What's new

Jamaat-e-Ahmadiyya pledges $15,000 donation for Pakistan’s dams

Jamaat-e-Ahmadiyya (JA) has announced to donate $15,000 in the dams fund after Prime Minister Imran Khan made an appeal to the local and overseas Pakistanis to help the country counter its water woes.

The Diamer-Bhasha and Mohmand dams fund set-up by Supreme Court Chief Justice Saqib Nisar and endorsed by PM Khan has crossed the Rs 4 billion mark. Notable persons from the business community and overseas Pakistanis have made donations for the cause that aims at resolving the issue of water scarcity in the country.

According to Rabwah Times, JA chief Mirza Masroor Ahmad wrote a letter to his party’s chapter in America, asking for a grant of $15,000 (Rs 1.8 million) in check from the central reserve via the Pakistani embassy.

“Apart from this, if anyone wants to send an amount at an individual level then they can hand it over through the Pakistani embassy,” he added.

People belonging to the Ahmadiyya community in different countries have also started making contributions in the cause to build dams in Pakistan, the report said, mentioning that overseas Ahmadi Pakistanis Abdul Saboor and Wajiha Chaudhry have already made a contribution of $1,000,000 (Rs 13 crore) in the dams fund.

abdul-saboor-wajiha-dams-fund-donation.jpg

Donation made by Ahmadi Pakistanis Abdul Saboor and Wajiha Chaudhry in dams fund

In September, renowned economist and member of the Economic Advisory Council (EAC) Dr Atif Mian had resigned from his post following a request by the government after mounting pressure from religio-political groups against the appointment of a member of Ahmadiyya community.

In a series of tweets, Atif Rehman Mian said that he resigned for the sake of stability of the PTI-led government. However, he said he will always be ready to serve Pakistan – the country where he was raised and which he loves.

Meanwhile, Ahmadi Pakistanis have lashed out at the premier over the ruling party’s inability to take a stand for Mian.

“I am an Ahmadi who donated to the Pakistani fund for dams. With my contribution, will the Islamic water and electricity get contaminated?” a Twitter user asked.

“I would actually request all haters that until Halal Bhasha Dam is constructed please stop using Haram waters of Mangla and Tarbela Dams as the planning, financing and construction of these was spearheaded by an Ahmadi (MM Ahmad),” another suggested.

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/20...ya-pledges-15000-donation-for-pakistans-dams/
I appreciate that but only 15000 USD? They are rich people can donate easily 1.5 million USD if not billion.

Anyways thank you Jamat e Ahamdiya for your service for this nation, I respect you people as non Muslim Pakistani since Kashmir war 1948 to this day....:tup:

lol Atif Mian ki advice nahe chaiye, par atif mian aur uski community kay pesay thek hain.

Lalchi Log !
Na doo bhai hum ne bheek nahien manghi thi....period.

Ahmadis are Kafirs.
There is difference between Kafir and Ghair Muslim (non believer)….Kafirs are those who wage war against you (Muslim) while tax payers non Muslims should not be called kafir at all....

They are non Muslim Pakistanis...

I appreciate that but only 15000 USD? They are rich people can donate easily 1.5 million USD if not billion.

Anyways thank you Jamat e Ahamdiya for your service for this nation, I respect you people as non Muslim Pakistani since Kashmir war 1948 to this day....:tup:

Na doo bhai hum ne bheek nahien manghi thi....period.

There is difference between Kafir and Ghair Muslim (non believer)….Kafirs are those who wage war against you (Muslim) while tax payers non Muslims should not be called kafir at all....

They are non Muslim Pakistanis...
That I was not aware of.

I thought Kafir loosely means "Non Muslim."

That I was not aware of.

I thought Kafir loosely means "Non Muslim."
No, Sir all non Muslim / Non believers are not Kafirs ….Those who oppose you and wage war on you called Kafir mean Kufar karney wala, Islam k khilaf jung karney wala….

Those Ahmadiya who speak against Islam and Pakistan and do propaganda against Islam like Dr. Atik etc are Kafirs….

And those Qadiayani Ahmadi who think themselves Pakistani and accept constitution of Pakistan are not Kafir but loyal non Muslim Pakistanis...They gave their lives during wars to save Pakistan....They volunteer during 1948 war under the name of Al Furqan and help us to liberate part of Kashmir.

@Oscar
Your thoughts?

No, Sir all non Muslim / Non believers are not Kafirs ….Those who oppose you and wage war on you called Kafir mean Kufar karney wala, Islam k khilaf jung karney wala….

Those Ahmadiya who speak against Islam and Pakistan and do propaganda against Islam like Dr. Atik etc are Kafirs….

And those Qadiayani Ahmadi who think themselves Pakistani and accept constitution of Pakistan are not Kafir but loyal non Muslim Pakistanis...They gave their lives during wars to save Pakistan....They volunteer during 1948 war under the name of Al Furqan and help us to liberate part of Kashmir.

@Oscar
Your thoughts?
I accept Ahmadis as a Non Muslim minority in Pakistan.

Ahmadis have the right to be treated like any other minority, but Ahmadis must accept minority status.

thank a lot but please do not write this down as a favor done to Pakistan in your history books.
we all owe to our ppl/land/contri

@Oscar
Your thoughts?
Perfectly put, the issue is two pronged
1. Theological
2. Clergies

1. Theological issues will still continue with the Qadiyanis regardless of individuals going against the claims of prophethood; unless the entire body issues a declaration and even by then too much “bad blood” has now passed under the bridge.

2.The leadership of the community has loyalties spread out(like other sects too but theirs is more bonded like the Ismailis or Bohris) which makes their followers/members subject to influence.

Nobody is doing any favour to anyone but themselves, their childern and their coming generations, when they contribute towards making dams. Future water crisis, if we don't act now, will hit each and everyone of us, without exception, muslim or non muslim.

Jamaat-e-Ahmadiyya (JA) has announced to donate $15,000 in the dams fund after Prime Minister Imran Khan made an appeal to the local and overseas Pakistanis to help the country counter its water woes.

The Diamer-Bhasha and Mohmand dams fund set-up by Supreme Court Chief Justice Saqib Nisar and endorsed by PM Khan has crossed the Rs 4 billion mark. Notable persons from the business community and overseas Pakistanis have made donations for the cause that aims at resolving the issue of water scarcity in the country.

According to Rabwah Times, JA chief Mirza Masroor Ahmad wrote a letter to his party’s chapter in America, asking for a grant of $15,000 (Rs 1.8 million) in check from the central reserve via the Pakistani embassy.

“Apart from this, if anyone wants to send an amount at an individual level then they can hand it over through the Pakistani embassy,” he added.

People belonging to the Ahmadiyya community in different countries have also started making contributions in the cause to build dams in Pakistan, the report said, mentioning that overseas Ahmadi Pakistanis Abdul Saboor and Wajiha Chaudhry have already made a contribution of $1,000,000 (Rs 13 crore) in the dams fund.

abdul-saboor-wajiha-dams-fund-donation.jpg

Donation made by Ahmadi Pakistanis Abdul Saboor and Wajiha Chaudhry in dams fund

In September, renowned economist and member of the Economic Advisory Council (EAC) Dr Atif Mian had resigned from his post following a request by the government after mounting pressure from religio-political groups against the appointment of a member of Ahmadiyya community.

In a series of tweets, Atif Rehman Mian said that he resigned for the sake of stability of the PTI-led government. However, he said he will always be ready to serve Pakistan – the country where he was raised and which he loves.

Meanwhile, Ahmadi Pakistanis have lashed out at the premier over the ruling party’s inability to take a stand for Mian.

“I am an Ahmadi who donated to the Pakistani fund for dams. With my contribution, will the Islamic water and electricity get contaminated?” a Twitter user asked.

“I would actually request all haters that until Halal Bhasha Dam is constructed please stop using Haram waters of Mangla and Tarbela Dams as the planning, financing and construction of these was spearheaded by an Ahmadi (MM Ahmad),” another suggested.

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/20...ya-pledges-15000-donation-for-pakistans-dams/
Ahmadi Muslim ? Ahmadis are not Muslim by the law of land so should be rejected and only accepted after correction

Back
Top Bottom