What's new

It is a matter of deep regret if the lady judge and the judiciary have been offended: Imran Khan's reply in the High Court

saying sorry is a decent and civilised thing to do. this response is to that position and the person. regardless of her judgements.
there are civilised alternatives to express disagreements and displeasure.
Sir G, you are very right, if we say sorry for our mistakes/errs.
Only I dare to differ on it when one has to be sorry to the 'powerful' when he/she did abuse his/her position. It shows that the one who says sorry is not up to the principles taught to us. Even, though I was unable to find any such example in Islam, if there is any, please do share.

The 'civilized' way to express disagreement/displeasure will always be harsh for those who are on the strong side of the line. They will be more aggressive towards you, judging that you are weak and could not dare to stand.
Such things only work in those societies where humanity, truth, sincerity, and care towards others prevail.

if one criticises political opponents of bad manners , intimidation and use of foul language then such behaviour must be avoided.
People are calling opponents bad names when others are convicted by the court of law and could not prove their innocence, but maligned those who caught them red-handed.
A thief/murderer/robber/fraudster/savage is to be remembered with such titles, there is no alternative and it is the norm in every society, else in the languages in the world, no such words should be there.

although late but good step.

again, the apology is to the position of justice not just an individual.
Here IK tries to take avoid so many confrontations against himself and just show remorse, as the more harsh words from others are ignored and every word from IK is liable to lodge an FIR and that is how the system is recently tweaked to work.

This was a necessary step - this case is a distraction and needs to be sidelined.
I have a hunch that it may not be sidelined. One way or the other it has been decided to knock out IK on technical grounds. The state within the state has decided that which will ultimately lead to conflict. I believe which is the plan from the begining. Make an issue of law and order which can justify emergency and martial law.

Yeah hide behind that position and do everything wrong. That position or seat must not be misused.
Don't question the army chief,don't question the judge if they have done anything wrong. Now that's banana republic actually.
The tax payer and voter has all the right to question and criticize anyone.Just like customer is a king and his annoyance can bring the whole company to it's knees.

Yeah basically he surrendered in front of a pressure despite all the public support he has. He can't be arrested or stopped right now this lady judge case is a pygmy in front of IK.
In my opinion, IK confronting judiciary at this critical juncture over a mere judge will do more harm than good.

In my opinion, IK confronting judiciary at this critical juncture over a mere judge will do more harm than good.
Yeah but there are places we cannot surrender and should fight back. Just like he decided to fight back after no confidence motion.

Sir G, you are very right, if we say sorry for our mistakes/errs.
Only I dare to differ on it when one has to be sorry to the 'powerful' when he/she did abuse his/her position. It shows that the one who says sorry is not up to the principles taught to us. Even, though I was unable to find any such example in Islam, if there is any, please do share.

The 'civilized' way to express disagreement/displeasure will always be harsh for those who are on the strong side of the line. They will be more aggressive towards you, judging that you are weak and could not dare to stand.
Such things only work in those societies where humanity, truth, sincerity, and care towards others prevail.

People are calling opponents bad names when others are convicted by the court of law and could not prove their innocence, but maligned those who caught them red-handed.
A thief/murderer/robber/fraudster/savage is to be remembered with such titles, there is no alternative and it is the norm in every society, else in the languages in the world, no such words should be there.

Here IK tries to take avoid so many confrontations against himself and just show remorse, as the more harsh words from others are ignored and every word from IK is liable to lodge an FIR and that is how the system is recently tweaked to work.
Law doesn't recognize or consider whataboutism,
the same law which PTI preaches.

must remain true to the words. what others do and don't do is of no consequence.
if PTI supporter's yardstick is noon league and PPP then stop criticizing them,

Imran Khan is full of arrogance. he might have 100 good qualities but this one is like a drop of piss in a pool of holy water.
he has been wronged by establishment so I empathize with him but I dont give him a free pass because others are full of crap.

Good step IMO.

Not a hill worth dying on.

Let the judges enjoy their power trip.

Back
Top Bottom