What's new

J-20 external fuel tank

Is there a need to post this report in that font-size !!!???

To admit, Tyler ROGOWAY is an idiot !

He cannot differ between an old and a new prototype - both are from the Batch 10 LRIP-block - and also the latest "increasingly missionized aircraft" is simply from the same batch.

Deino

It's a direct copy paste from the article, hence the font.

it will compromise stealth as well as maneuverability and speed.J20 will have to drop all 4 tanks , if not then 2 atleast if it will enter a dogfight .
Stealth fighter are not meant to perform or engage in dog fight.
Even dog fight concept is near end with extended bvr capability.

Stealth fighter are not meant to perform or engage in dog fight.
Not true. Whenever you make this kind of declaration, you need to provide supporting arguments.

Even dog fight concept is near end with extended bvr capability.
This is at best debatable. There is a new dent in the argument that WVR engagements are no longer necessary. Namely, when neighbors are at war against each other.

When countries who are literally next door to each other and are warring against each other, extraordinary care must, or at least should, be given as to reduce the odds of 'collateral damages', aka civilian deaths. This means air forces maybe compelled to extract visual identifications of aircrafts before assigning them any kind of status.

So, J-20 main 'job' will infiltrate enemy defense area and 'kill'/intercept several target after long journey. Some sort 'ninja' or assassins with wing. Correct me if I wrong, then J-20 not designated as main superiority fighter?

So, J-20 main 'job' will infiltrate enemy defense area and 'kill'/intercept several target after long journey. Some sort 'ninja' or assassins with wing. Correct me if I wrong, then J-20 not designated as main superiority fighter?

It is a fully fledged air superior fighter ! But that does not exclude to have additional options.

Back
Top Bottom