What's new

Japan Economy Forum

I'm glad we're off to a good start in 2015. The fundamentals of friendship & co-operation is still the driving force in Sino-Japanese affairs. Let's hope when Abe & Xi meet next time they show some teeth. :D

Japan will soon be among top five tourist destinations. Japanese society is like a glimpse into future. In present day not visiting japan atleast once in a lifetime is like not having lived well. One can get an idea of how humanity will live like in the future by visiting japan. Just like Arab world provided a glimpse into future in middle ages as they invented the scientific method and now we live in the scientific age. Similarly modern ideas were born in europe during 19th century and visiting europe at that time meant getting an idea of the future course of humanity. That kind of position is held by japan today.

There are about 6 million Chinese tourists to visit S.Korea in 2014 while about 2 million to Japan.It's still a long way to go for a united EastAsia, so long that it seems a mission impossible.lol(but strategically speaking, this is in EU and USA's favor)

Japan will soon be among top five tourist destinations. Japanese society is like a glimpse into future. In present day not visiting japan atleast once in a lifetime is like not having lived well. One can get an idea of how humanity will live like in the future by visiting japan. Just like Arab world provided a glimpse into future in middle ages as they invented the scientific method and now we live in the scientific age. Similarly modern ideas were born in europe during 19th century and visiting europe at that time meant getting an idea of the future course of humanity. That kind of position is held by japan today.

Thank you @Gauss for such high confidence you have on Japanese society ! :)

There are about 6 million Chinese tourists to visit S.Korea in 2014 while about 2 million to Japan.It's still a long way to go for a united EastAsia, so long that it seems a mission impossible.lol(but strategically speaking, this is in EU and USA's favor)

Of course. A unified East Asia would be a threat to any world order. Imagine an integrated China, Korea, Japan.

Around 5 million Japanese visited China (Mainland + Hong Kong + Taiwan) this year.

Reminds me of a quote from Pliny the elder on Roman women buying silk from China (Seres).

"By the lowest reckoning, India, Seres and the Arabian peninsula take from our Empire 100 millions of sesterces every year: that is how much our luxuries and women cost us."

Pliny the Elder, Natural History 12.84.

Women in China covets 5000 dollar hand bags and 10,000 dollar diamond rings. Their husbands and fathers can only watch and shake their heads.

"It doesnt matter if a bag is Prada or Panda brand, if it holds your stuff it is a good bag."

- Quote from the worlds wisest gorilla. 23/01/2015

Reminds me of a quote from Pliny the elder on Roman women buying silk from China (Seres).

"By the lowest reckoning, India, Seres and the Arabian peninsula take from our Empire 100 millions of sesterces every year: that is how much our luxuries and women cost us."

Women in China covets 5000 dollar hand bags and 10,000 dollar diamond rings. Their husbands and fathers can only watch and shake their heads.

"It doesnt matter if a bag is Prada or Panda brand, if it holds your stuff it is a good bag."

ha ha ha ! such a wise quote from Master Gorilla . I'm sure @AgentOrange will agree. lol !

:lol: Very good thinking! But try to convince your girl friend or wife.:devil:

My friend & his wife went to a shop in Japan & bought a crazy priced handbag, when they were leaving the shop, it start to rain. The wife ask for the umbrella, open & walk away without sharing the umbrella. Told him the bag cannot get wet... So next time remember bring two umbrellas. :D

I dated a Teowchew girl for a while a couple of years back. One thing that i learn from being with her is that Jade is an important jewel, seriously she always wanted the best kind of Jade (expensive ones, lol). Before her i always thought Jade is Jade, but after being with her, i learned the different cuts of jade. And yes, she was a Lion and a Hawk @Yizhi -- i think i told you about my description before, lol.

I dated a Teowchew girl for a while a couple of years back. One thing that i learn from being with her is that Jade is an important jewel, seriously she always wanted the best kind of Jade (expensive ones, lol). Before her i always thought Jade is Jade, but after being with her, i learned the different cuts of jade. And yes, she was a Lion and a Hawk @Yizhi -- i think i told you about my description before, lol.
well, Jade is better than handbags. you can pass it down to your grandchildren someday.
i'll never understand the handbags....:cheesy:

well, Jade is better than handbags. you can pass it down to your grandchildren someday.
i'll never understand the handbags....:cheesy:

Also, its good luck, right? She said it brings good luck, lol.

Also, its good luck, right? She said it brings good luck, lol.
yep. but we Chinese have lot of things for good luck....and there are all kinds of good luck...Jade mainly represent nice personality and good health. it has more cultural meaning than gold or diamonds.
Teowchew girls are among the most traditional Chinese girls. well known for hardworking and taking care of the entire family. you were a lucky guy.:agree:

Back
Top Bottom