What's new

Israel Bombs Gaza - Hundreds Dead

SherdiL!

BANNED
Reaction score
CAIRO, Dec 25: Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni vowed on Thursday to strike back at the Hamas rulers of Gaza after a sharp escalation of violence in the Palestinian territory dashed hopes of a new truce.

“Enough is enough. The situation is going to change,” Livni said in Cairo after meeting Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak to discuss the deteriorating situation in the Gaza Strip since a truce expired six days ago.

“Unfortunately there is one address to the situation of the people in the Gaza Strip; this is Hamas, Hamas controls them, Hamas decided to target Israel, this is something that has to be stopped and this is what we’re going to do,” she said in English.

“Yesterday’s escalation was unbearable,” Livni said after Gaza militants hit Israel with their biggest rocket barrage in six months to avenge the killing of three fighters from the Islamist movement.

“Hamas needs to understand that our aspiration for peace does not mean that Israel will take this situation any longer,” Livni said at a press conference with Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Abul Gheit.

“Hamas’s control of the Gaza Strip is not only Israel’s problem... but what we are doing is an expression of the needs of the region.”

“The situation in the Gaza Strip has become an obstacle on the way of the Palestinians toward a state,” added Livni, who has vowed to topple Hamas if her Kadima party wins a general election in February.

Livni has been heading the Israeli team in talks with the Palestinians that resumed in last year but have failed to make any visible headway since.

Abul Gheit, whose government mediated the six-month truce that expired on Friday, called for restraint.

“Egypt has made clear that there should be restraint and no escalation and an alleviation of the humanitarian situation,” he said, adding Israel should refrain from “collective punishment.”

Israel’s Maariv newspaper said the security cabinet had given the army the go-ahead to conduct expanded operations in Gaza after a meeting on Wednesday and Defence Minister Ehud Barak warned that Israel would respond to the fire.

“Hamas... will pay a big price,” he said. “We will not allow this situation to last.”

Hamas has vowed to step up attacks if Israel strikes Gaza, a tiny enclave sandwiched between Egypt and Israel that is home to 1.5 million largely aid-dependent Palestinians.

Since Friday’s expiry of the truce, Israel has threatened to launch a major offensive on Gaza, with top leaders threatening to topple Hamas.

In turn, Hamas has warned it will retaliate by resuming suicide bombings inside Israel. The last such attack was in January 2005.

Israel’s outgoing Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, meanwhile, called on Thursday for residents of Gaza to stop Hamas militants from firing missiles into Israel.

“I say to you in a last-minute call, stop it,” Olmert said in an interview with the Arab television Al-Arabiya.—AFP

source Israeli army gets go-ahead for attack on Gaza: report -DAWN - Top Stories; December 26, 2008

i am seriously tired of US helping Israel.......they go into every neigboring country and kill innocent Muslims i call for Pakistan Army to break thier neck before they do such a thing i cant seriously wait to join Pakistan Army in June this is really pathetic of these axis of Evil we can FIGHT a war on 2 borders i am CPL agry right now :devil: ; its not a war on terror its a was on MUSLIMS WAKE UP WAKE UP SLAP SLAP

For now we gtta wrry abt our own war, if there is another arab war, im sure pakistan will be there to help our brothers.

For now we gtta wrry abt our own war, if there is another arab war, im sure pakistan will be there to help our brothers.

Has Pakistan ever helped the Palestinians in past conflicts? What has Pakistan done. This is an honest question, I am not aware of Pakistan's "help" in Gaza or the West Bank. Hamas is now, mostly, an extension of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards. I can't imagine that Pakistan would risk any operational aircraft in the Palestinian theater at a time when "all hands on deck" are required in the skies over Pakistan itself.

^^^
Pakistan has not helped Hamas, but in previous arab wars, pakistan sent it's fighter jets to fight along the arabs.

And i said, pakistan gtta defend itself first though.

Pakistan will not be able to support the Palestinians at the very right moment, i'm not sure about the near future though.
Our country is not a superpower which can simply mobilize its troops from all over the world (i'm not saying that we can't) and support a certain nation militarily without facing serious consequenses from other nations.
Instead, we can support the palestinians by financial aid, perhaps invest in Palestina, set up projects and companies and so fort.
This however, should be the task of the Arab countries, but the harsh reality is, muslim brotherhood and unity is far to be found these days, it's just all about the money and the friends with a bigger wallet.
There is some form of unity, but not the one Islam truly stands for.

PAF has scored kills on Israeli warplanes and ground targets with zero losses...

During the '67 War or the '71 Yom Kippur War? Were the Pakistanis flying under their own flag or someone else's? Were the Pakistani's officially flying for Pakistan or were they unofficially "free lancing" for another country? Is this a proven fact or a well-believed, but possibly false, myth? Does Pakistan recognize Israel diplomatically?

Instead, we can support the palestinians by financial aid, perhaps invest in Palestina, set up projects and companies and so fort.

The largest financial supporters of the Palestinians are the US, EU and the UN. The OIC nations are the ones giving the most "lip service" to them.

During the '67 War or the '71 Yom Kippur War? Were the Pakistanis flying under their own flag or someone else's? Were the Pakistani's officially flying for Pakistan or were they unofficially "free lancing" for another country? Is this a proven fact or a well-believed, but possibly false, myth? Does Pakistan recognize Israel diplomatically?
They were flying under Arab forces flag.Pakistan sent them as a good gesture.It's proven fact and later some Israeli guy also wrote about Pakistan air force in his book
"He was a formidable fellow and I was glad that he was Pakistani and
not Egyptian"
(Israel Air Force chief and ex-President Ezer Weizmen writing about
PAF chief Nur Khan in his autobiography, On Eagles' Wings).

PAF has scored kills on Israeli warplanes and ground targets with zero losses...

Well, then KB, I would quibble with the "zero losses" part of your post in that who knows how many sorties the Pak pilots flew and what happened to all of them. Certainly Israel very quickly (within hours or a day) established air supremacy in both conflicts. So, if there were "no losses", it was because the Pak pilots stayed on the ground after a few sorties. Anyway, I don't think it would be a good idea for the Pak air force to challenge the Israelis in the air over Palestine today, if they want to have any planes left to challenge the "other" IAF.

Well, then KB, I would quibble with the "zero losses" part of your post in that who knows how many sorties the Pak pilots flew and what happened to all of them. Certainly Israel very quickly (within hours or a day) established air supremacy in both conflicts. So, if there were "no losses", it was because the Pak pilots stayed on the ground after a few sorties. Anyway, I don't think it would be a good idea for the Pak air force to challenge the Israelis in the air over Palestine today, if they want to have any planes left to challenge the "other" IAF.
Nobody is challenging Israel Air Force and Sir Murad can tell you more about this incident because he was in PAF during that time if you want more info just pm Sir Murad.He is decorated War hero and have shot down a lot of Indian Air Force Planes.

Whatever you say boss. ;)

This is a well proven fact that PAF pilots shot down 10 Israeli aircrafts, they are highly decorated in Syria. Israelis sure did establish air supremacy but also consider how many PAF pilots were serving in there air forces. Its not our fault that Arab Air Forces have been soo incompetant. The Chief of Israel Air Force at that time praised the pilots of PAF and there bravery. Pakistan does not recognize Israel diplomatically, its better that way because the Israeli-Palestinian problem is something for the Arabs to solve. Its not our problem, we have plenty of our own problems with the Indians.

Israel’s heavy bombings on Gaza claim 120 dead, 200 injured
Updated at: 1525 PST,
Saturday, December 27, 2008

GAZA CITY: Israeli warplanes launched a series of air raids dropping heavy bombs here, which left at least 120 dead and 200 wounded.

According to details, Islaeli Air Force targeting Hamas compound heavily bombed and rained rockets here. Eyewitnesses said that Israeli fighter planes bombed Hamas Tehrik Compound and other installations here, which resulted in over 50 Palestinians dead.

Security sources confirming the raids said that at least 30 Compounds of Hamas have been destroyed in the Israeli attacks.

Back
Top Bottom