What's new

J-18 strike fighter?

Akasa

Reaction score
Country
Canada
"It was rumored that a new heavy fighter bomber (J-18?) based on J-16 is being developed at 601/SAC since early 2010s. It features a widened twin-seat cockpit similar to Russian Su-34 and adjustable leading edge vortex controllers similar to Russian T-50. First flight was rumored to have taken place on October 27, 2015 but this has not been confirmed."

From the ever-reliable Henri K.:

(note: image is only fanart and may not be accurate)
EjGJChb.jpg

In energy market - "Buyer is stronger than the supplier"

It's not about fear, but a compromise between Sino-Russian business relations (which impacts China's energy imports) and making pocket money from selling jets.

In energy market - "Buyer is stronger than the supplier"

Not when China is trying to be independent from Middle Eastern oil, which has to transit the Strait of Malacca, a major potential chokepoint in the event of a conflict.

The answer is securing Gwadar both economically and militarily. I think we will be hosting PLAN at PNS-Base Jinnah in Gwadar by 2020. It will cut down the "Malaca Migraine" by 5000km. China is buying 1.5 BBL of oil a year and what i think is that China needs to diversify its oil intake. Once the trans-central-asian pipeline is ready we can build an oil & gas pipeline from Iran as well as a submarine pipeline from GCC. GCC, Iran, Russia will become Chinese energy suppliers through pipelines and Malaca problem will be solved. This is what the whole CPEC project is all about, its essentially ground work infrastructure needed to start the phase-2 which is to bring energy to China from ME via Pakistan.

Not when China is trying to be independent from Middle Eastern oil, which has to transit the Strait of Malacca, a major potential chokepoint in the event of a conflict.

Depends on how far the airframe deviates from the original Sukhoi line and whether China wants to risk ruffling Russia's feathers.
just look at it! it's a hybrid of a sukhoi and a shenyang. china would be wise to actually buying licences of the su-34 with full tot and get export rights and design rights which include in-house modification. then pakistan has an opportunity to get them. but that's hypothetical and will not happen.
as for the so-called "j-18" i wish china the best in their endeavours.
but i think pakistan will not get a sukhoi from either china or russia. the j31 is the answer to your prayers @Horus .

The answer is securing Gwadar both economically and militarily. I think we will be hosting PLAN at PNS-Base Jinnah in Gwadar by 2020. It will cut down the "Malaca Migraine" by 5000km. China is buying 1.5 BBL of oil a year and what i think is that China needs to diversify its oil intake. Once the trans-central-asian pipeline is ready we can build an oil & gas pipeline from Iran as well as a submarine pipeline from GCC. GCC, Iran, Russia will become Chinese energy suppliers through pipelines and Malaca problem will be solved. This is what the whole CPEC project is all about, its essentially ground work infrastructure needed to start the phase-2 which is to bring energy to China from ME via Pakistan.

Well, how long with the entire process take? I'm not sure how a naval base at Gwadar would somehow divert oil traffic from Malacca and I don't think pipelines are the definitive solution.

I think it should rolling by 2020. Pipelines are a good solution as long as they are diversified from multiple sources and China keeps a sizable emergency reserve. Precisely whats going on right now.

Well, how long with the entire process take? I'm not sure how a naval base at Gwadar would somehow divert oil traffic from Malacca and I don't think pipelines are the definitive solution.

China would have to grow out of this fear of pissing off Russia if it is to rise as a power on its own.

I'm sure it will, once it becomes 100% independent militarily. Right now aircraft engines, submarine technology and a few things here and there, seems to be holding them back.

Chinese have made great progress, there is a sizeable Pakistani contingent permanently stationed to work on joint projects in Chengdu, Xia and other cities. There are a number of bottlenecks China needs to overcome which will eventually happen in due time.

I'm sure it will, once it becomes 100% independent militarily. Right now aircraft engines, submarine technology and a few things here and there, seems to be holding them back.

Wow, I didn't even see J-16 in full operation, T-50 too.

Back
Top Bottom