What's new

ISRO's GSAT-5P launch fails

Cryogenic stage is the last stage in any rocket. And that gets activated at a very high altitude. Cameras can't capture rockets at that altitude.

This was the solid booster of stage 1. It might be that the second stage failed which is a liquid rocket, and the rocket exploded at the ignition of second stage.

But it definitely wasn't the cryogenic stage that failed. Cryogenic is the last stage.

sirjee i am not sure of what failed.. but it is not necessary that each stages fail only when it ignitiated... structural issues in each stage can also be a reason.. as of video... the top one got detached into pieces and then the entire rocket got bursted.. which is what i was pointing too

This reminds me of below test!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Indian members..!

Guys, Just look at NASA and Russian space agency's..!How much failure they have seen in there history of making included Astronouts..! And look at ISRO..! We are learning from our Failure..! It is sad that this launch failed but this failure will sure somehow help in saving the lives of our future Astrounouts....!

No need to get too much upset, ISRO will Bounce back..! We are Born Fighters..!

Just one line @Indians..!

Never Give Up...!

:tup::tup::tup::tup:

sirjee i am not sure of what failed.. but it is not necessary that each stages fail only when it ignitiated... structural issues in each stage can also be a reason.. as of video... the top one got detached into pieces and then the entire rocket got bursted.. which is what i was pointing too

it was the control command which failed to reach the first stage after 47 seconds. which led to high altitude difference and self destruction command was issued.

Sorry guys in recent past I only hear more failures than success.. Its time to introspect where and why things are getting screwed up... What was the fault and why it happened.. We lost a precious satellite also with this failed test... Let us see will anyone takes resposibilty for this test...

Chandarayon did have some success but it ended in a failure. :agree:

Chandrayaan had reached the orbit it had to reach ....

It completed most of its objectives.....

The orbiter fell out earlier than expected partly due to non functioning of half of the power supply system......and thus some objectives were missed...

So not a complete success............but yes a big success.

GSLV failure tragic, say scientists

Describing the failure of the GSAT-5P communication satellite launch on Saturday evening as “very tragic”, India’s top space scientists said the launch vehicle going up in flames soon after the lift-off was “a major setback” for ISRO.

Senior space scientist Prof. Yashpal, in his first reaction to the failure of the satellite launch, said, “It is very tragic. I think something has happened in early stages. I have never heard of such a thing, as we have had several successes before.”

Noting that the GSLV-F06 launch vehicle had disintegrated in its initial stages itself, Prof. Yashpal said, “We did not get up to the liquid stage. It is terribly sad that something somewhere has gone amiss. A lot of data is available. So they will be able to find out what went wrong.”

He felt that this was “a freak mishap” as the early stages of the launch vehicle had been tested several times by India and have a 100 per cent success rate.

“It (the problem in the launch vehicle) cannot be something fundamentally wrong. It must be something big. It is unfortunate. This is an accident of some sort,” he said.

Former Indian Space Research Organisation engineer Madan Lal, in his remarks, said there seemed to be “some technical problem” in the first stage of the launch vehicle and not with the Russian cryogenic stage that India was using for the satellite launch this time.

“Cryogenic stage is the third stage of the launch. It (failure) appears not to be linked with the cryogenic stage,” he said.

Mr. Lal said India had time and again succeeded in the early stages of the launch vehicle and that part was not a problem area for ISRO scientists.

Institute of Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA) research fellow Ajay Lele said it was “a huge setback” for ISRO. But, he said, the scientists would be able to come back and re-launch the satellite soon.

“It was an important mission for ISRO. It is supposed to be one of the heaviest satellites ever tried by ISRO. In the business of satellite launches, failures are a part of the game,” he remarked.

The Hindu : Sci-Tech / Science : GSLV failure tragic, say scientists

India urgently need communication satellite in space to replace older one so may be we will take help of Russia for launch.

Really a bad day

hum toh wapis PSLV par a gaye
what we need is.

1) Cryogenic Engine
2) Heavy Payload Launch Vehicle.

if the >GSLV design is malfunctioning then its a big problem.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom