What's new

Japan to construct 8 Aegis destroyer system from 2015

@Nihonjin1051 : Surely this is a great opportunity for Japan to design and produce an indigenous radar, battle management and missile system for their new destroyers?

@UKBengali ,@madokafc

These two new AEGIS will be a much needed addition to the surface fleet. Remember that we are quite committed to the development of our Carrier Force. A CBG is imperative now. JMSDF is to induct our 2nd Izumo-Class Light Carrier by 2017 as well. As for radar systems, we are satisfied (for the time being) with AN/SPY-1D.

Japan and Australia have entered into a naval R&D partnership, so we are possibly to explore a joint-designed radar system as well-- we shall see. Remember that we just signed the partnership this month. Everything is unfolding so fast as we speak.

;)

@UKBengali ,@madokafc

These two new AEGIS will be a much needed addition to the surface fleet. Remember that we are quite committed to the development of our Carrier Force. A CBG is imperative now. JMSDF is to induct our 2nd Izumo-Class Light Carrier by 2017 as well. As for radar systems, we are satisfied (for the time being) with AN/SPY-1D.

Japan and Australia have entered into a naval R&D partnership, so we are possibly to explore a joint-designed radar system as well-- we shall see. Remember that we just signed the partnership this month. Everything is unfolding so fast as we speak.

;)

Thanks for greets! Anyways, I've heard that Japanese Gov is considering 100 more F-35s, which may include several 10 or 20 F-35B for 22DH. Still I doubt that will JMSDF take a higher ground against Chinese navy after 2020 as they are planning to build at least 3 more indigenous carriers.
As I know, they are currently making a ship to ship version of type 12 GTSM, which has high manuveur capability by it's tvc. Though I don't think that high maneuver ability and sea skimming will be enough which they should develop a ship to ship version of XASM-3 for its future defensive and offensive capability. It is supersonic or stealth capability that every newly developed / developing ASM has like as Russian P-800 Onyx or American LRASM. I know that JMSDF is more focused on ASW and AA more than ASuW with their heavy dependent of ASuW on JASDF and JGSDF, though now JMSDF is growing it's size and I think it will be more effective to use their vessels as next-gen ASM platforms.

Talking about R&D partnership with AUS, it seem to me that its nothing more than Japan's first step to foreign market, but talking about their plan to sell submarines to Australia, it doesn't seems to be clear that if they will going to win their competition as Type 216 of HDW will take a higher ground over Soryu or Soryu Kai or whatever. To me as Korean, I take Japan - British missile development project and Japanese - German tank R&D (If you can, would you please explain what is this project about?) project much seriously and as I know, many Korean military mania does, too.

Thanks for greets! Anyways, I've heard that Japanese Gov is considering 100 more F-35s, which may include several 10 or 20 F-35B for 22DH

Given the large size of these ships it should be expected that they are going to put fixed wing aircraft on them at some point

Given the large size of these ships it should be expected that they are going to put fixed wing aircraft on them at some point

Though it's not clear as they added one more quotation - " when it becomes cheeper" and current JSF project........

Though it's not clear as they added one more quotation - " when it becomes cheeper" and current JSF project........

The F-15J Air Fleet of the JASDF will be retired soon, and the JASDF needs to find a replacement. The natural solution will be the F-35A/B.

Thanks for greets! Anyways, I've heard that Japanese Gov is considering 100 more F-35s, which may include several 10 or 20 F-35B for 22DH. Still I doubt that will JMSDF take a higher ground against Chinese navy after 2020 as they are planning to build at least 3 more indigenous carriers.
As I know, they are currently making a ship to ship version of type 12 GTSM, which has high manuveur capability by it's tvc. Though I don't think that high maneuver ability and sea skimming will be enough which they should develop a ship to ship version of XASM-3 for its future defensive and offensive capability. It is supersonic or stealth capability that every newly developed / developing ASM has like as Russian P-800 Onyx or American LRASM. I know that JMSDF is more focused on ASW and AA more than ASuW with their heavy dependent of ASuW on JASDF and JGSDF, though now JMSDF is growing it's size and I think it will be more effective to use their vessels as next-gen ASM platforms.

Talking about R&D partnership with AUS, it seem to me that its nothing more than Japan's first step to foreign market, but talking about their plan to sell submarines to Australia, it doesn't seems to be clear that if they will going to win their competition as Type 216 of HDW will take a higher ground over Soryu or Soryu Kai or whatever. To me as Korean, I take Japan - British missile development project and Japanese - German tank R&D (If you can, would you please explain what is this project about?) project much seriously and as I know, many Korean military mania does, too.

Hi, its good to have you here , my man. Definitely we need your view in the East Asia Section , to give more exposure of the South Korean Military. Thanks for your input!

Arigadou Gozaimasu / Kam Sa Hamnida

The F-15J Air Fleet of the JASDF will be retired soon, and the JASDF needs to find a replacement. The natural solution will be the F-35A/B.

Americans have lost their ability to make fighter jets. F-35 is delayed to beyond 2020.

I don't think you know the true potential of the F-35.
Yes, you're simply right... The best example is right here

'Due to low reliability, the MBFF is 104.3 though the target is 272. Final aim is 320 though because of problems in air filtering system and leaking seal that the sand can break it down and it is designed imperfectly, which he fuel leaks and it also have problems in the gearbox. Transmission is also abnormal and in fuel filter, fuel-water separator and the fuel pump also have problems. the caterpillar comes off often'.
'The test results in Port Bliss was at the lowest. Even though it took quite of a result in Port Knox, it doesn't means it is ready. The test was much loose in Port Knox compared to Port Bliss, for example there wasn't firing of shells while maneuver and the numbers of shells fired were less and the course was already fixed while in Port Bliss it was a random course. The fuel is leaking still, and there are some cracks on the nozzle. We should stop the mass production right now'.
'It has shown lower reliability even compared to M60 Super Patton. The cost is rising and the mass production is not going on as originally planned. The logistical support is adequate which nothing is going on properly and technical drill books are not there which they are dealing the problem whenever there is the problem ex-temporarily'.

So what am I talking about?
Abrams_Tank.jpg

It is M1 Abrams. Due to reliability problem, after low rate initial production in 1979, the production of Abrams has been paused until 1981 when it has been official adopted by American Ground Forces. But even though, the problem of gas turbine engine was still there and got fixed afterwards and until middle of the 90s, the recuperator's reliability problem wasn't fixed. Also the mass production wasn't going as planned and also, including the 120 mm up-gun and maintenance cost, it took several times larger amount of money compared to M60 that the medias mocked M1 as 'expensive lemon'. It has been mocked for more than 10 years of mass production but after Gulf war everyone saw the performance of Abrams and shut their mouth up .

And so, I think it is just the same for F-35 Lightning II. We should keep waiting, and if the war takes place as in example in Israel, we will going to know if F-35 is piece of shit like the old F-104 or another master piece of Skunk Works.

Yes, you're simply right... The best example is right here

'Due to low reliability, the MBFF is 104.3 though the target is 272. Final aim is 320 though because of problems in air filtering system and leaking seal that the sand can break it down and it is designed imperfectly, which he fuel leaks and it also have problems in the gearbox. Transmission is also abnormal and in fuel filter, fuel-water separator and the fuel pump also have problems. the caterpillar comes off often'.
'The test results in Port Bliss was at the lowest. Even though it took quite of a result in Port Knox, it doesn't means it is ready. The test was much loose in Port Knox compared to Port Bliss, for example there wasn't firing of shells while maneuver and the numbers of shells fired were less and the course was already fixed while in Port Bliss it was a random course. The fuel is leaking still, and there are some cracks on the nozzle. We should stop the mass production right now'.
'It has shown lower reliability even compared to M60 Super Patton. The cost is rising and the mass production is not going on as originally planned. The logistical support is adequate which nothing is going on properly and technical drill books are not there which they are dealing the problem whenever there is the problem ex-temporarily'.

So what am I talking about?
Abrams_Tank.jpg

It is M1 Abrams. Due to reliability problem, after low rate initial production in 1979, the production of Abrams has been paused until 1981 when it has been official adopted by American Ground Forces. But even though, the problem of gas turbine engine was still there and got fixed afterwards and until middle of the 90s, the recuperator's reliability problem wasn't fixed. Also the mass production wasn't going as planned and also, including the 120 mm up-gun and maintenance cost, it took several times larger amount of money compared to M60 that the medias mocked M1 as 'expensive lemon'. It has been mocked for more than 10 years of mass production but after Gulf war everyone saw the performance of Abrams and shut their mouth up .

And so, I think it is just the same for F-35 Lightning II. We should keep waiting, and if the war takes place as in example in Israel, we will going to know if F-35 is piece of shit like the old F-104 or another master piece of Skunk Works.

Well said. And to the point. I remember a time when there were naysayers to the F16 platform. Now look. The F-16 is one example of an "ALL ROUND" Fighter. It has even been a source for inspiration for Japanese and Korean designs. The Mitsubishi F2 Fighter draws much inspiration from the F16, and the Korean F-50 Eagle Fighter is also based on the avionics of the F-16.

The naysayers will, ultimately, be blown out of the water when the F-35 takes role. This bird will be a game changer for land, naval-air operations.

Americans have lost their ability to make fighter jets. F-35 is delayed to beyond 2020.
100% false. The F-35B (Marines) is scheduled for initial operating capability in July 2015, F-35A (Air Force) in August 2016, and F-35C (Navy) in 2018.

@UKBengali ,@madokafc

;)

How much is tonnage of Izumo class & why aren't you building more bigger carriers,i assume it is a political constraint not a technical one Right?

Back
Top Bottom