What's new

J20: flight test with JF-17 chase

@ BlackEagle : Mate, your nick keeps reminding me of the Korean 'BlackEagles' from RedAlert 2 ! Ever played that game ?

J-20 is so bulky, the way it took off, it certainly needs a new pair of engines, at least 25% more thrust.

They will likely keep the 3D TVC feature, because the 2D TVC one from F-22 is not that practical. :coffee:
I kind of disagree here. I don't think 3D TVC is necessary at all in most of situations. The movement of the YAW axis is not very important in any combat maneuvers. Most of aircraft combat maneuvers are along the roll and pitch axis which 2D TVC already has covered.

709px-Yaw_Axis_Corrected.svg.png

I kind of disagree here. I don't think 3D TVC is necessary at all in most of situations. The movement of the YAW axis is not very important in any combat maneuvers. Most of aircraft combat maneuvers are along the roll and pitch axis which 2D TVC already has covered.

709px-Yaw_Axis_Corrected.svg.png

Well, we will wait to see the WS-15 engine's nozzle is up/down like F119 or it is the one with 360 degree rotation. :coffee:

^^^^^You're right.

The advantage of 3D TVC over 2D TVC is minimal(<15%)

^^^^^You're right.

The advantage of 3D TVC over 2D TVC is minimal(<15%)

I would say much less than that, maybe 5% difference there.

Well, we will wait to see the WS-15 engine's nozzle is up/down like F119 or it is the one with 360 degree rotation. :coffee:
Usefulness aside, I do think those round engine nozzles look ugly on airplanes like J-20 and T-50. Something really needs to be done about those.

Here is a quote that might have something add to this.
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom