What's new

It's GE F-414 for LCA Mk-II; EJ-200 loses the race in photo finish

So what has happened.. why is the standard procedure was not followed.... Eurojet should have won.. Why is the stupid MoD is behaving like this?.. Earlier report said Eurojet quoted less and now GE is the lowest Bidder.. how come?

I hoped Eurojet wins

here is that report that states that EJ200 bid was 20% lower then GE.
Eurojet pips GE in LCA engine bid
Europe has an edge over the US in the tightly-fought contest to sell India a next-generation engine for the homegrown Tejas light combat aircraft (LCA). Informed sources have told Business Standard that when the bids were opened last week, European consortium Eurojet bid $666 million for 99 EJ200 engines, against US rival General Electric, which quoted $822 million.

Both engines had been earlier adjudged technically suitable to power the Tejas Mark-II. Therefore, according to the ministry of defence’s procurement rules, the vendor offering the lower price is to be handed the contract.
Eurojet pips GE in LCA engine bid

the report was published on 20th sep in business standard , a leading news agency.

how , the thing just changes in 10 days anybody's guess..

IF we want to go for it.. then why tender in the first case?... Let them win by fair procedure not by pressure...

Guys are F-18 useless,can it beat F-16 Blk 52,rafael,typhoon??????
wats ur opinion?

F-18 is a sitting duck.. it wont be able to beat Tejas forget about F-16...

oops now tejas is also sitting duck.. only our formidable mig 21 can save us :cry:

wats ur opinion?

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

wats ur opinion?

My opinion is that you need to research more.. ;)

so wat india is going to offer sarkozy,medmev??.mrca is given to obama if??

:no::no::no:,may be another billion dollar deal.india dont let any body left empty handed.

You 're talking as if we are free to spend any amount... billion dollar is the effort of millions of Indians.. We have to spend it correctly and calculatedly..

something was always fishy about LCA engine bid.

the mistry has only deepen.

You 're talking as if we are free to spend any amount... billion dollar is the effort of millions of Indians.. We have to spend it correctly and calculatedly..

sir ji money speaks a lot.i understand ur point.but mrca is just like cream.every country had an eye for this.so to make them happy,u have to give them something

The way cost of F/a-18 is reducing each passing day. I will not consider it a bad deal if They offer a couple of dozens of E/A-18G with SH along with AIM-120D...

Anyways if GE-414EPE is on offer then it also suggests that our own efforts in Single-blade tech are successful.

sir ji money speaks a lot.i understand ur point.but mrca is just like cream.every country had an eye for this.so to make them happy,u have to give them something

boss.. india is not god to make every one happy .. if we are like that then our country will become another somalia.. please understand economics .. strong spending is encouraged but you need to balance that with earnings.. so we need to spend it in right way.. we are not holding any museum here to buy every stuff to please every one... In defence we will buy what is needed for our security..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom