What's new

Islamic scholar Tahir ul-Qadri issues terrorism fatwa

Allah says in QURRAN "I AM DECLARING KHALIFA AT EARTH"

Who is that shurrah to select khalifa like mullah omer????
Is not THAT SHIRK????

^^ its based on a similar fatwa but with a lot more detail. with answers to all the questions raised by those who promote suicide bombing and conditional killing of civilians
AJP,

Do you suppose there is a benefit to these Fatwas?

I mean I fear its replacing one Mullah with another. Suicide bombings started with Fatwas, declaring them legal and now they are being declared illegal. I want the Pakistanis to grow up, make their own decisions and not rely upon these edicts from Mullahs.

Suicide Bombings are wrong. Plain and simple. A sane human being doesn't need a Mullah to tell him that. As long as we rely upon Mullahs to tell us what is wrong and what is right, we'll continue to be a pawn in their game.

Qadri sahab has a massive following. Although he talks about unity of Islamic faith(s), I'm concerned with the manner in which he has his devotees following him.

AJP,

I mean I fear its replacing one Mullah with another. Suicide bombings started with Fatwas, declaring them legal and now they are being declared illegal. I want the Pakistanis to grow up, make their own decisions and not rely upon these edicts from Mullahs.
I say there is. You should know that we do not live our lives in an intellectual and moral vacuum. Every decision, no matter how trivial, require a justification for its being. The justifications for the trivial ones are often subconscious. The biological compulsions called 'hunger' and 'thirst' qualify as justifications. The greater the moral gravity of the situation that attracted our attention, the greater the preponderance of justifications prior to action. So why should we reject the opinions, even conflicting ones on the same topic, from religious leaders? Religious instructions are part of that moral foundation we stand upon, correct?

Of course there is a benefit.

The Non-Muslims are always complaining that "although most Muslims are not terrorists, they DO NOT voice their opposition", or something like that.

Here in the UK this is big news - so it's raised good awareness...

Honestly speaking, some of the individuals here make me sick.

I say there is. You should know that we do not live our lives in an intellectual and moral vacuum. Every decision, no matter how trivial, require a justification for its being. The justifications for the trivial ones are often subconscious. The biological compulsions called 'hunger' and 'thirst' qualify as justifications. The greater the moral gravity of the situation that attracted our attention, the greater the preponderance of justifications prior to action. So why should we reject the opinions, even conflicting ones on the same topic, from religious leaders? Religious instructions are part of that moral foundation we stand upon, correct?
What happens when say Tahir ul Qadri, goes nuts? Lets says he goes like "You cannot Suicide bomb, but pick up a gun and start fighting". If we agree that he is "religiously correct" about this, then he can be correct about anything.

My problem is following God through 'God's men', rather than using one's own reasoning and intellect.

The Non-Muslims are always complaining that "although most Muslims are not terrorists, they DO NOT voice their opposition", or something like that.

There's nothing wrong with him denouncing the suicide bombing, I'm saying theres something wrong with the situation if Muslims only figure it out after a fatwa (obviously not true, but made to seem so), rather than on their own.

agreed with Ajpirzada on his previous posts :tup:

AJP,

Suicide Bombings are wrong. Plain and simple. A sane human being doesn't need a Mullah to tell him that. As long as we rely upon Mullahs to tell us what is wrong and what is right, we'll continue to be a pawn in their game.

Qadri sahab has a massive following. Although he talks about unity of Islamic faith(s), I'm concerned with the manner in which he has his devotees following him.

If these scholars are not going to issue fatwah's then are you going to guide us what is Islamically right or wrong? if yes then on what basis? From the teachings of our Prophet or from your own theory based on ?

Honestly speaking, some of the individuals here make me sick.

yeah agreed......... Tahir-ul-Qadri's this Fatwa has been hailed all over UK and sometimes it is very necessary to Issue such Fatwah's espacially for those misguided peoples who thinks suicide bombing is OK it is possible they might change their mind and secondly it leaves a positive impact on other nations that Islam too discourages these suicide attacks and suicide attacks are UnIslamic. They are simply Terrorists and not Muslims only.

Each person can listen to them but ultimately what one must do is that the final decision should be your own after reading books like the Quran, after reading newspapers, after reading a host of ideals laid down by key historic figures and then make a human judgement as to what is right and what is wrong.

One guy alone should not steer a community with us following as blind zombies.

I was googling up Tahir ul Qadri, to read up on his bio. I bumped into videos of people prostrating to him. Thats insane. As far as I know in Islam people only Prostrate in one direction and not in front of anybody.

It is obvious that already a little too much power has been accorded to Tahir Qadri, that Muslims are coming down and offering Sajood. Of course some excuse is being offered that this is not prostration by Kadam bosi (kissing feet) which is allowed in Islam, in my entire life of living in Muslim countries, I've yet to see any Muslim Prostrate or kiss anybody's feet.

This is the exact problem I have with Mullahs. People follow them like zombies and convert them into demigods.

Each person can listen to them but ultimately what one must do is that the final decision should be your own after reading books like the Quran, after reading newspapers, after reading a host of ideals laid down by key historic figures and then make a human judgement as to what is right and what is wrong.

One guy alone should not steer a community with us following as blind zombies.

this is fair............

Every Muslim should never follow scholars blindly. They should think twice and consult with other reliable Mufti's if they feel doubt in one scholar''s fatwah. Fatwah is something that can only be given by only the Highest level of Scholars "Mufti's" no ordinary Maulvi or Maulana is allowed to issue any kind of fatwah neither allowed to ammend or bring changes to its Fatwah.

I would say again it is very necessary to issue such Fatwa's (religious opinion) on regular basis to keep the Ummah aware of current situations and what Islam says about this matter. Follow the reliable scholar and not any so-called Maulvi's Fatwah who is not even allowed to issue Fatwah.

A Question: How come fighting in Kashmir is Jihad and in Afganistan its Haram?

AJP,

only purpose of this fatwa is to demolish the religious argument behind terrorism. and only those who are open to discussion will read it and not those who have already made up their mind.

as far as ppl growin up, that is a gud thing but will not happen. ppl dont do research or may be they dont have access to a lot of religious text which also includes Quranic explainations written by many Imams over a period of more than 1400 years. therefore for millions such Ulama are the only source of knowledge and if they stay quite hoping that everyone will do his research then we will end up in much bigger trouble.

to be honest, i would never have done this much research which Qadri sahab has done. Its possible for me to read Quran but as far as 100s of ahadith books are concerned, to be honest i dont have enough time to go through all of them. and there was a part of me which thought that may be suicide bombing can be justified under some scenarios. such questions and ambiguities which arise in the mind of youth can be clarified by these people through quoting Quran and Ahadith.

as far as his followers are concerned and how they follow him, well judge the person in his actions and not how he is being followed. going by that, majority of muslims including myself are not gud representative of Islam. but this doesnt mean there is something wrong with Islam rather problem lies with me.

He is misinterpreting and justifying democratic system is islamic system ,which is wrong.

sir ji he is saying that any gov system which is formed with consensus and works according to the principles of Quran and Sunnah is islamic system.
Democracy is the way you run the administration and Shriah is the law which you follow. when you combine them together, you get Islamic system.

as far as democracy is concerned that is completely islamic and it was practiced by all four caliphs:

watch from 2:00 onwards

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom