What's new

Isro to undertake the heaviest launch in December

We need to dramatically upscale our GLSV carrying capacity.

We need to cross 12 tons capacity.

Semi cryo core stage + better solid fuel + more efficient upper stage...

Semi cryo core stage + better solid fuel + more efficient upper stage...
Indeed. The question is when would ISRO be able to achieve it. It took very long to jump from 1.5 tons to 4 tons because it involved a completely new technology - Cryo and Semi Cryo.

Now that the technology has been developed, it is a question of refining it. Should take lesser time.

Hey, you pathetic Chinese troll, CE 20 is a 200kN gas generator based design that have nothing to do with any Russian design. Are you simply an idiot or is this CCP fed propaganda?

May be your CCP godfathers haven't told you that India successfully flight tested its first cryogenic engine in 2014 ?
Sure, no Russian/Ukrainian input at all. You Indians just dream and downloaded it into your super brains. And you are proud of a half baked product being tested only as recent as 2014? Seriously?

Yeah, 'safe loading factor' :lol:

Quoting S. Ramakrishnan, the first project director GSLV Mark-III project.

"The GSLV-Mk III has the mandate to meet the requirement of deploying 4 tonnes to GTO.However, we can reasonably predict that the first development launch which is essentially to prove the vehicle will carry conservative payload of 3 to 3.5 tonnes and the subsequentoperational missions will be with full capacity. The avenues for further enhancement of LVM-3 performance beyond 4 tonnes will definitely be explored once the vehicle stabilises after a few successful missions. Inert mass reduction in the upper stage (C25) and associated assemblies will be the most attractive and efficient route with least risk in terms of mission reliability. Of course, the propellant loading of C25 itself can be further augmented beyond 27 tonnes by stretching the tankages and also requalifying the endurance of the propulsion systems for the longer burn time. Modulating the engine thrust within bounds in terms of uprating /downrating during the long-stage burn time to optimise the needed velocity gain(ΔV), as was done with GSLV CUS stage, can be another strategy to marginally stretch the performance. However, without touching the lower propulsive stages and the overall vehicle architecture the payload growth of GSLV-Mk III may not go beyond 5 tonnes to GTO. With the ongoing programme to develop a 200 tonne thrust LOX-Kerosene semi-cryo engine and subsequently a semi-cryo stage to replace the L110 core, the GTO payload is expected to touch 6 tonnes. " [old data, now 7.5 tonnes is the target]

That's what I just said isn't it, nobody would launch it at exactly 4 tonnes. Are you dumb? You don't have to type a grandmother story to tell me what your future plans are. I don't really care, the point is CE-20 had not been flight tested and CE-7.5 is a baked potato.

You have lithium production facilities, because you have large lithium reserves and is one of the largest consumers of it, given your electronics industry.

Firstly, having lithium reserves does not mean you can make lithium batteries. You think Japan and Korea has got large lithium reserves? Secondly, of course we have a large electronics industry, from low end to high end, and that's exactly the point I am trying to make, your industrial base is pathetic, that's why you can't make them until recently. Therefore, how can you claim your program is indigenous?.

Nice try, but we are self-sufficient on solar cells & module production. Smaller players like Maharishi solar have facilities to produce silicon ingots, while larger firms like BHEL & Lanco are setting up facilities.

BTW ISRO is setting up its own solar cell fabrication facility to reduce dependence of vendors.

http://cleantechnica.com/2015/12/18/india-mulls-support-polysilicon-ingot-wafer-manufacturing/
https://www.mygov.in/sites/default/files/user_submission/9b89f7af842b51cf0633dab86e6b360e.pdf

I am not sure what Maharishi produces...maybe import from China and remelt it?

Notice that you did not dare touch on titanium. You know for a fact the production line only started last year, so basically your whole freaking space component was made with imported titanium either from Japan, Russia or CHINA.

Really ? With GSAT-11 launch happening by the end of this year, I don't see a 'decade' or 'generation' difference between I-6 K (6 tonne+ platform) and your DFH-5 (6-9 tonne). Anyway, do you think we don't have any plans for higher capacity satellites ? I believe I have told you about our plans to increase GTO payload capacity to 7.5 tonnes in the near future & eventually to more than 10 tonnes.
Bhai, please talk when it is launched! The point is you are only at I-3K now which is a generation behind DFH-4 which was first launched successfully in 2006. That's like 10 years ago. Isn't that a decade gap?

Btw, please don't edit my post in your quote > this is what I typed > 'Pathetic! SUPAPOWAH MY AS*!'

Development of Prototype MPD Thruster: The project has successfully developed a technology demonstrator prototype Magneto Plasma Dynamic Thruster (MPD) using Argon propellant with a specific impulse of 2500s at a thrust of 25 mN.

Presently LPSC, ISRO is actively engaged in the development of 75mN SPT to be used in its future high power communication satellites.

Again, something under development, testing, shall, will, should, may, can..... do you have a successfully launched ion propulsion spacecraft? ANSWER ME!

A staged combustion cycle engine is far more difficult than a gas generator cycle based one.
From the looks of it, you have problem with staged combustion in CE-7.5 which proved to be too hard for you to master and hence for the higher capacity engines, you switched back gas gen cycle. Pathetic.:bunny:

Flown three times, had only one failure, that too in the first flight. Stop exaggerating.

Tried to fly 4 times, failed twice, that's the reason, launches are called launch ATTEMPTS. Check your favorite wiki source. D3, D5, D6. D5 launch was aborted last minute due to leakage and then postponed for few months then relaunched. So you don't count that as a failure? Clever Indian math.

Haha, you can keep bickering as much as you want. GSLV Mk2 with Indigenous cryogenic upper stage has been declared operational, and another flight is scheduled for next month. CE-20 has undergone successfull ground tests, and will fly this December. As for the SC 200, it will be ready by end of this year and we'll have a fully tested engine & stage by 2018. I' am referring timelines set by ISRO scientists here, not some deranged propaganda bot.
So get it done, then talk. The fact remains,until today, whatever I said is correct and valid, isn't it? Deranged? Propaganda? You do realise your tank program is a joke, your LCA is a joke? and your RIFLE ...arghhh..I don't even want to talk about it. How much more incompetent can you be?

Yeah right, whatever that floats your boat.
Hey I didn't say it, your official wiki reference said it. Isn't wiki your favorite source?:yahoo:

We need to dramatically upscale our GLSV carrying capacity.

We need to cross 12 tons capacity.
Great another dreamer. Firstly, try to launch a 4 tonner from an INDIGENOUS launcher. I think China was launching 4 tonners 20 years back with a 2/35 failure rate? Btw someone called cirr a liar when he said the ion propulsion was Russian copy, check this out
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_spacecraft_with_electric_propulsion.
Again from your favorite wiki source.

first indian SAR sat had Israeli radar
first Indian cryo launch had Russian engines
First ion propulsion craft had Russia propulsion

You seeing a pattern here, they COPY
So basically they claim they are indigenous when in reality most of the things are imported, they claim originality when most of the stuff are copied and then they call China copycats when we achieve more. Typical sour grapes. I think I can see fumes of jealousy spew out when they see CZ-5 launched. Ooops,, I am being Indian again, boastful before something happening.

Last edited:
Indeed. The question is when would ISRO be able to achieve it. It took very long to jump from 1.5 tons to 4 tons because it involved a completely new technology - Cryo and Semi Cryo.

Now that the technology has been developed, it is a question of refining it. Should take lesser time.

IBest of luck to Insia for becoming a successful high capacity satellite launch country. Don't let distractors discourage Indians in this forum.

What were the Chinese doing with RD 120 engines in the 1990s when they had already mastered this tech in the 1970s and 1980s or was it that you were busy supplying parts to other countries' space program but didn't know how to build one for themselves

What were the Chinese doing with RD 120 engines in the 1990s when they had already mastered this tech in the 1970s and 1980s or was it that you were busy supplying parts to other countries' space program but didn't know how to build one for themselves
Noooo...it was not RD120, I heard it was RD180 or was it RD170.

Back
Top Bottom