What's new

J&K: Infiltrators occupy Indian village along the LoC, say sources

Is it just conincidence that with NS comes increasing agression? Can someone from Pakistan throw some light please.

That fact that IA commanders are denying this puts the onus on the Indian Media for resorting to yellow journalism in an effort to push ratings.

As I had told Secur wait for Arnab Gowami to get a hold of this. We need to wait, let the operation be concluded and the AO sanitized. ONLY THEN can we look into the enemy KIAs recovered and establish their identities and parent organisations. Considering that the original reports even got the name of the "ghost village" wrong I do not have any great expectations from them.

12 militants killed till now...wonder how many would have got through...a wild guess...if 100 militants entered IOK and 10 got killed, but 90 made it...:)

Hazaaron Khwayishen aisi ki har khwayish pe dum nikle ;)

Your freedom fighters have been cornered and are getting picked off one at a time in a turkey shoot..

On one side NS talks about friendship with India and in reality this happens..

when will Pakistan stop cross border terrorism?
the day we liberate Kashmir.it does not matter even if have to cleanse 700000+ Occupying indian forces

12 militants killed till now...wonder how many would have got through...a wild guess...if 100 militants entered IOK and 10 got killed, but 90 made it...:)

Only 30-40 entered of which 20-25 have been killed the remaining militants have been trapped in a 700m*400m area.

He can b@rk as much as he wants.

gth0100l.jpg

dachshund.jpg

No one gives a damn bone.

As I had told Secur wait for Arnab Gowami to get a hold of this. We need to wait, let the operation be concluded and the AO sanitized. ONLY THEN can we look into the enemy KIAs recovered and establish their identities and parent organisations. Considering that the original reports even got the name of the "ghost village" wrong I do not have any great expectations from them.

The weird and rather odd spectre to this whole story is that there is absolute silence on the Pakistani front other than the diplomats in India. Unlike the LOC incident where both sides were blowing hard on the jingoism horn; here it's only the Indian side while in Pakistan the only thing negative against India being reported on the mainstream headlines is Pranab Mukherjee's statements. The ISPR is eerie silent other than denying that it has anything to do with this. Everyone seems to be focused on the Taliban peace talks and possible operation if those fail. More so, the Corps Commanders conference did not seem to have this issue on the table.

So (IF) unless this is an entirely brigade level(or even regimental) operation, it seems that the PA's only contribution is turning a blind eye to whosoever is walking through. I highly doubt that any element of PA including SF is involved and these are essentially well trained LeT fighters who've had the whole year to prepare. Whether they've had assistance or not is as you pointed out at this time..conjecture.

Yaara toh mard ki tarah lado chuuhon ki tarah kyu aa rahe ho?
Lol kyoun ghusa kar rahay ho. Tum tou chuhoun ki tarah anay par itna rotay ho tou sahi jab ayain tou tum log tou mar jao gay.gay hind

Ha Ha Ha HAAAA I thought Pakistan is a state of terror harbor, never knew its a state of day dreamers
lol terror harbours can become terror unleashers. And who are we harbouring them for???? EXCLUSIVELY FOR India

BTW if anyone noticed. Apparently, they're penetrating down south as well. There's another thread in which TN state police and Andhra special units hunted down some terrorists from a new outfit called Al Umar. Looks like people are not safe anywhere now and the only way to escape from this problem is to take it head on and crush it.

The weird and rather odd spectre to this whole story is that there is absolute silence on the Pakistani front other than the diplomats in India. Unlike the LOC incident where both sides were blowing hard on the jingoism horn; here it's only the Indian side while in Pakistan the only thing negative against India being reported on the mainstream headlines is Pranab Mukherjee's statements. The ISPR is eerie silent other than denying that it has anything to do with this. Everyone seems to be focused on the Taliban peace talks and possible operation if those fail. More so, the Corps Commanders conference did not seem to have this issue on the table.

So (IF) unless this is an entirely brigade level(or even regimental) operation, it seems that the PA's only contribution is turning a blind eye to whosoever is walking through. I highly doubt that any element of PA including SF is involved and these are essentially well trained LeT fighters who've had the whole year to prepare. Whether they've had assistance or not is as you pointed out at this time..conjecture.

How many times Kargil was talked about by ISPR between Jan and July of 1999, except denials of PA's involvement. So that does not fit well as a parameter to determine whether PA has a role in this or not.

But all we can do is wait for IA to release a formal update.. Or I could just make a Army Canteen run and fish for rumors :D

BTW if anyone noticed. Apparently, they're penetrating down south as well. There's another thread in which TN state police and Andhra special units hunted down some terrorists from a new outfit called Al Umar. Looks like people are not safe anywhere now and the only way to escape from this problem is to take it head on and crush it.

Mate - Al Umma was active in Coimbatore, TN in 1990s - They were neutralized after the public opinion turned against these terrorists due to crimes like bombing Advani's meeting and causing deaths, stabbing a newly married traffic policeman who was just doing his job. I am seeing the news about Al-Umma after a long time but saw that they were responsible for killing some BJP leaders in TN as well.

P.S - one of the elite members here became a right wing Hindutva supporter after being affected by these incidents as he is from that place(I would not say who but will not take much of a guessing - had a conversation with him in this forum few months back)

@Oscar Your thread merging erased my last post. :angry:

Okay here we go again.

070tzT9.png

The above picture represents the AO-

Legend-

1) Black mark- the nullah, probable route of ingress for the infiltrators.

2) Crimson mark- the "abandoned village" situated in a clearing which is surrounded on all for sides by foliage starting roughly 200 meters from the center of the clearing.

The LOC is clearly visible.

The scope of the current operation entails two broad objectives. First, to contain the infiltrators in the clearing and the abandoned buildings. Secondly, to flood the surrounding foliage with boots to dominate the area in order to ensure that smaller groups cannot execute a break out. The reason that the infiltrators have been corned in that area is because the IA was able to act in a timely manner and with adequate speed. The infiltrators did no ingress to hunker down in an abandoned village. They were using it as a way point and a place for rest due to the virtue of it providing built up shelter sans any habitation on our side of the LOC, normally the infiltrators would have proceeded from this area deeper into the hinterland to either lie dormant or to attack designated targets. Before they could commence on said further ingress they were cut off by the IA. The time and scale of the operation is dictated by the nature of the terrain prevalent in the AO. With plenty of crevices and natural cover (which can be exploited to provide defilade) it behooves us to take our time and cordon off the area from the three sides (broadly speaking) from which we can operate. A further challenge is imposed by the fact that AO lies only 150 or so meters across the LOC and thus PA regulars on the other side may get tempted to exploit the dynamic nature of such exchanges of fire to inflict casualties upon our jawaan in a manner which shall be extremely difficult for us to trace back to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many times Kargil was talked about by ISPR between Jan and July of 1999, except denials of PA's involvement. So that does not fit well as a parameter to determine whether PA has a role in this or not.

But all we can do is wait for IA to release a formal update.. Or I could just make a Army Canteen run and fish for rumors :D

It does, at the end the eventual statement has to be from the IA and not the Canteen walla.

It does, at the end the eventual statement has to be from the IA and not the Canteen walla.

Err.. The people in the Canteen I was talking to are also IA ... :)

though not official spokesmen....

However, the point here was that a simple silence (except denial of involvement) by ISPR here does not imply non involvement of PA since the same pattern of denial was visible during Kargil and we all know how true those denials were.

Back
Top Bottom