What's new

Japan, Cambodia, Laos set to ink bilateral aviation accords

Aepsilons

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Tokyo is planning to ink bilateral aviation accords with Cambodia and Laos, allowing regular direct flights between Japan and the two countries.

Kazuyuki Nakane, Japan’s parliamentary vice-minister for foreign affairs, will visit the two Asian countries from Tuesday to Friday in order to sign the pacts, a Japanese news agency cited unnamed officials as saying.

Suffering from tense ties with China and South Korea, Japan’s move could be considered as part of efforts to boost relations with the two member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).

Japan would have aviation accords with all the ten member states of the ASEAN, once the agreements take effect.

Tokyo has increased investments in the two countries in recent years. In 2009, there were only 40 companies investing in Cambodia but the number soared up to above 170 in 2014. In Laos, the number of Japanese investors also doubled from 60 in 2012 to 120 in 2014.

According to Japanese government data, there has been a rise in the number of the country’s visitors to Cambodia-- from 146,286 in 2009 to 206,932 in 2013 – and Laos -- from 28,081 in 2009 to 48,644 in 2013.

PressTV-Japan aviation deals target ASEAN

Tokyo is planning to ink bilateral aviation accords with Cambodia and Laos, allowing regular direct flights between Japan and the two countries.

Kazuyuki Nakane, Japan’s parliamentary vice-minister for foreign affairs, will visit the two Asian countries from Tuesday to Friday in order to sign the pacts, a Japanese news agency cited unnamed officials as saying.

Suffering from tense ties with China and South Korea, Japan’s move could be considered as part of efforts to boost relations with the two member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).

Japan would have aviation accords with all the ten member states of the ASEAN, once the agreements take effect.

Tokyo has increased investments in the two countries in recent years. In 2009, there were only 40 companies investing in Cambodia but the number soared up to above 170 in 2014. In Laos, the number of Japanese investors also doubled from 60 in 2012 to 120 in 2014.

According to Japanese government data, there has been a rise in the number of the country’s visitors to Cambodia-- from 146,286 in 2009 to 206,932 in 2013 – and Laos -- from 28,081 in 2009 to 48,644 in 2013.

PressTV-Japan aviation deals target ASEAN

Wow China fall behind Japan and SK here ....
We must work harder to compete ... :-)

Wow China fall behind Japan and SK here ....
We must work harder to compete ... :-)

Lots of beautiful potential in Laos and Cambodia, buddy. But Laos is , in my opinion, an untapped beautiful country.

:smitten:

Lots of beautiful potential in Laos and Cambodia, buddy. But Laos is , in my opinion, an untapped beautiful country.

:smitten:

Wow that's marvelous country indeed.

Brilliant move by Japan! I might be slightly different from my compatriots, I respect Japan for its brilliance even it's a rival to my country. I wish China can catch up asap, watch out dude ... :-)

Brilliant move by Japan! I might be slightly different from my compatriots, I respect Japan for its brilliance even it's a rival to my country. I wish China can catch up asap, watch out dude ... :-)

I feel the same way, bro. China , too, has a role to help develop continental south east asia. The more we work together , the more both our countries can reap the benefits and dividends of a progressive ASEAN. China is lucky, truly, to have a land border with this region as it has so much potential !

Back
Top Bottom