What's new

J-31 possibly being tested & evaluated in Pakistan

i didn't say that Su-35 is the only 4.5 gen fighter.. EFT, Rafale is also there..

Nothing in consideration so far from such list due to unavoidable circumstances.

blk3 will be same as blk2 the Light-weight fighter jet

While looking at the border size/airspace as much it is stretched, we don't need heavies that too on urgent basis (could be like a white elephant under current financial picture as well as the plans of future) however, we can say that upcoming JFT block-III with AESA, HMD, HOBS, possibly IRST is going to serve the purpose very well that too when the AESA is expected about to have a range of almost 170-180 KM. Furthermore, a stealth featured JFT like Block-IV could be imagined as well which may supplement the real 5th Generation plane in coming years or so.

I hope you doesn't mean that NGF will be J-31..

As far as, things made it out from the close doors, it is just NGF and what it could be, only coming time will tell but I am sure and hopeful as well that things are into consideration as well as worked upon on much more higher level while keeping in view the requirement and need of hour that PAF do not makes decisions in desperation but works upon the planning as well as the doctrine which is being defined while keeping in view the needs and must as well. Also, I wouldn't wish for off the shelf shopping so most probably JVs like we did at the time of JFT.

Above the all, in-case of Pakistan, it is mostly like things are kept under wraps until & unless a favourable time to show so, as per the sources, a lot of things are happening behind the doors. Hope for the best.

The J31 is top secret state of the art fifth generation project. The chinease have spent billions $$$$$$

The work shops labs techncians are inn CAC in china

Why on earth would the send one of three operational prototypes to a foreign distant land.

They are no where near ready to announce its successful Intial operational clearance so they have no desire to be pushing its export.

I CAN SEE A J10 being tested in Pakistan or Mideast as threy are mature safe planes with decade of service AND china wants to achieve sales.

BUT J31 cant be risked .....no chance

J-31 is long range and still no final specs are decided. CFTs r most probably coming to it too...plus J-20 is just tooooooo much for us and we wont even look for it...Write it "PAKFA will never come to india" , I would say that F-35 may have a chance in india later but india will be stuck in a very big problem after indicting rafale as it cannot manage too many platforms...india is far from managing its jets....we have perfectly managed each and every jet....also dont forget PAF is a defensive not offensive force so our requiremtns are differnt thatn theirs...i think , we may also go for JH-7B in future as 2 squadrons and also with J-31 , JF-17 ,F-16 PAF would work on this next gen project definitely to replace F-16 and older thunders
1) J-31 is about the size of f-35 which is single engine, but j-31 is twin engine so less space available for armament.
2) F-35 is to replace F-16 while F-22 to replace F-15 as air superiority fighter and its also considerably bigger than f-35.
3) In china J-31 is counterpart of f-35 and j-20 for f-22.
In the light of above mentioned 3 facts, how can you say that j-31 is a long range plane???

Secondly, India is also a part of PAKFA...Russia will never cancel a program from which it is sure to make handsome amount of $$$$..so about this point you are completely delusional.

Thirdly, JH-7 is not talked about by PAF at all. and even if we induct it it will still be a 4th gen platform. I have learned Jh-7 is more of a bomber.(i might be wrong on that correct me if that's the case.) we surely need another platform like Su35 or EFT type which can deny enemies air superiority over our air space.

So far PAF's future plan is JF-17,F-16,J-31 and ingenious stealth platform(which according to my understanding will be a single engine)...This will give a defensive force for sure in future. But remember PAF achieved its goals in previous wars beacause of offensive action not defensive..that's why we need something like J-20 or TFX which can give us that extra punch if we need to win the wars....I was watching an indian defence show...and a retired army officer said a line which i really liked...that Wars are fought to win....But i hear here all our senior members and all the assets available to us that we can survive a war...that is the fundamental flaw in our strategy.

The J31 is top secret state of the art fifth generation project. The chinease have spent billions $$$$$$

The work shops labs techncians are inn CAC in china

Why on earth would the send one of three operational prototypes to a foreign distant land.

They are no where near ready to announce its successful Intial operational clearance so they have no desire to be pushing its export.

I CAN SEE A J10 being tested in Pakistan or Mideast as threy are mature safe planes with decade of service AND china wants to achieve sales.

BUT J31 cant be risked .....no chance

Neither could Advanced Chinese Nuclear Weapons systems and their designs be risked to Pakistan either. We all know what happened with that assertion. Just as then, so is now. :azn:

I dont deny the news but i must say that to me it seems far fetched. I dont think the second prototype was demonstrated in Zuhai. It is still not ready so why would it travel to pakistan. I twould agree that it may have had input from PAF pilots, may even have been evaluated locally(in China) by PAF and designing may have taken PAF engineering input but frankly I dont see them sending a prototype to Pakistan just yet. my 2 paisas worth
A

Last edited:
mean while i've also heard some news that Chinese J 20 is also in Pakistan for testing flights along with J 31 , i'm not sure about any of them btw. Please confirm with source if it is really happening.
J 31 Stealth Fighter :
j31.jpg

J 20 Stealth Fighter :
j_20_chinese_stealth_fighter_by_quatrefoil24-d3g2zx1-1024x640.jpg

No J-31's are ok but not that good. PAF should go for F-35's, those are far Superior.
upload_2016-11-15_21-2-24.png

mean while i've also heard some news that Chinese J 20 is also in Pakistan for testing flights along with J 31 , i'm not sure about any of them btw. Please confirm with source if it is really happening.
J 31 Stealth Fighter :
View attachment 352125

J 20 Stealth Fighter :
j_20_chinese_stealth_fighter_by_quatrefoil24-d3g2zx1-1024x640.jpg

Nothing, nada zilch in this case except rumors to seek attention and knowingall feeling.

Tim3s are high to the some hence a rumor a day which is injurious indeed.

Forget J20, F35, Eurofighter, SU35 and all other XYZ options. They are not for Pakistan. Pakistan is not going to get anything except J31 or TFX or maybe something JF17 type option. Rest are only for Fan boys. Kindly Don't bring it here like every other thread.

Back
Top Bottom