinary Pakistani get angry when Altaf says that partition shouldn't have happen?

GB

I dont want to be off topic. But what is the opinion of an ordinary Pakistani about Altaf hussein when he says that Partition was a mistake. (or something like that).

Since Altaf has his own party nobody can expell him or something. Since MQM is doing quite good in Karachi they are elected in Karachi.

But doesnt ordinary Pakistani get angry when Altaf says that partition shouldn't have happen?

GB

What does that have to do with my point - lets not go off topic.

I think, BJP of all Indian parties is more closer to the concept of Pakistan than say Congress. The former accepts Pakistan as a separate and distinct entity as opposed to Congress , which still believes that partition was a mistake.

I feel that most BJP wallahs believe that Jinnah was correct and that Islamic Pakistan was a distinct nation than Hindu India.

However if BJP was in decision making process in 1947, partition would have been much different. I think Hyderabad Deccan would be a separate nation, Pakistan would have had Junagadh and Kashmir and East Pakistan would have some parts of Assam. The remaining parts of India as a new nation would have been 98-99 % Hindus/Sikhs , while the other two states would have been completly Muslim.

Relations between India and Pakistan/Deccan/Bangladesh(eventually) would be much more cordial (Similar to India-Afghanistan or India- Iran) as there would be a realisation that Hindu and Muslim are a separate nation.

Just my own theory !!

So in essence you are saying that he should be kicked out of party office for merely voicing his opinion about a historical personality in a civil and rational manner.

That does not come across as a very open minded action nor befitting of a country that takes pride in being secular and valuing freedom of speech.

This is utterly ridiculous.

I understand that Pakistanis have a hard time swallowing India's secular principles, considering the number of threads and posts on this forum that mention "Secular India" accompanied by general sneering and stupid emoticons, but the fact is that the BJP is free to kick out whoever it wants for not conforming with the ideas of the party.

It has nothing to do with freedom of speech and secularism. You could however, legitimately raise that point had the CBI decided to arrest Mr. Jaswant Singh for expressing his opinion on the issue.

However if BJP was in decision making process in 1947, partition would have been much different. I think Hyderabad Deccan would be a separate nation, Pakistan would have had Junagadh and Kashmir and East Pakistan would have some parts of Assam. The remaining parts of India as a new nation would have been 98-99 % Hindus/Sikhs , while the other two states would have been completly Muslim.

Just my own theory !!

Looks like you don't know BJP at all.

well i think this expulsion is going to be temporary.

And Jaswant Singh is playing in to vote bank politics and trying to create certain image here...which might help his son in the next election in Rajastan where he lost his seat in the last elecion.I know noody discussing it... but i guess thats the background of BJP's unusual ire.

Let us invite Jaswant Singh as a State Guest of Government of Pakistan for just writing about the founder of Pakistan. Give Jaswant the recognition and recognize him at the highest level of the State with appreciation. Even Stanley Wolpert was critical of Jinnah but his book invoked such passion in souls. Mr. Jaswant Singh, I salute you for simply recognizing my leader & his extraordinary abilities as an Indian of the time!

I am heading towards the Saeed Book Bank in Islamabad to see If I could get a copy of the book for my library.

Let us invite Jaswant Singh as a State Guest of Government of Pakistan for just writing about the founder of Pakistan. Give Jaswant the recognition and recognize him at the highest level of the State with appreciation. Even Stanley Wolpert was critical of Jinnah but his book invoked such passion in souls. Mr. Jaswant Singh, I salute you for simply recognizing my leader & his extraordinary abilities as an Indian of the time!

I am heading towards the Saeed Book Bank in Islamabad to see If I could get a copy of the book for my library.

yuggg my bro went to c if its there on Saeed Book, there isnt any copy there

Whether he praised Jinnah or not I think he did not say anything against India or BJP that they have expelled him.....Infact he was critical of Nehru who belong to Congress so they should have instead praised him....

Tsar good point. You saw what the entire BJP didnt see. In fact whether BJP is right in some other things or not it is quite clear that BJP is a stupid party and hence finds it difficult to rule. On the contrary Congress makes many mistakes but knows when to be smart politically about things.

Jaswant did a masterstroke for his party but the BJP UP block typically was so stupid they didnt realize it as such. Congress would have been in deep **** if BJP had just mentioned this is a personal book and we will discuss it after 6 months etc when next party meeting takes place or something like that. Meanwhile reporters would be lining up to Sonia for comments. What would congress have told other than we didnt read book. But how long can they keep quiet. Remember here the difference was that BJP was not bound to answer since Jaswant made it very clear that it has nothing to do with his party nor does his book refer to BJP. Congress cannot keep quiet for long since the book clearly refers to Nehru-Gandhi. Now all they need to do is say that Jaswants own party doesnt agree so why we should answer?

Stupid BJP. This thing was nothing about them. They deserve every bit of the problems they are going through from some time.

jaswant singh was suspended just for eulogizing jinnah is not the whole reason .
he was even critical of jinnah of how he was "radicalized" at the end period of freedom struggle..the thing that undid him was that he was critical of the iron man sardar patel ,the person held with high regards in b.j.p.,they thought of him deviating from the principle of the party ...they wanted to set a precedent in the party that no person can easily get away with such an ease ,even after criticizing the whole bedrock on whose ideology of the party and its hero that is -- sardar vallabh bhai patel

Whatsoever, Discipline is discipline and if party code of conduct does not allow you to do so called thing, you must keep safe distance.

Whatsoever, Discipline is discipline and if party code of conduct does not allow you to do so called thing, you must keep safe distance.

Sir, then shouldn't Vajpayee be punished too ?? He came to Pakistan, went to Minar e Pakistan & paid his respects, so in one sense he also did something which would be disliked, as Minar e Pakistan is a symbol of the Independence Movement of Pakistan.

^That's up to the BJP to decide. BTW, nobody is being punished, and this has nothing to do with freedom of speech, secularism, or any other Indian constitutional principle that you feel like bashing today.

He failed to tow the party line, he got booted. Simple.

It's a shame that BJP cannot hear difference in opinion , in our free society in India we all have our opinion some may agree some may not, but this step if going too far.

I can say that apart from few idiots in BJP no one agrees with them.

Back
Top Bottom