What's new

Japanese Warship Kaga is becoming an aircraft carrier

Are we talking about Chinese Navy?

Let me know when PLAN order some Rafale or F-18C......
Why does China need to have these? Do you think the Rafale's weight is the upper limit for this catapult? ?

Why does China need to have these? Do you think the Rafale's weight is the upper limit for this catapult? ?
Dude, you post a french carrier and say

You are basically sitting duck? ? ? ?
lol, this is exactly an 850ft aircraft carrier LOL
So you tell me why China want to use a 267 ft Catapult?

And yes, that's why they weren't certified to operate F-18E/F Super hornet on their deck, even tho they were certified to operate Legacy Hornet.

You do know that how fast an aircraft can be pulled in what speed is dictated by Physics, right?

Dude, you post a french carrier and say

So you tell me why China want to use a 267 ft Catapult?

And yes, that's why they weren't certified to operate F-18E/F Super hornet on their deck, even tho they were certified to operate Legacy Hornet.

You do know that how fast an aircraft can be pulled in what speed is dictated by Physics, right?
Dude, I have a hard time understanding why you think the 267 ft Catapult is not enough for a 28 ton jet when it can catapult in the 32 ton? ?

Dude, I have a hard time understanding why you think the 267 ft Catapult is not enough for a 28 ton jet when it can catapult in the 32 ton? ?
what 32 tons, their capacity is 27 tons.....LMFAO

Cat.jpg

Dude, I have a hard time to believe a cat have 27 tons capacity can launch a 30 tons aircraft, let alone 32 tons...

dude, apparently a 30 ton aircraft can run on a Charles de Gaulle, the data you know is wrong.LMFAO,lolView attachment 924243View attachment 924244
Dude, again, are you really that stupid or you are just pretending?

Can a F-18E/F fly off or operate on CDG? Yes, of course, a Slick (without weapon and with fuel tank) F-18E/F is only 21 tons. As said, the C-13-3 cat have a 27 tons capacity. Sure, why not?

F-18E.jpg

Can a C-13-3 certified to operate a F-18E/F Super Hornet? No, unless you are certified to fly parade or ceremonial flight, you can't launch a 30 tons FULLY ARMED F-18E/F Super hornet from CDG deck. You can't do that, then you can't get certified to operate the Super Hornet.

Can a C-13-3 launch 32 tons of whatever? No. It's capacity is only 27 tons as stated.

Gosh.......

Dude, again, are you really that stupid or you are just pretending?

Can a F-18E/F fly off or operate on CDG? Yes, of course, a Slick (without weapon and with fuel tank) F-18E/F is only 21 tons. As said, the C-13-3 cat have a 27 tons capacity. Sure, why not?

View attachment 924245

Can a C-13-3 certified to operate a F-18E/F Super Hornet? No, unless you are certified to fly parade or ceremonial flight, you can't launch a 30 tons FULLY ARMED F-18E/F Super hornet from CDG deck.

Can a C-13-3 launch 32 tons of whatever? No. It's capacity is only 27 tons as stated.

Gosh.......
Dude, you're the one playing dumb, you're using a WIKI data that doesn't have a source, and based on that you're assuming the f-18e can't take off with a full load,god

Dude, you're the one playing dumb, you're using a WIKI data that doesn't have a source, and based on that you're assuming the f-18e can't take off with a full load,god
Oh my god.....

A catapult used in USS Nimitz, called C-13-1, is 99 metres long and has a stroke of 94 metres. In this relatively short distance it is able to generate a substantial amount of speed – its capacity is 36 tonnes at 140 knots. Some other aircraft carriers are using catapult systems of lesser capacity. For example, French nuclear aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle has a C-13-3 catapult, which is 80 metres long and has a stroke of 75 metres. This device has a capacity of 27 tonnes at 140 knots. All types of aircraft catapults are regularly tested using so-called sleds – wheeled weighed devices that are launched into the sea to test catapult’s speed and efficiency. These sleds are later recovered and reused in other tests.

but hey, whatever float your boat man

Dude, I can find similar data
The C-13-3 in CdG has a stroke length of 246', and a launch speed of 140 knots at 70,000 pounds.

RafaleM has a maximum take-off weight of 54,000 pounds, with an empty weight of 22,431 pounds.

Dude, I can find similar data
The C-13-3 in CdG has a stroke length of 246', and a launch speed of 140 knots at 70,000 pounds.

RafaleM has a maximum take-off weight of 54,000 pounds, with an empty weight of 22,431 pounds.
Well, you said I quote wikipedia without a source, then you come around and quote a forum post (like PDF) that come out without a source??

What next? Are you gonna quote me world of warship next?

By the way, this is the photo on that aviationist website you quote

Super-Hornet-CGG.jpg

Can you spot any weapon or even wing fuel tank on the super hornet? I sure can't. In fact, I can't even see the tail hook, which mean the Superhornet is not really landing at the CDG

Well, you said I quote wikipedia without a source, then you come around and quote a forum post (like PDF) that come out without a source??

View attachment 924247

Can you spot any weapon or even wing fuel tank on the super hornet? I sure can't. In fact, I can't even see the tail hook, which mean the Superhornet is not really landing at the CDG
lol, your description of the F-18E payload was a great inspiration to me.
Well, let's calculate based on the ejection limit of 27 tons, an aircraft with a maximum take-off weight of 28 tons.
Can it satisfy combat when it is at 27 tons take off? ?

lol, your description of the F-18E payload was a great inspiration to me.
Well, let's calculate based on the ejection limit of 27 tons, an aircraft with a maximum take-off weight of 28 tons.
Can it satisfy combat when it is at 27 tons take off? ?
The question you should ask is can a 27 tons capacity launch a 28 tons aircraft at 140 knots? Because if not, that aircraft is going to go directly into the ocean. You stall the aircraft under 140 knots.

Would anyone want to have a tried? Maybe you could if you have an extra 80 millions to spare.

View attachment 924247

dude, why would you doubt an open news? ? ?
The exchange of traps and catapults of a French Rafale on Ike and a US Super Hornet on CDG [Charles de Gaulle] not only displayed the versatility of each country’s naval air power, but was a striking visual of comradery in arms of two great powers at sea,” said Capt. Trevor Estes, commander Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 3.

The question you should ask is can a 27 tons capacity launch a 28 tons aircraft at 140 knots? Because if not, that aircraft is going to go directly into the ocean. You stall the aircraft under 140 knots.

Would anyone want to have a tried? Maybe you could if you have an extra 80 millions to spare.
No no, MTOW is rarely used, it's an unnecessary problem.
Maybe you have a special need?

dude, why would you doubt an open news? ? ?
The exchange of traps and catapults of a French Rafale on Ike and a US Super Hornet on CDG [Charles de Gaulle] not only displayed the versatility of each country’s naval air power, but was a striking visual of comradery in arms of two great powers at sea,” said Capt. Trevor Estes, commander Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 3.
Again, I don't see any fuel or weapon on that Superhornet picture.

As I said, I KNOW FOR A FACT that CDG weren't certified to operate FA-18E/F Super Hornet, that's a fact, can it have a F-18 Super Hornet take off or land in specific circumstance? Sure, but none of them would have been for combat, because you are going to put every aircraft at Maximum readiness, which mean you would have to max out the FA-18E/F for their mission profile, and many of them are at MTOW.

No no, MTOW is rarely used, it's an unnecessary problem.
Maybe you have a special need?

I don't know how MTOW is rarely used in China, in the US Navy, only 2 scenario are not taking MTOW into account, and they are transit (A Hornet come from a land base land at a Carrier and carry on to another land base) and reconnaissance, ie sending a Super hornet to take picture. Because you would need a quick and slick aircraft. You want it to be minimally armed. Even A2A configuration is close to MTOW, that's because most combat scenario require you to carry both weapon and fuel (including external fuel) for maximum loitering, you don't just go out and perform a strike and get back home. That's not how CAP work

What Chinese do? I don't know

Back
Top Bottom