What's new

Japan to modernize India's railway stations, part of $140 Billion investment plan.

Japan to modernize India's railway stations - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: Japan has agreed to modernize railway stations across the country while participating in Indian Railways' $140 billion investment over the next five years.

A Japanese delegation will soon visit India to study the opportunities for industries in the railway station development plan of railways as the public transporter has identified 400 stations to be upgraded in private investment, an official release said here on Wednesday.

READ ALSO: Upgrade of 400 railway stations, e-way cleared

Railway minister Suresh Prabhu, who is in Japan to strengthen cooperation in rail sector, held a series of high-level meetings with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, deputy Prime Minister and finance minister Taro Aso among other ministers and senior officials and has highlighted that the Indian public transporter would be the next major destination for infrastructure investment worth $140 billion, it said.

Participation of Japanese railways and Japanese companies in various areas of Indian Railways with the aim of modernization and technology upgradation was also emphasized in the discussions.

While agreeing for cooperation on modernization and upgradation, Japan has agreed to assist the public transporter in achieving its zero-accident mission.

READ ALSO: Anti-encroachment drive from Cantt railway station to bus stand

Railways invites ideas on cleanliness

Railways research wing - Research Designs & Standards Organization (RDSO), will sign an MoU with Railway Technical Research Institute of Japan to carry out research work on acquiring modern technology for the public transporter, as per the finalization of the action plan.

48889417.cms

Prabhu also held meetings with heads of leading financial institutions and highlighted the investment prospects in railways in the coming years. Railways has chalked out a plan to investment $140 billion in infrastructure upgradation in the next five years, the release said.

Japan will also provide its expertise and technology in solving problems of sanitation including the development of waterless, odourless toilets in trains and at stations, it added.

READ ALSO: Now, pay hefty fines for littering at railway stations

Besides, the country has also agreed to assist Indian Railways in development of a legal and regulatory framework on high speed railway here, the official statement said.

Prabhu is on a two-nation visit to Japan and Korea since September 7.

Fascist Modi doing Fascist things to communal railway stations... BTW Railways is one of the best performing ministries. Sab Prabhu ki kripa hai....

Railways need a massive overhaul

Do tell more about what you have seen
  • Coaches being cleaned with brooms and then cleaning liquid, cleaners asking for ratings on their work.
  • Far Cleaner Toilets
  • Railway stations being cleaned using below equipment and hosed with water. I have seen cleaners working round the clock.

1818739.jpg

• Railway Tracks are a lot cleaner most railway stations i went to have far more dustbins
  • Once a guy got injured in the train he informed railway authorities, next station doctor and two police men were present,guy got patched up, train stayed for 10 minutes more and every one was happy.
  • Food can be pre ordered on the Internet before you get in the train.
Pretty much what i have noticed in my travels..

Railways need a big overhaul.

Actually those who get even a single food court contr will hit a jackpot . Thats the level of profit railways can produce . Japanese will take all their money invested in the next 5 years or lesser than that . 400 stations !!!! Money money money

• Coaches being cleaned with brooms and then cleaning liquid, cleaners asking for ratings on their work.
  • Far Cleaner Toilets
  • Railway stations being cleaned using below equipment and hosed with water. I have seen cleaners working round the clock.
View attachment 255270

• Railway Tracks are a lot cleaner most railway stations i went to have far more dustbins
  • Once a guy got injured in the train he informed railway authorities, next station doctor and two police men were present,guy got patched up, train stayed for 10 minutes more and every one was happy.

I have not travelled in railways for quite some time,quite surprised to to hear this from you

• Far Cleaner Toilets
View attachment 255270
These All facility initiated in Lalu time deteriorated day by day, good that Prabhu is now implementing effectively.

The most demanding thing is currently waste management which we are implementing this upgrade.

I have not travelled in railways for quite some time,quite surprised to to hear this from you

its what i have noticed down south, i know certain stations in North are really bad, i suggest you take a visit to nearby railway station when u have the time and check for yourself...

its what i have noticed down south, i know certain stations in North are really bad, i suggest you take a visit to nearby railway station when u have the time and check for yourself...

Knew something was fishy when I read your comment,should have guessed it only south can achieve the frat of clean railway stations

Knew something was fishy when I read your comment,should have guessed it only south can achieve the frat of clean railway stations

No, southern railway stations were really dirty as well, especially the tracks... There is an obvious improvement, even many of my friends in North have been saying this..SO it is most probably not confined to South India

Its just that certain stations near BIhar and U.P are reaallly bad..like really really bad.... i have a hard time imagining those being clean..... but its possible....

Back
Top Bottom