What's new

Isro to have reusable launch rocket in 2 yrs

Nop, Although the technology might derive for a One which Might...

Why not buddy??AVATAR is the DRDO version of RLV which is being developed as a hypersonic UCAV.So it will definately carry weapons when ready.

Yeah...Plus US was the only country with a reusable launch vehicle. If this could be pulled off it will be cheaper than the Soyuz Capsule which can only carry 4 astronauts and cannot be reused.

Not Really. Russians do hv Shuttle Technology.

The Buran spacecraft (Russian: Бура́н, IPA: [bʊˈran], Snowstorm or Blizzard), GRAU index 11F35 K1 is a Russian (Soviet) orbital vehicle (in Russian terminology: "орбитальный самолет", "orbital airplane") analogous in function and design to the US Space Shuttle and developed by Chief Designer Gleb Lozino-Lozinskiy of Energia rocket corporation. To this day, Buran remains the only space shuttle vehicle from the Soviet Buran program that was launched into space before the program closure. The Buran completed one unmanned spaceflight in 1988 before the cancellation of the program in 1993 and was later stored in a hangar at the Baikonur cosmodrome, where a hangar collapse accident in 2002 destroyed the orbital vehicle

Buran_Space_Shuttle_Comparsion_1.gif

n 1989, it was projected that Buran would have an unmanned second flight in 1993, with a duration of 15–20 days.[6] Due to the cancellation of the project after the dissolution of the Soviet Union, this never took place. Several scientists looked into trying to revive the Buran program, especially after the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster.[7] More recently, the director of Moscow's Central Machine Building Institute has said the Buran project will be reviewed in the hopes of restarting a similar manned spacecraft design, with rocket test launches as soon as 2015.[8] Russia also continues work on the PPTS but has abandoned the Kliper program, due to differences in vision with its European partners

Not Really. Russians do hv Shuttle Technology.

Buran_Space_Shuttle_Comparsion_1.gif

Thats new to me. Thanks for the info. I guess commercial constraints may have prevented it's use. Even the US space Shuttle program was considered a Commercial failure.

I don't think it will happen in next 2 years, i know a couple of guys working at VSSC who told that RLV team is in a big mess after some of the scientists got transferred due to internal politics. Now the new guys who replaced them has to go through whole learning process again which will delay the whole project.

Why not buddy??AVATAR is the DRDO version of RLV which is being developed as a hypersonic UCAV.So it will definately carry weapons when ready.

AVATAR means Aerobic Vehicle for Hypersonic Aerospace Transportation ... DRDO is involved in development along with PVt companies , ISRO and NAL...

after grounding of space shuttles there is a gap in the market..will ne very profitable if india can fill this gap.

no, India has no expertise in manned missions, only the Russians have anything comparable to offer, for replacement of Space Shuttle and their tech the Soyuz capsules will be used in the future by NASA.

no, India has no expertise in manned missions, only the Russians have anything comparable to offer, for replacement of Space Shuttle and their tech the Soyuz capsules will be used in the future by NASA.

I don't understand why the Chinese are not coming forward, afterall they are 3rd nation to put a man in space.

I don't understand why the Chinese are not coming forward, afterall they are 3rd nation to put a man in space.

They might just suddenly launch one tomorrow and we'll be left scratching our heads :cheesy:

Found this on ISRO site.
Space Science Missions
Space Capsule Recovery Experiment (SRE-II)

The main objective of SRE II is to realize a fully recoverable capsule and provide a platform to conduct microgravity experiments on Micro-biology, Agriculture, Powder Metallurgy, etc. SRE-2 is proposed to be launched onboard PSLV during 2011-12

Back
Top Bottom