J-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Shenyang Jian-11 (J-11) is a Chinese licensed copy of the Russian Sukhoi Su-27SK single-seat fighter aircraft. Under the 1996 agreement between Shenyang Aircraft Industry Company (SAC) and Sukhoi, China would build 200 J-11/Su-27SK fighters, initially using Russian supplied kits and later with greater indigenous contents. China is also seeking to upgrade the J-11 with better avionics and weapon suites, and is currently developing a new turbofan engine and fire-control radar for aircraft.

Source: Sino

If it was possible for China to sell J-11 to us, should we have gone with it? Know that PAF prefers one engine aircrafts rather than 2 engine ones. J-11 is one big beast that can fight with Su-30s, not to mention it is from Su-30 is a Su-27 variant. The Indian version is said to be one of the most advanced Su-30s out there due to combination of Russian, Western and Israeli technology in it.

Although Chinese MKK is also not bad, but China is making the Su-30 even more strong by building. Su-30MK3

Sukhoi Design Bureau is currently developing the Su-30MK3 fighter, which features a new fire-control radar and an improved version of the AL-31 engine. Possible radar options may include the aforementioned Phazotron Zhuk-MS and a new active phased array radar called the “Panda” being developed by the Tikomirov Bureau. This radar could have a 190km range against airborne targets, or 300km against surface ships. Either radar would be able to support usage of the Kh-59MK air-to-surface missile. However, it is not clear whether the PLA would be interested in acquiring any of this model.

The aircraft will be equipped with Al-31 engine, with a new phased array radar. The radar range will be 190KM! :ChinaFlag: :PakistanFlag:

I suppose, Arjun can you tell us about Su-30 Radar and what is BARS? What is the maximum range of Su-30MKI in which it can fire the BVR missiles? What is the range of radar detection?

I would like to know so then we can compare Su-30MKI with Su-30MK3 ;)

Is it possible for Pakistan to go for 50-80 of these babies from china and equip them with western avionics and radar.

Originally posted by Ahsan Farooqui@Oct 19 2005, 08:31 PM
I suppose, Arjun can you tell us about Su-30 Radar and what is BARS? What is the maximum range of Su-30MKI in which it can fire the BVR missiles? What is the range of radar detection?

I would like to know so then we can compare Su-30MKI with Su-30MK3 ;)
[post=1028]Quoted post[/post]​

Range of BARS phased array radar is nearly 200 kms in air to air mode. But 160-170 km is stated ideal for clearly detecting fighter sized targets !!! :bunny:

In air - ground mode its maximum range is upto 400 kms !! It can detect small targets like tanks at 40-50 Kms ! :worshippy:

Missiles are R77, R27 whose ranges I stated earlier in Mig21 Bison section .

Originally posted by Arjun@Oct 20 2005, 08:56 AM
Range of BARS phased array radar is nearly 200 kms in air to air mode. But 160-170 km is stated ideal for clearly detecting fighter sized targets !!! :bunny:

In air - ground mode its maximum range is upto 400 kms !! It can detect small targets like tanks at 40-50 Kms ! :worshippy:

Missiles are R77, R27 whose ranges I stated earlier in Mig21 Bison section .
[post=1041]Quoted post[/post]​

So MK3 will obviously take lead in air to air for about 20 KMs, and the detecting range of MK3 for naval role will be 300KM! :ChinaFlag:

They have the access to latest russian BVRs, so once MK3 comes, its over for MKI to take lead. MKK is alright not bad, but little inferrior to Su-30MKI.

Arjun, can you please tell me why so many Indians think that MKI is Su-37? :frusty:

Originally posted by Ahsan Farooqui@Oct 21 2005, 08:49 PM
Arjun, can you please tell me why so many Indians think that MKI is Su-37? :frusty:
[post=1108]Quoted post[/post]​

Whats Su 37 ??? :blink:

I once heard an advanced swept wing design called Su37/47(Berkut) !!! But it was technology demonstration and a platform for testing advanced aveonics and equipments.

Many advanced tech from the above have been integrated into Su30 MKI !!! :bounce:

will our F-16blk52 CJ/DJ b able to counter MKI??

Originally posted by Owais@Oct 22 2005, 06:17 PM
will our F-16blk52 CJ/DJ b able to counter MKI??
[post=1128]Quoted post[/post]​

Of course, but comparing these two aircrafts is not worth discussing as both aircrafts for mainly different roles.

U.S has F-15 despite of having 1000 of F-16s in its inventory why? because F-15s purpose is totally different and F-15 is used for totally different missions.

Such F-15 can do long range missions, with a far heavy payload than F-16. F-16s gets used in short-range missions and their main purpose is defence. It is an awesome aircraft being multi-role providing support to ground forces as well as air support for tactical missions.

F-16s with HARM, and couple other advanced missiles such as SLAM is probably the biggest danger to enemy's ground forces, and it also provides disadvantages to enemy.

Su-30MKI is more like F-15 so really not worth discussing.

If you want to discuss you may discuss Mig-29, Mirage-2000's, Jaguars, or even Mig-21s which come in the same class as F-16, and worth debating.

I thought that our JF17 can take good care of Mig-29, Mirage-2000's and Jaguars! :(

Who said they can't. I am sure they can. JF-17 is a pretty good fighter with western avionics and russian radar that gets fitted in Mig-29s.

But the question is which fighter will be able to counter Su-30MKI? We currently have no fighter that can do long range missions, track multiple targets, and act like a mini AWACs.

Originally posted by Arjun@Oct 22 2005, 03:06 PM
Whats Su 37 ??? :blink:
I once heard an advanced swept wing design called Su37/47(Berkut) !!! But it was technology demonstration and a platform for testing advanced aveonics and equipments.
Many advanced tech from the above have been integrated into Su30 MKI !!! :bounce:
[post=1122]Quoted post[/post]​

SU-37 code name Terminator is from the SU-30 family it is the enhanced version of the SU-35 and 37 is called the super flanker below is the link so that you can get more information on this jet....link to the SU-3

Originally posted by [B
Owais ,Oct 23 2005, 03:47 PM]
I thought that our JF17 can take good care of Mig-29, Mirage-2000's and Jaguars! :(
[post=1153]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

YES Owais JF-17 is quite capable to take on any plane in IAF inventory except the MKI..... :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom