What's new

Japan's Shibuya district saying no to Halloween

Finally some pushback against this shit.
1698747137889.png

Japan introduced this to Asia, and they might be the first one to cut it out.

Halloween is consumerist American brainwashing culture, the americans don't celebrate asian festivals, why the heck do we celeberate their?

That's their choice, but it won't change Millions upon Millions from celebrating it from all over the world

And this is a first world problem. If Halloween is the worst problem someone has then that's a good thing

That's their choice, but it won't change Millions upon Millions from celebrating it from all over the world

And this is a first world problem. If Halloween is the worst problem someone has then that's a good thing

Well, we don't celebrate Halloween.

Used to do some Halloween celebration when I was studying English.

Then I realize it's a stupid global culture shit forced upon by the americans, like the stupid Friends show they show in every English class.

Honestly, it's cultural colonialism and standardising of culture.

You don't see freaking americans celebrating Tomb sweeping day, why are we celebrating their Ghost day?

Used to do some Halloween celebration when I was studying English.

Then I realize it's a stupid global culture shit forced upon by the americans, like the stupid Friends show they show in every English class.

Honestly, it's cultural colonialism and standardising of culture.

You don't see freaking americans celebrating Tomb sweeping day, why are we celebrating their Ghost day?

Don't ask me, nobody forced you to celebrate Halloween. If you choose not to celebrate that your business.

I'm too old to trick or treat so doesn't affect me one way or the other. But if others want to celebrate, that's their prerogative

I have a lot of respect for Japan, so it's not like I'm going to criticize what they want to do. It's their business

Don't ask me, nobody forced you to celebrate Halloween. If you choose not to celebrate that your business.

I'm too old to trick or treat so doesn't affect me one way or the other. But if others want to celebrate, that's their prerogative
I think at this point, it shouldn't be any individual choice and the govt needs to step up on this shit.
Hollywood and western media (mainly American) shill this shit non-stop and impressionable mind think they have to follow the global (read: American) culture to be hip and cool.

I think at this point, it shouldn't be any individual choice and the govt needs to step up on this shit.
Hollywood and western media (mainly American) shill this shit non-stop and impressionable mind think they have to follow the global (read: American) culture to be hip and cool.

Depends where you're from. In most countries the government can't force you to not celebrate something in the privacy of your own home.

or keep people from a Halloween party

I believe in individual rights to take part in a holiday

Depends where you're from. In most countries the government can't force you to not celebrate something in the privacy of your own home.

or keep people from a Halloween party

I believe in individual rights
Well, I don't.
People are clearly stupid, especially the young, and they need education and a strong guiding hand.

Well, I don't.
People are clearly stupid, especially the young, and they need education and a strong guiding hand.

Well you're certainly entitled to your thoughts.

As I said this is the first world problem and if the worst problem you can have is halloween, then you're doing well as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe the government where you're from can enforce this but not where I'm from

smart people but to late, their culture is under western hegemony influence without redemption.

Well you're certainly entitled to your thoughts.

As I said this is the first world problem and if the worst problem you can have is halloween, then you're doing well as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe the government where you're from can enforce this but not where I'm from
This is more like first world shit that's affecting the rest of the world.
Again, no offense to americans who actually celebrate this as their tradition, but it has nothing to do with the rest of the world.
smart people but to late, their culture is under western hegemony influence without redemption.
There's no such thing as too late when it comes to culture.

This is more like first world shit that's affecting the rest of the world.
Again, no offense to americans who actually celebrate this as their tradition, but it has nothing to do with the rest of the world.

Well in other countries they're still celebrating besides America. Again, doesn't affect me one way or the other.

Someone mentioned they're going to be giving out chicken McNuggets for Halloween

true that, i respect asian cultures and values, those should be preserved but for japan it is to late, they are dying off as nation, there will not be people in couple decades to cherrish their ancestors pathways and legacies.

true that, i respect asian cultures and values, those should be preserved but for japan it is to late, they are dying off as nation, there will not be people in couple decades to cherrish their ancestors pathways and legacies.

Jiu jitsu

Back
Top Bottom