What's new

Japan Defence Forum

a fantastic development; a stronger Japan is absolutely vital for a peaceful Asia.
And as OP pointed out, Japan has every right and a justified need for developing nuclear armaments.

I bet you gonna support Japan with water canon as usual, Mr. cheerleader :rofl:

Why poke fun, he has the right to voice out his opinion here. He's not insulting anyone, but being rather civil about it.

Only him and me know what we're talking about...you're just new here, you have to dig threads from several years to fully understand.

I never really played as the Mongols ; usually it was as Japan, China, Byzantines , or the British.

The tactic i employ is civil decimation. The target shouldn't be military buildings such as castles, barracks. The target are the granaries, lumber mills, mines, and the workers. Wipe that out as well as town centers, then there is no way to support military growth. Target houses, homes, so you reduce the population limit.

Raize them all. And decimate it through attrition.

That's the most common strategy. But in some late post imperial age games when the banked resources are huge, a player can absorb loss of villagers and fight on with accumulated wealth while rebuilding.

Gradual encroachment plus suicicidal raids on soft economic spots is my late game tactic.

Welcome Development!!! Good to see Japan moving away from American sphere of influence.
Its been 70 years since the end of WW2 Global political environment has changed a lot since then. Opposing Japanese militarization now based on the war crimes committed 7 decades ago is stupid IMO as all major military powers have been accused of committing war crimes or genocide much more recently.

Gradual encroachment plus suicicidal raids on soft economic spots is my late game tactic.

In order to allow this to lead to success, you need at least an ally that can support / bankroll this so called suicide raid. It would be unwise to leave the entire kingdom completely unprotected, in the event that the entire army sent on a full fledged assault. In the event the enemy defeats , your army, the counteroffensive would be....devastating on one's economy. I suggest building a healthy amount of towers, castles for territorial defense at least. Just in case....

They're good, but a reactionary player will use a healthy defense of pikemen, archers. Magudais are good when striking unprotected resource areas. You can wreck havoc on enemy economy, tho. if handled properly. :)

Now i'm going to have to buy AoE on steam this weekend. :lol:

Pikeman and archers are cannon fodder for Mangudai. You need lots and lots of Skirmishers as someone mentioned above.
Here is nice thread about it.
Tactic Againts Mongols ?? (Mangudai) - counter :: Age of Empires II: HD Edition General Discussions

Well indeed why not? They have every right ot create a greater military might to defend its borders. If every country in the world can have a free armed force for its defence with its own policies then why not japan. The problem with US was in 1945 that it saw japan as a serious threat to the rise of super powers. It knew that japan if left alone would once again become a serious military might that next time might go further then pearl harbor thus it took the duty of defending the Japanese borders to keep japan demilitarized. However the trick was never going to last forever as eventually with all the success japan was bound to start thinking abt increasing its armed forces and defensive procedures.

Infact that trick I believe is the secret behind japans economical and technological rise. It didnt have to worry abt its defences It wasnt involved in any war due to the constitution and its defences were handled by the US. It allowed them to give complete focus on Their economy which is at the level of super power nations or perhaps even above. Now with that achieved they are trying for more defensive freedom and slowly but surely they will get it. I wont be surprised if in a couple decades japan ends up having a great armed force with state of the art missiles and weaponry and on the brink of announcing nuclear weaponry to the world. No joke. They are that good.

It would be in Pakistan's best interest to help them in any way it can and to support them at this. Japan will be a major contender in the future.

Japan may need a few of more PM like him and i think he will get it. It cant be blind to the fact that it ticks all the boxes except the military might one which has always been the main strength behind the super power nations rise in history.
if that happen, we will encourage india to bomb you back to stone age, and they will.

Last edited:
Very good move Japan!

I strongly believe Vietnamese government soon seeks a security alliance with our Japanese friends.

We will no longer tolerate chinese dirty bullying aggressive politics. Everything has a price.

You should remember who has brough stavation to Vietnamese in WWII and who still nourrish vietnamese with fresh water, your fate is on our hand...think twice.

Pikeman and archers are cannon fodder for Mangudai. You need lots and lots of Skirmishers as someone mentioned above.
Here is nice thread about it.
Tactic Againts Mongols ?? (Mangudai) - counter :: Age of Empires II: HD Edition General Discussions

Much thanks for the link. ;)

Well indeed why not? They have every right ot create a greater military might to defend its borders. If every country in the world can have a free armed force for its defence with its own policies then why not japan. The problem with US was in 1945 that it saw japan as a serious threat to the rise of super powers. It knew that japan if left alone would once again become a serious military might that next time might go further then pearl harbor thus it took the duty of defending the Japanese borders to keep japan demilitarized. However the trick was never going to last forever as eventually with all the success japan was bound to start thinking abt increasing its armed forces and defensive procedures.

Infact that trick I believe is the secret behind japans economical and technological rise. It didnt have to worry abt its defences It wasnt involved in any war due to the constitution and its defences were handled by the US. It allowed them to give complete focus on Their economy which is at the level of super power nations or perhaps even above. Now with that achieved they are trying for more defensive freedom and slowly but surely they will get it. I wont be surprised if in a couple decades japan ends up having a great armed force with state of the art missiles and weaponry and on the brink of announcing nuclear weaponry to the world. No joke. They are that good.

It would be in Pakistan's best interest to help them in any way it can and to support them at this. Japan will be a major contender in the future.

Japan may need a few of more PM like him and i think he will get it. It cant be blind to the fact that it ticks all the boxes except the military might one which has always been the main strength behind the super power nations rise in history.

@saiyan0321
Salam alaikum , my friend. The diplomatic relationship between Pakistan and Japan is growing, and it should grow further. I believe that Pakistan has a lot to offer in regional stability, and has a lot of potential to be a strong economy. As Japan enhances overseas developments, and expands on our relationships with other countries, i hope that both our countries will explore more options to help each other. Subhanallah !

Pakistan Zindabad ! Japan Zindabad !
pak-japan-640x480.jpg

In order to allow this to lead to success, you need at least an ally that can support / bankroll this so called suicide raid. It would be unwise to leave the entire kingdom completely unprotected, in the event that the entire army sent on a full fledged assault. In the event the enemy defeats , your army, the counteroffensive would be....devastating on one's economy. I suggest building a healthy amount of towers, castles for territorial defense at least. Just in case....

In online play against experienced players, there is no single standing army. Military buildings like barracks are built By Dozens and units qued up to almost instantly replenish the dead. Once you reach population cap, you must try to kill the enemy army faster then they can replenish which can be very.difficult.

Logistics is just as important as fighting.

This is where slow encroaching comes in for siege turtlling.

In online play against experienced players, there is no single standing army. Military buildings like barracks are built By Dozens and units qued up to almost instantly replenish the dead. Once you reach population cap, you must try to kill the enemy army faster then they can replenish which can be very.difficult.

Logistics is just as important as fighting.

This is where slow encroaching comes in for siege turtlling.

Interesting. I'll have to watch some youtube videos on these new tactics. Its been a while for me, i admit.

@OCguy ,
Our alliance with the United States is solid, and we have largely been intertwined through our economies and banking systems, as well as our military technology transfers and research development programs. Japan's designs for Asia and Pacific is complementary with that of our partners in maintaining stability and most importantly, Freedom of Navigation.

Yes Japan -US alliance is solid as Plazza- accord....As I alway said what Japan think is best for them will bring benefice to China indirectly.

Good on Japan. I think you've proven to be a peaceful country post wwII and have not threatened any country. I'm pretty sure the Philippines will support Japan all the way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom